Chapter 3 – Althera
82 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Here we go!” 

 

Rosetta seems excited. She is now carrying me in her arms exiting the mushroom house. Smiling as she turns me to face her.

 

“Today is the day where I train Mr.Pumpkin~” 

 

 “My name isn’t Mr.Pumpkin” 

 

annoying. 

 

“Whatever you say ‘Jake-o-lantern’”  

 

With her cheeky smile. I wonder if I’m ever going to live this down. With my resignation she giggles and continues on with her plan.

 

“Have you checked your stats yet?” 

 

“My stats?” 

 

“My my this won’t do at all. All that reading you did last night and you still don’t know.” 

 

She crosses her arms, shaking her head. 

 

“Well hun if you look at the bottom of your peripheral vision you can see an ‘icon’. Use your conscience to ‘click’ on that.”

 

Guess she really wasn’t lying there is an icon there. I follow Rosetta’s explanation and click down on the icon. 

 

“A ‘menu screen’ should pop up. Just say ‘stats’ in your mind and it should show you”

 

[Hello welcome Jake, what can I help you with?]

 

I concrete and reply with ‘stats’. 

 

[loading stats... stats loaded]

 

“Wow it worked! Thanks a lot Rosetta” 

 

Now let's see. 

 

[Stats]

LEVEL- 1

Class: Monster

Species: Sentient Pumpkin

HP- 10/10 

STR- 0 

DEF- 10

DEX- 3 

WIS- 10 

CHAR - 2 

CON - 5 

MAG - 2 

Special Abilities:

 Hard Shell(Lv1)Universal Language(-)] 

 

Well strength doesn't seem to be my strong suite. I'm a little disappointed. Ah- could I get an explanation of ‘Hard Shell’?

 

[Allows the user to apply a clear hard shell around themselves for 10 seconds-  +10 DEF, -5 DEX]

 

Wow, that doubles my DEF stat, but somethings bothering me. Now impatiently looking at my distracted self, Rosetta seems to want to say something. I shift my gaze to her. Immediately noticing this and without skipping a beat she says the unexpected.

 

“Let me see your stats~“ 

 

She rushes over. Thinking fast I put my will into making it visible

 

“Woah you’re pretty smart for a newbie. Must have been all those books you read last night hun.”  

 

She bends over peeking at my screen. 

 

“Hmm, well at least you have good defence and your skill should allow you to up that”

 

She right her posture and continues.

 

“Theodore!” 

 

The ground shakes. A big winged griffin comes out from behind the mushroom house. 

 

“Who’s a good boy, my little pookie bear” 

 

she says while squishing Theodore’s cheeks with her hands. 

NdDKPJX.jpeg

I take a good look at Theodore. He’s a brown and white speckled griffin with a scar on his bottom left leg. His long feathery wings make him look majestic and mature. Little pookie bear? More like a badass beast!

 

“Well let's go hun '' 

 

Smiling while she walks over to pick me up. 

 

“Where are we going?” 

 

“Althera. It’s known for its healing herbs and weak monsters.” 

 

Rosetta hops on to Theodore, setting me upon her lap. She grabs on to Theodore’s big back feathers. 

 

*Screech* 

 

With that piercing sound, Theodore begins to rear up his hind legs and strike out his front talons followed by a forward dash. 

“Here we go hun! Woo!” 

 

As Theodore runs he spreads his magnificent wings. I close my eyes and before I know it we’re high up in the sky. I open up my eyes seeing the soft rolling clouds and the birds that begin to surround us. Below there are thousands of trees and fields more than the eye can see. But the most sumptuous thing that I saw was the castle out in the distance. It stood tall for all to see. Kako must live there, I thought to myself. 

 

“Right over there is our location” 

 

Rosetta pointed down to a clear field filled with flowers and herbs. 

 

“This is where I mostly get the herbs and flowers I use for my positions.” 

 

We land down on a clear patch in the field. Rosetta grabs me and gets down from Theodore’s back. 

 

“Thank you boy, you can rest here” she says petting Theodore’s feathers. 

 

A popup screen appears in front of me 

 

[Join Rosetta’s party? yes or no] 

 

[Joining… Joined successfully]

 

Of course, I pick yes. 

 

“Now off we go!” she yells excitingly. 

 

Rosetta rushes down into the flower field. Well this doesn’t smell too bad so far. It wasn’t long until we bumped into our first monster. A earth worm looking monster appeared. Big like a midsize dog. The worm was purple and had sharp horns around it. 

 

“Alright Jake I hope you know how to fight.” 

 

She smirks, lifting me up above her head. 

 

“What do you think you’re doing-” 

 

“Special move; pumpkin throw!” 

 

Rosetta throws me over to the monster. Her throw lands short and I end up on my side rolling straight to it! 

 

“Oops” 

 

“You idiot!” 

While scared and disappointed in my team mate the worm monster begins to chew on my head. 

 

[Would you like to activate hardshell? yes or no]

 

Yes! Yes please 

 

[Activated. Warning: your magic power is running low, advised to rest] 

 

Maybe not if this keeps ending up happening and I have no magic for a bigger foe. Despite my dizziness I continue to fight for my life. I glance at Rosetta, she shows no sign of helping. 

 

*Tsk* 

 

I guess I’ll just have to suck it up. 

 

But I guess I was wrong when I heard ‘Wand transformation bow’ from the Rosetta behind me. In the blink of an eye Rosetta’s wand began glowing transforming itself into a bow and arrow. 

 

“Fire arrow!” 

 

Rosetta pulls back the string on the bow and a flaming arrow appears upon it. She releases the arrow and shoots the worm. The worm releases me while it bursts into flames. 

 

[Exp gained. 3xp]

 

“Hey at least the worm wasn’t strong enough to puncture you, right?” 

 

She says with a hand behind her head laughing nervously.

7