Chapter 23 – New Plan for the future
199 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23 - New Plan for the future

 

 

After arriving back at Zong's display area Spirit and I walked past the ship designs on display. At the end of the long hall was Zong's office. Spirit and I were discussing what the girls could be doing and we chuckled after talking about their personalities. I was shocked to find out how cold Aura was. Aura would shun the others around her because she didn't care about people. She was called an ice queen because of this part of her personality. Spirit told me Aura was apparently depressed due to a situation from her past but Zeus wouldn't tell him what it was over. During one of our pillow talk sessions, Aura had told me she had mainly trained and didn't have many friends.

 

When we walked into the office, Zong was sitting in a large open space waiting on a wooden chair. The office was switched into a massive spacecraft dock. The showroom had mostly display small models of each ship type with information about them, but this new room that appeared had thousands of ships floating inside. Most are larger than the tallest skyscrapers from my previous world. The room itself was a massive metal room with pipes and lights scattered across the walls.

 

I couldn't quite work out what the metal used was since it had a crystal-like pattern across the surface almost like the walls were grown instead of being built. This room was very different compared to the citadel design. While the citadel felt more like an artificial world with plant life and even a proper seasonal cycle this place was far more similar to a stereotypical sci-fi building.

 

"Young Nathan, welcome back. Sorry, I couldn't speak to you during the event. I was sorting out some new contracts with a few of the smaller creators. Please come this way I'll show you to your new satellite."

 

After saying this I felt the space around me warp and twist. Seeing everything flying past us we arrived at a barren area of the room with only a massive satellite.

 

[Zong:] “Here we are Nathan, welcome to the pickup hanger. This is your first time at an advanced space dock isn’t it my lad. Right now, all the products are in low power mode held up by us removing the gravity around the ships. This is higher-tech so you won’t be able to use this type of gravity manipulation until you reach at least the 6th world tier.”

 

[Spirit:] “You're still a showman, after all, old Zong.”

 

Zong: “Haha, you cheeky brat, how could you speak to your teacher that way. Wasn’t it me who got you to stop being a lazy prince and actually use your own hands to do things? I was the one who taught you to build your first ship and even construct your first mansion.”

 

[Spirit:] “You still call me a brat after all these years even though I am a far better craftsman than you now. Wohahaha”

 

After hearing their brief conversation, I couldn't help but chuckle. I noticed most people Aura liked while she was still living with her father seemed to be quite warm-hearted people. I wonder if Aura was influenced by her family to be silly or was it the other way round?

 

After those two went back and forth for a few minutes I butted in so we could continue our conversation.

 

[Nathan:] “Zong what type of metal are the walls made out of?”

 

[Zong:] “Oh yeah sorry about that lad, the walls are made out of Celestial steel. As you can tell it is created similar to growing crystals. When celestials live on a planet for a long time it starts to form crystals by absorbing their released energy and absorbing nearby metals to form an alloy. In this case, we used a special method to make them form in a way we wished but the method is a trade secret. ”

 

[Nathan:] “That's pretty amazing, I have some celestials living on an island will the alloys begin to form now?”

 

[Zong:] “Yes they will do, however since I assume you manually ascended your celestials it will take a long while to do so. I can’t give you exact times but probably around 1000 years at the least. Should we go take a tour of your new military satellite? I have left a gift inside for you after Gaia told me of the happy news of you becoming a father.”

 

[Spirit:] “Old man this is bull when I became a father you gave my wife and child a gift and told me my gift was having a loving family.”

 

[Zong:] “hehe, was a wrong? I gave you the gift of having a family since you wouldn’t have gotten married to Luna if you were still a lazy prince. She wouldn’t even look your way and I even told her how much of a good man you were.”

 

[Spirit:] “You told her that I was a lazy prince who cries over everything and she should keep away from your useless student because I had a crush on her.”

 

[Zong:] “I wasn’t lying, was I? Didn’t you work harder after that and you somehow caught her eye in the end.”

 

I let out a sigh as I followed them to the platform that took us into the main hanger while I felt like a third wheel. Inside was a very large room that was able to easily hold several of the Flagship class motherships I had been building. It was pretty amazing to know this satellite could be used as a military base right away.

