Chapter 24: Scoping out the future
1.1k 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heyo~

Are you guys ready for some violence?

Good, it'll be forwarded to you next week, heh~!

Please support my patreon where you can read a novel's pre-released chapters for only £2.50 (deals are available for those interested in multiple novels) a month!

Anyways, enjoy~♥

As Violet peered over the tree tops it wasn’t very hard to see where the cultivators were making their bases. They always had a fire going for some reason or another so large pillars of smoke broke through the canopy. From what she could see there were far more than their findings yesterday would suggest so a thought went through her mind; they had spent a lot on this attack.

Indeed they had.

After hearing the war cry yesterday the cultivators couldn’t sleep so instead spent their time doing something quite surprising and especially costly. They made use of their combined resources to produce many temporary extremely long distance teleportation formations which allowed a lot of sects from other continents to make use. This resulted in those sects being able to send their ‘reinforcements’ far before they were planned.

These sects then quickly set up their camps further into the forest as if competing for who could be the closest to the village. Though in actual time to travel through the forest they were still very far away but this wasn’t a distance that would prove difficult for Violet to cover; they weren’t even as far into the forest as those kids from earlier was.

Of course, the ‘anti-oni alliance’ made those sects from other continents pay a price, but they had the idea that it would be recouped when they made the assault on the Oni. The sects who set up the formations also believed this… Truthfully if they were successful they would certainly gain more than they lost. Even if they hardly made note of what they had, the Oni were loaded as a people though it could be said it was because they lived in such a hard place to live.

Well if you were a cultivator it was.

She was certain at this point that the alliance had decided to use a massive amount of weaklings to try to cut down on the power of the Oni. Unlike the Oni they would slowly die just by being in the forest since they couldn’t absorb qi from the surroundings - hence the name having ‘mortality’ in it. Those old cultivators wouldn’t risk such a terrifying situation as they prioritised themselves too much.

Unless you were in the mythical Immortal realm it would eventually make you into a mortal - cultivators needed qi like they needed food & water. If they didn’t get any they would begin to atrophy after a while. For a cultivator that meant they would regress in their all important cultivation which meant their lifespan would literally be shaved away. This was why no prior moves had been made on the Oni all this time… Two Realm Rank treasures just happened to be more than enough to push their desire over their fear.

Body cultivators could last longer and were unlikely to regress as quickly while those who were young (thus usually low in ranK or genius) didn’t have as much to fear. So what if they lost 100 years of life span due to regression when they hadn’t even lived 50? For an elder it may just mean they are instantly keel over though.

This, along with this being their usual strategy between each other, made Violet quite sure this would be the plan they were going to use. It also explained why they invited so many other smaller sects which wouldn’t help with the truly strong Oni. Not to mention they seemed to make no move to even support or lead those sects despite likely having fronted most the costs for them. To put it nicely they were the first wave - Violet preferred to say it as it were.

They were fodder that would be sacrificed to take out weaker Oni while the initial alliance members swoop in after the numbers on the battlefield have been greatly reduced. From there they would focus on taking down any remaining Oni. The only part where this changed from usual cultivation fanfare would be that they would plan to eradicate the Oni - even if they were an ‘evil’ sect it would be likely that the alliance wouldn’t push as much.

Then again, completely wiping out an evil or demonic sect wasn’t productive in the long run since the only way to remain ‘just’ was to have injustice.

If they were just another sect the alliance would probably bring up peace talks or silently ignore some remnants after the main bulk of their members were killed. Violet doubted this would be the case with them however - they were a race that was difficult to deal with. It would be more likely for some of the younger ones to be rounded up by the strong sects. From that point they would treat them as a servant clan.

Although at first they may resist there was no doubt the cultivators had their ways to make them loyal; whether forcefully or slowly over many generations. Of course, that was if their plans succeeded. With Violet here overlooking them setting up camps it would be greatly difficult.

When she had finally reached the apex of her jump and was about to fall down again a familiar body figure appeared right beside her. The air under began to oscillate slower to form a solid barrier which caught the two of them - it was as if they were on a literal cloud which Violet found amusing so let out a clap. But as the woman took off her bamboo hat and saluted Violet she frowned.

Why had Slate dyed her hair and also slept with her mommy when she was away? She could smell the same scent from the women her mother had played with all over this quartz haired Slate. It wasn’t that she minded sharing with her family but she was supposed to have Slate’s first time; nobody else!

Because of that she kicked the shin of this other Slate - though since she was soft on her own girls she didn’t do it too hard. It was easy to do since the girl was in the usual salute the shadow guard did. It was a bit surprising that Slate didn’t end up flying away or crying like she would normally do… She then realised that the girl in front of her had a different type of blood covering her eye than Slate did. If she had to guess it would be the blood from an Ascendent Realm Wyvern which was quite the impressive feat. Something that tough with such strong dragon blood could potentially wipe out a great sect.

“Bad Slate - dying hair is against tradition.” <Violet>

“Violet Ojou-sama you don’t actually think I’-” <Quartz>

“Also slept with mommy.” <Violet>

“...” <Quartz>

Violet had very good senses.

The poor Quartz who was being played with looked aside while blushing softly. Although it was fairly public knowledge amongst the elders that she had been treated like a toy by the Matriarch over the recent years. It was much more embarrassing for that to be the conversation topic in front of your ojou-sama upon your first time meeting.

She had heard a lot about Violet over the years since she was in charge of all Shadow Guards (thus had trained from Ashue to Qin). Her loyalty also meant she looked a lot into each member of {Little Hannya Family} with Violet being the youngest and ‘most impressive’ she of course fell under Quartz raydar. She was just unfortunate to not have the honour of meeting this little Ojou-sama till today…

And unfortunately just after waking up from being violated brutally by the matriarch - with that in mind she decided to put her hat back on.

“I am the Shadow Mentor of the {Little Hannya Family} as well as Slate’s mother. I haven’t had the honour of working under Violet-sama yet - however due to… Your mother’s activities last night made it so I have managed to find the chance to receive your direct guidance. There is also elder Alabaster but she is currently waiting in reserve with our remaining troops.” <Quartz>

Violet couldn’t help but giggle at Quartz, she was obviously fucked unconcious therefore didn’t have the chance to drink herself stupid like the other elders. That was probably what happened to Alabaster as well since Oni never missed out on alcohol as the only thing close to their love of war. Many tales talked about an Oni going on a rampage due to rage only to be quelled by a good brew. As proper a lady as she may appear or as strong as she may be it didn’t change the facts in Violet’s mind ; this lady was a VERY well used sex toy of her mothers.

Though how could she blame her mommy since she planned to do the same to the daughter? Perhaps her mother may even share in the future…

“I also received a report that your sister shall arrive soon - that being Onyx.” <Quartz>

Violet nodded softly while gazing over the smoke rising in the distance… It seems it was finally time to have some fun.

23