Chapter 34: Sending out the soldiers
919 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heyo~

Not got much to say about this chapter sorry. Next week is the start of a multi-part piece of writing though that doesn’t mean they’ll be shorter… If I remember correctly, each chapter is about 5k words!

Please support my patreon where you can get a novel's pre-released chapters for only £2.50 as well as 2 chapters per-week - your support is needed!

Anyways, enjoy~♥

The infamous {Asura Elders} and {Female Executives} stood in front of the three ‘royals’.

Both Ebony as well as Onyx slowly looked upon the crowd who all proudly had received their assignments (courtesy of Violet’s work last night). Currently they all gathered in front of the trio to get the order to head off. When they all return back to the village it’ll be as victors which is why the tension was high. Though that was mostly due to their excitement at presenting themselves to the world more than any nerves the newer members may feel.

At the forefront of the group was the {Shadow Master - Quartz} herself. She may be no Ebony but when it came to the work of a shadow guard there was no one better in the Yakuza unless you counted the demonic minions of the Ojou-sama. As one could imagine the literal {Demonic God of Childish Sins} - the strongest spider - was very competent. Losing out to only those within the Toppler Ranks certainly wasn’t something to be ashamed of!

As for why Ebony & Onyx stood while Violet didn’t… That was because Ebony currently had her arms wrapped around the girls waist. Her mommy was holding her tightly like a doll meaning her feet were left dangling but the little mistress didn’t particularly seem to mind. Hard to tell what she was thinking though since even if she didn’t have that veil over her face she only changed expressions sparsely. Still changed expressions more than her older sister Sohn-Tochter did!

Also maybe more than Jeeves did? Kind of hard to judge him though since sometimes he’ll never change expressions in a lifetime then become more expressive than a child. Maybe it was simply that the inconsistency was what was ‘normal’ for him.

Either way Violet acted very doll-like with her own arms draped over her mommy’s while just letting gravity be the guide for her limbs. She also looked over all the people in front of her since she had a passing interest in those she’d only known about from reports. Yet, it was just that, a passing interest. After glancing over the batch of elders once she gazed off to the side where she saw a frog hopping around - tilting her head gently while tracing it’s hops with her head.

“Today is the day you each head out to do your jobs; do them well. That is all there is to this as, in truth, I think it’s generous to call this a war. This isn’t a war in the eyes of me nor my daughters since a war indicates we have an enemy; there is nobody worth being our enemy on the other side. No, this will be self-inflicted genocide from the foolish mortals and we’re just the fortunate bunch they turned to. So, what are you waiting for?” <Ebony>

With that the elders let out another roar (though lesser than the prior one) in response to this speech while Ebony just held a dismissive smile on her face.

“You all should be happy. I’m sure you must all think my family are slave drivers making you work so hard yet these mortals are finally giving you a vacation in return for their deaths. Go out and display your thanks to them!” <Ebony>

“Also if there are any pretty ones make sure to capture them to give the mortals a taste of their own medicine~! They think us as nothing but ingredients for their cultivation or toys for their sexual relief. So be it then. As their gracious hosts, who are we to refuse giving them a belly full of the ingredients required to make an oni? They’ll never forget a night of Oni hospitality hahaha~!” <Onyx>

The crowd either roared with enlightenment this time as their leaders filled them in with the benefits provided by their guests. Ebony was straight forward enough - just like her personality - so it was easy enough to get behind her obvious taunting of their enemy. As for Onyx’ message, although the Yakuza weren’t known to be the smartest, these elders were all experienced enough to understand Onyx implications. Indeed, why would they refuse such an enticing chance to increase their own numbers?

There was still one more ‘royal’ though so all eyes soon turned to the distracted Violet who was just watching the froggy leap up onto a leaf causing her head to lift up fully before dropping once again. Every single time it leapt from leaf to leaf her head would follow it by lifting up and as it fell she would lower her head. This went on for quite some time with everyone just silently watching their Ojou-sama peacefully watching the frog.

The elders looked between each other and as if they had figured something out together they slightly lifted their fists up while letting out a far quieter roar to not disturb her.

After doing that all the different elders ran out of camp where they met up with their own subordinates where they then did their own little speeches. Though that wasn’t the majority of elders and of the percentage left it was mostly the non-Oni leaders. Some would of course just order their subordinates to head out (which was actually most since Oni weren’t exactly great with words) while those that did likely borrowed more than a few words from what they just heard.

“Now what…” <Onyx>

Onyx herself wasn’t quite sure what to do since she was going to fill more of a rear support role for the camp they were currently in. Yet, today they likely wouldn’t begin their push since they needed those elders that just went out to actually arrive at their own camps. From there they needed to evaluate the damage done to their forwarding base while delegating manpower before they would head out. And, from what she knew about her little sister in the short time they’ve met, there would be a lot of delegating of manpower in the camps she visited.

Not that this was a bad thing for the Oni; it allowed the fools to prepare themselves.

Then again that usually wouldn’t be considered a good thing would it? Well the Oni truly believed what Ebony did. The mortals didn’t stand a fucking chance so they may as well give them some time so the fools could actually prepare something (or rather anything) to try to last even a few days more. On top of that, if they trashed them too hard they may send the fools into a full blown retreat which would be boring!

There was a reason why her bloodshed fueled little sister didn’t just go wild as soon as she was given the chance. Even she couldn’t do much if they chose to run away before she approached them. They may have win the war if the fools ran away but where was the fun in that!

“Hm, I suppose we shouldn’t waste this time, however, is there anything to really do? I want to go shopping with Violet to dress her up some more yet we have no shops…” <Ebony>

Like all royal class families of their race their troubles were of questionable importance.

“We could always go ahead and scout - avoid any settlements with my sensory spells yet take out the stragglers. Would make it so we wouldn’t spook while but could perhaps do a mortal and actually capture them for our own purposes? It would be pretty funny to do the exact same thing they did to us and see their reaction to it with a summon~!” <Onyx>

“That would be pretty funny… What do you think, Violet?” <Ebony>

“Grrrraaa~!” <Violet>

Looking up from the froggy, who was stealthy dragged behind a tree from a jealous hamster as soon as her eyes left it, Violet tilted her head fully backwards to look up at her mommy who was also looking back down at her. Ebony nodded her head in confidence then looked back at her older daughter with a hungry smile. The amusement of what they were about to do.

“We will also be roasting the ones you don’t want so we’ll make it our first proper family trip with our whole family~!” <Ebony>

“... You are still forgetting Black.” <Onyx>

“Full family trip minus Black then!” <Ebony>


With that decided Onyx of course wouldn’t mention her other sister so just smiled while nodding to her mothers endless wisdom. 

18