Chapter 95: The Blessing of Life
482 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite being quite dismissive of the archangel flying in the sky… Vibrant could not help slowly forming a grin on her face; turning her face toward that glowing light in the sky as those wing-like array of swords slowly expanded out as if to challenge the archaic monster. That angel turned towards her (even if it didn’t seem to have eyes under the “glass” shards & golden “blood” which formed his body).

In response she let out her aura -  slowly walking forward - pushing the unsuspecting Xiuzi down with a wiper while everyone else was made to take a step backward. And, as if to respond in kind, the angel also released their own aura. Causing the light to increase in intensity as it floated toward them.

“Found you, oni…” <Archangel of Life>

The sheer bloodthirst behind those three words caused everyone to shiver (that barrier only able to barely make it possible to resist). Well, that was the case for everyone else, Vibrant only had her grin grow to one that those within {Orchid} all remembered very clearly.

A smile their ojou-sama gives before a battle.

There was no better “welcome back into the {Mortal Realm}” than to meet an old “friend” who seemed very eager to greet her back. That familiar groaning from the ‘lively noble’ soon became a symphony as countless other Blessed began to approach. Pouring through every entrance they could find yet Vibrant did not so much as glance at them. Her gaze firmly on the angel as she stepped forward & past the barrier that was keeping that ‘attack’ at bay.

“W-wait if you step outside-” <>

“A tadpole should not worry for the dragon.” <Vibrant>

Stepping out meant she was washed with that “healing” light; however it did absolutely nothing; there was no way that the archangel would consider blessing her in the first place.

Even if she really needed such help.

Those reanimated mortals dashed towards her with power which far exceeded what even a nascent soul cultivator could achieve - easily being as strong as those of the {Alloy Body Sect}. The walls around the compound soon crumbled as the swarm of ‘zombies’ charged towards her in various different shapes.

If the angel was anything; he was efficient. A wide range of creative units which included towering big brutes that were covered in bone-tumours like some kind of armour, nimble creatures that used their clawed limbs to throw themselves forward at great speeds & everything inbetween. There were even some which seemed to have evolved into a form that allowed them to cloak themselves using some kind of purple moss.

Obviously it was the slender entities, that focused on speed, which arrived first. She didn’t even raise a single finger to attack them - those swords on her back fanning out like guided arrows that struck their targets expertly in their various pressure points. There was no way to kill these entities but she also did not need to kill them even if they were quite troubling to deal with.

This accurate assault caused the bodies of those inhumane monsters to tense up midair - in response she hopped up to use their bodies as stepping stones.

Hopping from body to body as she made her way through the crowd. A being with a slender body but beefy arms attempted to punch a hole through her. Nevertheless, she used her expert control to weave around the bloated first before one of her swords cut right through it, fishing it with quick prods.

Making her way through the crowd of glowing mutants, dropping each one using expert thrusts of her floating blades, swerving through all manner of attacks from them. They had everything from gigantic clubs of tumorous bone to some kind of “acid spit" using. The attacks from the mutant monsters quickly resulted in the courtyard resembling nothing like its former self.

Even the weaker creatures easily possessed the strength to level entire blocks - making this wave enough to make even the oni (never mention orthodox alliance) become overwhelmed. It could be argued to be a strong enough force to possibly defeat the {Asura Elders} if they didn’t have Ruby to help out.

Despite that, even receiving a few scratches on her clothing, the golden hair oni never stopped her graceful dance with the undying.

Not releasing any of her sword aura nor lifting her arms from their sleeves.

Those within the barrier could only watch in awe at the beautiful performance she was giving them; there was even the sound of ‘clapping’ from above. Although… It was hard to call it clapping when it sounded more like someone pulling a blade across a plane of glass. Not a surprising fact when it came from the archangel who floated down on their abstractly beautiful wings.

The people who were stuck watching behind the barrier could only shudder, a reaction that those blessed mirrored with vigour,  leading to only the two angelic entities remaining in the precinct. Vibrant had her swords return to her back as she began to float up to meet face to face with that archangel. A silence prevailed as they no one else dared speak up; a silent pressure pushed down on everyone who peered in on them.

“It is hard not to find oneself with the words to quite describe your talent.” <Archangel of Life>

“I had heard you went insane with Alice in charge, old man, but I never expected you to fall to the point of using mortals like experimental materials… Do you think your original master would approve? She may be the rightful heir however that does not equate to being a competent one.” <Vibrant>

Shards across the archangel’s body floating out, trembling and then slamming back into place. What that actually meant was beyond anyone - at the very least it showed that the entity had some kind of reaction to the words of the oni. Their voice held an eerily familiar kindness for those of Orchid which resulted in them all being unsettled & trying to remember where it came from.

