Chapter 10 – Goddess of the Earth Gaea’s Divine Diary part 2
360 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10 - Goddess of the Earth Gaea’s Divine Diary part 2

After receiving a letter from Aura my face grew wide. After reading the letter I was happy to find out Aura was living happily and decided to send my response.

My dear daughter, I am glad you’re living happily with Nathan and that your experience with us has helped you with your work with him. Your father and I are doing well. Not many things have changed here except earth now reaching a tier 3 world. They have begun to colonize quite a few worlds and Zeus plans to begin integrating them into his other worlds.

Why don’t you explain who you are to Nathan after you come back here for the faction meet-up? That way you can explain it more easily to him and introduce me to him at the same time.

While you are back you might as well take some of your things with you. I know your father was pretty inconsiderate when he suddenly rebirthed you into a Sub Deity for Nathan and didn’t send over any of your things.

Make sure to look after your body and don’t forget to bring your child over when you have one. I want to hold my grandchild Aura. Don’t forget I love you and I can’t wait to see you at the meeting. I have felt pretty lonely without you Aura and I know your dad does too.

See you soon and lots of love Mum!

After my response to Aura’s letter, I let out a sigh. “I miss that silly girl.” I just hope they don’t have any trouble when they go to the meeting.

One of my Homunculus maids walked in and informed me that I have a guest. After agreeing to meet with the unexpected guest I head to my study. Why is he here? This doesn’t seem good at all.

“Hello mother in law Gaea’s, I'm glad you are looking well! I’m here today to ask for permission to take Aura as my bride. I can promise to make her my head wife and I have already arranged a large gift of a tier 5  intergalactic civilization that is ruling over a galaxy. ”

Looking at the man in front of me in shock after being bombarded with information. “High creator Ares, I’m not sure if you know this but Aura is Zeus's favorite daughter? He already refused to marry off his children for political reasons, so why would he marry her off to someone she hasn’t chosen.”

“That’s why I came to you Mother in law. I know you love your daughter but can still see reason. By marrying off your daughter to me I can promise her a happy and safe life. She won’t have to want for anything while you gain even more influence among Zeus's wives from my gift to you.”

While looking at Ares coldly I say in a harsh tone. “I don’t attend to use my daughter as a tool she is even more important to me than Zeus himself. Ares I would recommend you never bring this topic up in front of me again or you won’t like the consequences.”

With a fearless smile, Ares continues. “We both know she has a thing for me so why don’t you just let us be together. You know how she used to tease me by calling me names when we would meet at events.”

Letting out a worn-out sign I responded to the fool. “She wasn’t teasing you! She doesn’t actually like you and I will inform you of an important issue. Aura has already found a partner. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is already pregnant from the letters I have received.”

“WHAT! Who is the creator who caught her eye? It must be a higher rank but whom? How could he be better than me as one of the council members of our faction? ”

Looking at Ares continue to talk nonsense I reply in a harsh tone. “It's Aura’s childhood sweetheart from when we were still living on earth. He managed to complete Zeus’s new test and recently been Rebirthed into a god of creation.”

“What she fell in love with trash like that! He can be barely considered a low-rank creator and you allowed your daughter to go with him.”

Slap! After slapping Ares around his face I looked at him coldly. “I will be informing Zeus you're dissatisfied with his choice and decided to take it out on one of his wives. I was not the one who decided to allow Aura to go with her crush since Zeus has the final say after all.”

Ares's face went pale before stuttering out.”I’m sorry my lady I was just overcome from the shock of the woman I love was suddenly taken. Please don’t take my words seriously mam. I will take my leave now and I will remember to send an apology gift.”

With a monstrous grin towards Ares. “Don’t forget Ares to send one to Aura’s husband, since you tried to steal his woman and made out he was unworthy of her. You seem to forget every god starts weak… including you. A tier 2 technology world should do as an apology .”

With a huff, he walked out. I will warn Aura when she arrives for the meeting since Ares will likely cause trouble.

Shortly after that event, I went to go find Zeus. After informing him of the events with Ares he was extremely angry. Even though I don’t like the man he is one of the Deities who will give a large number of troops during wars with the other factions. “Darling even though I hate him also, he still has his uses. If we get rid of him in the future we will likely lose more of our people.”

[Zeus] “Do you think I care Gaea. That repulsive man is trying to lay hands on my daughter and doesn’t care about my authority in a situation like this.”

“This may be a good learning experience for Aura and Nathan. Why don’t we get them to have a small battle between their worlds after next year’s faction conference? We set Ares with a Tier 2 world with only a 5000CP start-up budget on top of his world. He will be forced to move it to a distant galaxy and if he loses we will seize 20% of his assets. If he wins we will forgive his misconduct.”

[Zeus] “But Nathan and Auras only have a Tier 0 world maybe barely Tier 1 depending on how they managed it. It’s also a fantasy world that has a much slower advancement into space.”

Letting out a small chuckle I looked at Zeus with a playful expression.“Your right they only have a single fantasy world right now, but do you think I would put my daughter at risk. He is giving them a Tier 2 technology world. Knowing Ares it will be run down on the brink of collapse, however, since he isn’t too bright he won’t realize that’s a good thing for our plans.”

[Zeus] While looking at me confused Zeus asks in an upset tone. “Won’t he pick his most advanced tier 2 world that is close to tier 3? Nathan might be talented but he focuses on slower development instead of proceeding through the tiers quickly. So he will be at a big disadvantage especially in terms of experience.”

“Your right, however, this will allow him to gain experience to better protect Aura. If he wins he will be able to gain Ares worlds he attacked with to gain a protective force for his worlds. Since we use wormholes to connect the battles they always start from space. Right now they can attack from above and Nathan and Aura would be defenseless. If you explained to Nathan it would be better to pick a technology world at the beginning it wouldn’t be as much of an issue.”

