Chapter 2 – Bookworm
100 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok real funny now where am I.”

 

I watch as the pumpkins' mouth moves in the mirror as I speak. 

 

...

 

“Don’t tell me I’m the pumpkin.”

 

“Unfortunately, Kako’s curse leaves those in undesirable bodys” she says faintly

 

“Lucky for you though I saved you before you were turned into pumpkin pie! You’re welcome!”

 

“I-I was almost eaten!?” I shifted my weight around in shock, the pumpkin in the mirror still mimicking as I do. It’s still quite unsettling to see myself as a pumpkin.

 

“Oh look! You’re moving” she says as me moves towards me

 

We both look at each in the mirror. I just can’t believe this is happening. 

 

“I have so many questions... First where even am I”

 

I know pumpkins don’t move on their own from where I come from. So this can’t be another country, it has to be some other place entirely.

 

“You’re in Lyre, silly , doesn’t everyone know that?” She looks at me curiously.

 

Wait… Lyre? Never heard of it.

 

“Didn’t you read the warning before doing the ritual?”

 

“I may have skipped that part and went straight to the ritual…” I say looking away.

 

She sighs. The sky slowly becomes a royal blue color from the lighter blue it was before. 

 

“Well I think you had enough excitement for today”

 

Yawning from exhaustion she scoops me up in her arms with her breast right behind me. I blush slightly. She takes a few steps and a mushroom shaped house enters my view. I inspected the house on the way there. The roof was a vibrant red, the door also mushroom shaped and heavy looking and a doormat embroidered with the words ‘Little Witch Shop’. When we enter the house, the aroma of different species of flowers fill my nose. Some I’ve never seen in person before shaking in the wind from an open window. 

 

Her boots tip-tap on the wooden floor as she heads for a bed that has an oddly mushroom not mushroom shaped headboard to it. She sets me down and rushes over to the book shelf on the right  wall. 

 

“Ta-da. Welcome to my humble abode” Rosetta smiles warmly. 

 

Now that I’ve sat down I get a better look at my surroundings. I see a cauldron, a shelf filled with spices and books that I’ve never known existed. 

 

“Wow it’s amazing”

 

 Even if the room was a little messy. I was so busy trying to survive and distracted by the fact that I'm a pumpkin that I didn’t realize how beautiful this other world could be. 

 

“I know right.” 

 

She closes her eyes and smiles with her hands behind her back. She stretches her arms while yawning.

 

“Well we better get some shut eye” 

 

. She waves her wand again and in a blink of an eye her dress and stockings turn into pjs. She plops into bed almost knocking me out of it. 

 

“Hey! watch it-” 

 

But before I could say anything else she was already fast asleep. I tried to do the same.

 

Hnnng

 

After a few more futile attempts, I stop. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t fall asleep. I look around the darkened room. Books and dubious stains littered the floor. If only I could move more freely. Trying to move like I did before!

 

 Hmm! oraaa! Mmmm! 

 

I began to rock back and forth. Just a little more, come on. I use all my concentration on moving my weight and body. 

 

“Oooooh! I did it”

 

I begin rolling to the left.... Wait, that’s the end of the bed! I can’t stop. Falling down face first, I shut my eyes tightly. Please don't crack, please don't crack. 

 

[Photo captured] 

 

I land softly on a pillow. I rock myself slowly back right up. What was that? 

 

[Photo Captured- Save?]

[Yes or no]

A popup window appears, showing where I had landed face first into. Hmm interesting it seems that this world provides rpg-like features. Wonder if it's for everyone or just me? I look at the book that lies in front of me. I don’t understand it at all. 

 

[Translate?] 

[Yes or no]

 

There’s too many windows now. Do I say it aloud?

 

“...”

 

That’s too embarrassing. I’ll just say it in my mind. ‘Yes’ to all! 

 

[Photo saved]

[Translating...]

 

Oh! ‘Lost Hero’ I use my vines upon my stem to flip through the pages. Success! I read through the first chapter and those following after. It takes a while but the gist of the story goes on about a man who fought for the good against Kako. The hero, Luther, sealed Kako in a special seal that could only be opened by his blood. His brother Artemis grew angry with jealousy and killed his older brother Luther. Artemis used Luther's blood to unseal Kako so that he too would grow powerful. Little did Artemis know his greed would cost him and now roams limbo forever. 

 

Hmm, maybe I can find more stuff about Kako here. I rock over to my side. Come on move! I use my force and willpower to roll across the room. Exploring all its nooks and crannies throughout the night. Using the moonlight as my guide through the dark. I read book after book that I could reach. Before I realized it's morning. Rosetta wakes up due to my ruckus.

8