23 – Awkward reunion
4.5k 15 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tapped my staff twice and 5 small water orbs formed around me. Don't be mistaken. They may be small, but they are no different from water jet cutters because of the condensed pressure in them.

"Watch out, here comes my arrow! Pierce all… Megiddo!"

Yondu would be proud of me. Just like remote control arrows, the small orbs started piercing every demon I had my eyes on. Either straight through the heart, or like in the skeleton guys' case, straight through the head crushing the skull in the process. I waved my finger left and right, up and down, and hummed a happy song. Armor also meant nothing and most didn't even get the chance to scream.

After 3 minutes, I clenched my fist and the 5 orbs returned above my head.

"I think that should be all of them."

Lina and Shera both clapped for me, but the frost wolves were… how should I say… frozen in place. I look at them and I can picture a tumbleweed between us. That's how stupid their faces look. 

"No way… am I hallucinating?"

I don't get why they're so surprised. If this place had higher level demons, this trick wouldn't work, but everyone here was small fry. Honestly, the frost wolves could have beaten these guys with ease.

"Hey… just… what are you?"

"I'm a cute loli."

The girls took a step backwards. Their fur stood up. It's as if they were scared of me. But Rena found the courage to take a step forward.

"You… won't hurt us, right?"

"Didn't I already say I'm here to free you? I have no reason to hurt you. I'll take you back home. In exchange, let me mofu mofu you later."

"Mofu mofu? I don't know what that means, but… okay. As the chief's daughter, you have my word."

"Sweet. One more thing. Mom, can you crush that bridge just to be safe?"

"Sure, sweetie."

One swing from mom's giant hammer was all it took to make the unfinished bridge crumble. And now that everyone has calmed down, we can head back to the village. This is place is too depressing for my taste.

------

When we returned to the town, most frost wolves froze in place. They couldn't believe their eyes. Their loved ones finally returned after so much time. Some didn't even dare to take a step forward. If this was an illusion, they wanted to believe in it. But eventually the one that made the first move was…

"Rena-chan!!!!"

The chief. He ran straight towards us.

"You're safe!! I'm so glad! Give papa a big kiss!"

Aww, this is so sweet. I like reunions. Makes my heart all fuzzy. The chief spread his arms wide and puckered his lips. His scary personality melted in a second. However… Rena reacted in a complete different way. A vein popped up on her forehead. She dodged the hug, made her father trip and drove her fist into his head, making him become one with the snow.

"The fuck is wrong with you, pervert old geezer!!"

She then started stepping on his back. Err… is this the norm for these guys? I turned my head around and saw that this wasn't the only case. The other women started scratching, biting or simply beating the males.

"Geez, how senile can you get? How hard could it have been to organize a rescue party? If mom would be still around, she would probably castrate you!"

"Ahh!! Rena, it really is you. My sweet girl is… ouch... back!! Step on papa as much as you want!!"

At those words she kicked him in the stomach and sent him rolling into a tree.

"Just stay away from me, you creep!"

I was lost. I'm not even sure what to do in this scenario. Should I stop them? Thankfully I didn't have to step in. 

"That's enough everyone."

The elder granny from earlier raised her voice. At her call, everyone composed themselves.

"Young miss, is this by any chance your doing?"

"Mhm! Bingo. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty to free everyone."

"Of course we are grateful, but if the demons might attack us with full force then…"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about the demons. I killed every last one them. We also broke the bridge so you should have no more worries."

"Eeh!?"

The old granny was surprised and suspicious. But Rena and the other girls confirmed it. They couldn't believe their eyes but it was true that I killed everyone.

"Well… if that's the case, there is only one thing to do. Let's prepare a celebration! Treat the wounded and take care of our guests. By bringing our loved ones back you more than gained our trust! Don't you agree, Spyros?"

The chief got up back on his feet.

"Ahem… yes. We owe you a lot. If there's anything you desire, please ask."

"Before any stuff like that, shouldn't you treat the injured. Many of them have scars and bruises. I can also help you guys with that. And I do agree a feast is necessary, but not for me specifically. Your own people need to be fed properly. Until then, can you please provide me a room? Your daughter made me a promise. I want to mofu mofu her right away!"

"Mofu mofu? What the hell is that? If you are trying to do anything strange to her, I swear that I will… Awoooouch!!"

Rena violently bit his tail.

"Shut up already! I have my pride too. I made a promise and I intend to keep it. So just get a room ready before I throw you off a cliff! Geez, why did mom fall for a screw up like you? This girl over here knows how to prioritize stuff better than you. Males are just idiots after all."

Kek. They do have an interesting relationship. I guess this is how wolves show affection. I couldn't help notice that Rena is wagging her tail. She might spit lots of verbal abuse, but I think she's actually happy that her father is worried about her. Anyway, this is gonna be fun... finally time to claim to my reward, hehe. I can't wait to see if how Rena's fur compares to Lina. Let's not waste any more time and tame this puppy. I always wanted a dog, so now is the best time to try one out.

152