Chapter 0: Prologue (Chapter Rewritten This is outdated)
1.3k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 0: Prologue

-Office Break Room -

“Hey Jack, do you think dragons could fly with their large bodies?”

“What are you talking about Nathan?”

“In a game, I recently started playing there are dragons but their wings look too small for their fat bodies.”

“If it’s a fantasy game maybe because of magic. What is the title?”

“It’s called the god of creation and it’s a random game I found on my phone a while back. It’s like a giant civilization game where you slowly build up worlds and try making them prosper.” 

“Not my cup of tea I like First-person shooters more.”

After Jack and I was about to leave the office break room I received a notification on my phone.

Ding!

After pulling out my phone I notice the notification was from the game I have been playing.

Congratulations to player @Apollo635 for Being the First Player to Earn World Achievement Perfect World (World has reached the point where system Races continue to develop independently and are unlikely to go extinct without Divine intervention ) 

Reward – Become a New God of Creation

 

After reading the reward my vision became fuzzy and the world went black. After waking up I find myself in an old-style lounge but with a bit of a difference… outside the window instead of trees, buildings, or people. Giant blue and green balls, or for better words planets floated in an endless void.

 

“The last thing I remember is reading a notification about me becoming a god of creation, but that app is only just a game. How could it have possibly sent me to a place like this?”                                                      

“Hello, my child.”

A white-haired man with a face full of wrinkles appears behind me holding two cups of tea. With a small grin on his face like a little kid who just pulled a prank.

After we both sat on the sofas the old man began to speak.

” I created that game to help me find someone with the ability to become a new god of creation.   After you unlocked that achievement I spirited your soul away and brought you here. So there is no going back since you’re officially dead on the earth.”

“Wait I’m Dead! Since you’re some kind of god couldn’t you of just brought my body here instead of killing me? ”

With a light chuckle “Yes I am a God and to be precise one of the seven superior Creation Deities, however, your body will be useless since you will become a spiritual being. That’s a basic requirement to becoming a god.”

Puffing out your chest is only cute when you’re a girl. I think this old man is going senile!

With a pouty expression on his face “You do know I can read your mind, Nathan. “

I really stood on a land mind as I think this I ask my next question. “What’s with this becoming God stuff? When did I ever sign up for that?”

“If you read the terms and service of the game it states – You agreed to be isekaied. You should really learn to read the fine print on things”

“Now let’s get on with the explanation before I rebirth you.”

“Once every few hundred years the higher-ranked Creation Deities will each pick one of their children to become a god of creation? Each new god is given access to the system us superior gods set up a while back to make it easier to manage worlds.”

“Why would you superior gods need a system, isn’t managing worlds pretty easy for you guys?”

“Yes, yes it may be pretty easy for us, but… When we originally decided to uplift some of our children they couldn’t utilize their power properly and it took a long time for them to get used to it. By the 3rd generation of the new guys, we came up with the system. It makes it easier for you to use your divine power by using an interface until you can use it properly yourself!”

“So work hard Nathan and don’t disappoint your father!”

 “Why was I picked as a god? I know I got that achievement but there were many better players. All my civilizations were always on the brink of destruction until recently. I mainly left them to do their own thing unless any of my races were about to go extinct.”

 

As the old man let out a sigh he began to explain.

“To make it simple the system is set up for you to only need to worry about one world at the start, however as they begin to explore or you begin to create more worlds it would be impossible to manage all your worlds. If you intervened on their growth too much It would end with most of your worlds not developing past a certain point.”

“Since you only intervened if they were about to go extinct they relied very little on the gods while still worshipping your Deities. It’s a perfect balance for world development while allowing you to spend little CP (Creation Points).

“Lastly CP is the currency we Gods of Creation use and you will be able to buy things from the marketplace.”

“Now I have explained the rough majority I will rebirth you as a god of creation. I have left you a gift so you won’t be too lonely.”

 As pain shot through my body I looked at the old man with a resentful look before everything turned white.

 

--Author Note—

Hi, the author here! This is my first book and I would appreciate the feedback. E.G. plot holes, things you don’t like, etc.   This will allow me to fix them and improve my writing. So I hope you liked the prologue to my first story.

Gods Ranks:  Superior – High – Mid – low – Demi

Creation points (CP for short) are the main currency used. Similar to dungeon points in other novels.

 

28