 

After having my fill of looking around the room Zong addressed me with a proud tone. “For your gift, I have given you some of my apprentice researchers. Their knowledge only goes to around tier 3 but it should be a good starting point to create your own research division in your divine realm. They are all demi-angels so they all have a long lifespan.”

 

Looking at Zong I was confused, using the knowledge in my head I know celestials and angels are the same sorts of existence. A being that has reached an in-between state of divine and mortal. This normally grants them immortality, but they tend to have several issues due to being neither mortal nor deity. I had never heard of a demi angel before. “Zong, what is a demi angel, how are they different from an average celestial race?”

 

With a pondering expression, he spoke in an understanding tone. “I always forget that you are new. The information in your head is just a rough outline and the information could be wrong or twisted in certain situations. Demi-angels are a race that can't quite be called mortal nor a celestial race. It's very uncommon. Its normally caused by a mortal race that has close ties with a celestial race interbreeding over a long period. Normally the child born between the union will match one of the parent's races however, sometimes a mutation happens. Angel has a child with a human, said child appears like an angel but has a mortal lifespan with many weakened angel abilities.”

 

“So you're telling me they are defective angels? Angels, that are partially mortals?”

 

With a mischievous smile, Spirit spoke for Zong. “You cant call them defective Lil bro. The old man has given you a low-key method of getting a highly wanted celestial race. Some of the rules restrict how much help a high-ranked creator is allowed to give a lower creator. For example, we'll get away with selling you technology since you are buying them for a fair price. If your highest level world was tier 1 and we gave you all the knowledge up to tier 7 we would get punished since it would affect your future growth.”

 

After hearing Spirits words I had to ask a stupid question. “Haven’t you all been helping me so far anyway. This satellite has technology above the level I can use. Wouldn't that lead to Zong getting punished?”

 

Zong spoke up with a smile. “Nope that is fine, firstly you have bought the design, and secondly this satellite may be pretty advanced compared to your world but the first four world tiers are the easiest to move up in. After that, it takes far longer to move up the ranks. That’s why most creators stall at being a mid-ranked creators since they struggle to keep a civilization above the 5th or 6th tier. Unless your civilization has a strong foundation, it will be impossible for it to surpass the 4th tier.”

 

“Is that why you are giving me the demi-angels Zong, to help me build a stable foundation? Also Spirit what do you mean by a highly sought after celestial race?”

 

“Lil bro he is basically giving you a race that has a strong culture. If you grant them a world or a place in your divine realm the demi-celestials will eventually ascend to a full celestial if you nurture them correctly. It's similar to how mortal races can ascend to a higher race. Humans for example could become high humans or elves into high elves. With the demi-angels, it would be far easier since they are at the border of mortality. The demi-angels were a project Father and Zong worked on together using creation energy and not the system. Many people had wished to purchase this version of the angel race since Zeus had helped create them. The races father creates always has something special about them.”

 

“So you're telling me Zong gave me a valuable gift that most new creators would want? Doesn’t that mean he has helped far too much? Wouldn’t the other high creators get angry over this?”

 

With a small chuckle, Zong spoke. “Actually you would normally be right, however, you’re a special case. Firstly Nathan they are still a mortal race so Zeus wouldn’t be able to punish me, but normally the other creators would not stay silent since I deliberately used a loophole on Zeus's rules. Luckily for me, you’re a person who has married into Zeus's family. Zeus would normally give a few guards or something along those lines to protect and serve his daughters. With you, I'm not quite sure why he did not but I assume Zeus has his reasons. I would just say I wanted to make sure the princess had appropriate servants under her. In the eyes of the other creators, these angels would be Aura's direct subordinates. I had spoken to Gaia already and she told me there would be no problems with this.”

 

After a while of us going back and forth, we went to the control room so I could view the layout of the satellite.

 

Zong explained to me that this floating military base had seven large hangers and twenty fighter hangers that could hold thousands of small fighter class ships in each of them. It has repair technology installed into the hangers however, for any ships that got destroyed they would have to be replaced by a factory that produces them. This station has no ship manufacturing capabilities. It had a large living area and even a small shopping area for the personnel on board. The satellite was like a long cone and split into 95 sections that are modular meaning easy replacement of any damaged or outdated facilities. The biggest downside is its low movement speed. It's designed to be built and left in an area however, Spirit recommended I could transport it by moving it into my divine realm and placing it where ever I needed it. Since I would be using it mainly for research at the moment I didn’t plan to use it in the battle with Ares in case it was destroyed.