[Zeus] After letting out a sigh Zeus explains. “Every creator was chosen for a reason. We all have our paths and it would be unfair to possibly change them by me giving them unneeded advice. The default worlds were chosen for a reason. None are inherently better; fantasy worlds may be slower in advancing into space however, they are much better in individual combat power, unlike the technology worlds. You should know this better than anyone Gaea.”

“Yes I do, however, I also know that an enemy that can’t be reached is an enemy you can’t defeat. That’s why I want them to experience the differences between the worlds so they understand that all the world types have advantages and disadvantages.”

[Zeus] “Yes your right Gaea, however it still doesn’t change that Nathan and Aura have little chance to win. Ares is a very experience Creator in the development of worlds and combat, while Nathan has no real experience and Aura only has minimal experience with the development of worlds.”

“Darling you are right they have very little chance of winning, but they will lose nothing apart from a world and some cp. This is a perfect chance to give them some experience and have you forgot what I said about the world they will receive. Ares will give them a rundown world and that will be his undoing. Nathan may be still inexperienced but he has always surprised us, he has always been too kind for his own good. I doubt he will allow the people on that world to suffer and with the right nudge I think he could win this.”

[Zeus]  “What nudge Gaea? If you push the boy too hard you could break him.”

“We tell him if he loses the people in that world will likely die and we will take back Aura until he can be trusted to protect her.”

[Zeus] Feeling the rage oozing from Zeus he speaks in a spiteful voice. ”Even you dare to use our daughter as a tool. I may miss her but he has already proven his self to us. I will not allow even you to mess with the path Aura has chosen.”

While looking sad I continue to explain. “You are wrong. I thought you knew me better than that! It is just to get his blood boiling. If they think they have nothing to lose they may not put their all into it. As long as he can somewhat stand his ground and is not a complete one-sided loss to Ares then she can stay. I honestly believe no matter what he can achieve a victory with this push. You have already seen how far he has gone before to protect her.”

With tears flowing from my eyes I continue. “I love Aura with all my heart that’s why I want her partner to become the best he can be. I wish for him to become a man she can completely rely on. With the world being in a bad state they can develop it however they wish and the people should be accepting if it improves their lives. They should have plenty of time to get their first world stable and start development on their tech world before next year’s conference.”

[Zeus] "Ok, I’m sorry I will trust you. I will tell you this knowing our daughter. If you push Nathan too hard and end up harming him I don't think she will forgive you."

"It’s ok I won't push him to that point. I just want him to try his best to win. I don't think he is such a fragile man to break from something like this."

 

Author Note-

Sorry for not uploading for a while, I was ill and sleeping. The uploads should begin again regularly. For the foreseeable future, I plan to upload less frequently but do larger chapters. So I will aim for 3 chapters a week.

I will explain up tier 4 of the world’s tiers below with some basic principles of the world’s laws underneath the tiers that will be explained later on throughout the story. It should make it a bit easier for people to understand how everything works.

 

World Tiers

Tier 0: Pre-Industrial

Tier 0 is one of the most common and stable states for worlds, with limited weaponry and environmental threats. Races tend to be small and scattered, driven by farming, foraging, or hunter-gathering needs. Technology is limited to mostly simple handmade tools, weapons, or agriculture implements and methods. Energy techniques (Mana, ki, etc.) tend to be basic some simple tier 1 techniques. 

Tier 1: Industrial – Energy Age (Atomic Age in TECH, Mana age, KI age)

Tier 1 is the outset for massive urbanization. Agriculture societies can remain stable in the pre-industrial stage, but with a Tier 1 population strain and mechanized food production invariably create political and economic pressures very few can balance with a tier 0 civilization. This stage tends to have the largest jump in advancement in terms of civilization. Most civilizations improve environmental and medical understanding along with mechanical and transport advancement. Civilizations learn to produce and/or use large amounts of energy. Technology civilizations tend to use atomic while energy-based civilizations tend to use energy (Mana, ki, etc.) generators to power large energy (Mana, ki, etc.)  circuits or tools.

Tier 2: Space Age

Tier 2 is often the final frontier place for the races intelligent enough to break free from their planet’s surface. Most civilization focuses on developing technologies to improve the comfort of their lives. Comfort-focused technology can include medical advances. Fantasy (Cultivation, spirit, etc.) worlds can also begin exploring sub-dimensions due to sub-dimensional monsters' influence. 

Tier 3: Space-Faring

The different races can effectively move to closer solar systems. This is normally a very unstable time that leads to advancement in most technologies due to the harshness of space. The biggest advancements tend to be in Transport, communication, energy production/Shielding, mining, medical, artificial gravity.

Tier 4: Interstellar

The race can perform exceedingly accurate navigation, near-instantaneous interstellar communication, and faster forms of transport (Surpassing the speed of light in some way hypergate for tech worlds, mass teleportation for fantasy worlds.) The races have begun to travel outside of the local star systems and have begun to explore the frontier of space. (Leads to mass colonisations of worlds)

 

 

I will do a complete sheet for this at a later date but these are the important tiers for now. The big difference between a technology world and a fantasy world is some basic technologies won’t work properly in a fantasy world without shielding from the mana. The default world sets the basic principle for that galaxy and any galaxy they explore first.

When creating a new world type e.g. instead of fantasy they choose a technology world it will be made in a new isolated galaxy.

Civilizations all begin to work on the tier above at their current stage. For example, a tier 1 fantasy civilization will begin to research tier 2 magic techniques. They have mastered that tier that’s why they are a tier 1 and worlds work off the highest tier civilization meaning it could be higher than the average on that world.

8