“You misunderstand what I have done; all I have done is sped up the evolution of mortal-kind into a direction which is most… Productive. With both demonic & evil forces banging on the walls which divide our peaceful realm, it only makes sense for me to use my position to grant them a portion of my power as the archangel of Mother, I cannot remain passive anymore. Just look at what I have accomplished in the little time I have used - each of these mortals now tower above the average demon!” <Archangel of Life> 

“What about their wishes-” <Vibrant>
“-free will is something which will only get in the way of progress - a disease that is left over from the failure of a god that is {Atlas the Primordial Titan God of Adjudication}.” <Archangel of Life>

The coldness beneath the archangel’s voice caused the spectators to all shiver; one in particular could not help raise a terrifying question.

“I… Thought angels were meant to be the purest representation of a gods divine will?” <Qin>

Hearing that made the two angelic entities pause for a moment, turning away from one another, looking toward the greyhound-kin. Slate could only look toward the idiot of a girl for bringing attention to them however thankfully nothing serious came from that. A disgusted smirk did appear on Vibrant’s face as she turned back to the being flying in front of her.

“That is indeed what an angel is; they are literally formed from the will if they are not a being that existed before inheriting it…” <Vibrant>

“But if that Archangel is of Mother…” <Slate>

Slate couldn’t help slowly turn toward the archangel with a look of realisation - sheer terror appeared upon her face. Even the usually slow & simple Ashue couldn’t help growing. If what they all thought was true then that would mean…

“Indeed, welcome to the true face of {The Infinite Mother}, master manipulator and a being who would not so much as blink as she cut down her father should it mean sustaining the {Mortal Realm}!” <Vibrant>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Time to get to work~.” <Mother>

Deep within the {Forest of Mortality}; the seven foot figure of Mother used a cloth to wipe the blood from her slender hand. In front of her were the headless corpses of various shadow guards with the only survivor remaining being the mother of Slate. Her eyes glaring into those of the being in front of her with a primal rage that could develop the world in flames if they were released.

Even she was hardly in a good position as her severed right arm lay a few metres away while the only reason she managed to stay standing was the tree she rested against.

“I can’t believe it… Why would you betray us Ruby-sama!” <Quartz>

Although she was usually quite the quiet person, strange for an oni, how could she remain calm when staring at the killer of the brave warriors she had raised personally. She knew they were always in potential danger however she never wanted them to die like this. Against an ally as well as someone who they should be serving instead.

Her voice still held some modicum of begging - wishing that there was some explanation that Ruby could give her. An explanation which would allow for them to at least have a meaningful death. That would never happen though… As she was currently shouting to thin air.

At least that was the case to Mother who was on the side; kind smile on her face as usual as she had some magma form in her hand.

Burning the bloodied cloth before she began to readjust her clothes to be as flawless as always, all the while Quartz didn’t so much as react, still glaring at someone who wasn’t there. For her the scene was quite different though. A familiar voice filled her ears with words that brought enraged tears into her usually emotionless eyes that reflected the cruel smirk which didn’t exist.

“Because I am the rightful leader; if it wasn’t for Violet I would have been able to be acknowledged as the last remaining child of father but I would never be accepted as leader with her around. Not to mention she was super strong with the support of her older siblings from that god damn bird loving human. Now that she has made herself weak again…” <’Ruby’>

Having finished readjusting her clothing - mother stepped forward which caused both the ‘Ruby’ in addition to Quartz turning toward her.

“I think that is quite enough…” <Mother>

“Dammit!” <’Ruby’>

Her smile turned to one of gentle disappointment as she moved a hand to rest on her [Kindness] yet the red haired oni was having none of it. Grinding her teeth before throwing a smoke bomb onto the floor. By the time the smoke cleared; she was already long gone. Mother didn’t focus on that as she slowly walked up to help the injured Quarts without worry about getting blood on herself.

“Let’s get you back… I think it’s best if your mistress hears about this and we can come back for the bodies of your precious comrades with help…” <Mother>

An obvious sadness inside her voice.

“Y-yes… Thank you for your help; we will never forget this.” <Quartz>

That iconic kind smile formed on her face as that sweet voice echoed throughout the quiet forest.

“I am sure you will.” <Mother>

7