 

I plan to build a tier 3 version from the blueprints I received. Since I cannot recreate a lot of the technology above this I would have to keep this satellite safe for now. Even though the Ragnarok system is still only a tier 2 world it should be possible to move it up to a high tier 3 world before the battle with Ares. I will have to do some heavy reforms if I won the contest to make sure the civilizations stop relying on the divine in the future. I plan to create a much more comfortable living area for the angels in my divine realm. Spirit offered to create a design that could integrate the satellite into the design since It would be used for a long time. I accepted the offer since he told me it was a gift for his brother-in-law as I would become a dad soon.

 

After introducing myself to the angels that had been placed in leadership roles I was surprised to see nearly 70% of the crew were female. Around a quarter of the women were meant as servants to us and wouldn’t be counted as part of the main breeding program Zong apparently set up since it could cause issues if one of their partners were ambitious. They could try causing factions inside my pantheon and Zong apparently had a very frugal selection process for these young women. He wouldn’t tell me what the requirements were though. Zong gave me just over two thousand demi-angels which were all married except the servants that would serve under us directly. There would be a comfortable amount of angels for future generations.

 

The researchers had a bunch of fundamental knowledge which would be good for building a new research organization. They only know the process of creating a limited number of basic tier 3 technologies that would be useful in their research. He didn’t want me to get lazy so he picked highly intelligent people from his demi angel race that lacked experience and had not completed their full education in his world. They would be similar to a high school student, who has the basics down but would need further education to be used properly.

 

We had moved to my office inside the satellite to talk about important facilities I would have to create for my new race. Feeling overwhelmed since I still had work to do with other races in my world I decided on a plan inside my head.

 

Firstly defeat the demon lord while the girls finish off preparations in the Ragnarok system for the battle with Ares. I would fast forward the world I'm on while I am fighting the demon lord so it shouldn’t take longer than a few days.

 

My second goal is to defeat Ares in the battle to prove to Zeus I can protect Aura. I want to make sure the worlds in the Ragnarök system are all tier 3 before I fight with Ares and make sure I could use a higher-ranked tier 3 weapons before it begins.

 

My third goal would be to stabilize the Ragnarök system if I beat Ares. If I don’t I will have to try to stop Zeus from taking aura by proving I provided a good fight against Ares.

 

Lastly would be to create or assign a god for each of my races. To get them to stabilize each of their civilizations. I will probably pause the humans and elves so the other races can catch up to them since they have developed far more than the others.

 

After some encouraging words from Zong, I noticed Spirit had taken a seat on a spare desk in my office. He was speaking to Elise the head of all the Demi-angels and she is my new head servant that would come to our divine realm to serve us. They were discussing the angel's new living areas and some sort of facilities we would need. Apparently, she had been trained far more than the others but Zong kept denying it with a big grin. While feeling a conspiracy Zong told us he had received news from Athena that the girls would be heading to Spirits realm for the night and I should head back. Knowing Zong wouldn’t lie about such a matter he sent a request to transport the satellite to my realm after he left us.

 

With Spirit, me, and my new angels we went through the portal created before hearing some surprising words in a melancholic tone from Elise. “Goodbye, father.”

 

Author note:

The four-goal stages Nathan was talking about will be the layout for the future chapters. The next 20ish chapters will be fighting the demon lord with each being around 2000 words.

The next 20ish chapters will be fighting Ares in a large space battle and stabilizing the Ragnarök system.

The last section will be around 10 chapters showing the gods stabilizing their races. Should start seeing a lot of backstories and characteristics of each race. Especially the mermaids!!

I have a rough plan and I have started writing the demon lord ark. That’s why some of my chapters have been a bit late since I wanted to make sure I didn’t have to change anything before uploading. The demon lord Ark will be pretty good since you will see how Nathan experiences the death of actual people he knows and has worked with throughout his journey. You should see him grow as a person as he is forced to realize the harshness of his own world.

 

5