Chapter 45 – Leaned into
433 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

"That's everything about Vivi that I know, I hope it's enough to help you find her before Wapol returns to drum island."

"I'll call you again as soon as we find something on her. We will be arriving in Alabasta tomorrow and hopefully won't have to go to that other island."

After those words were spoken the den-den mushi fell asleep in my hand. 'I also hope you don't have to, it's not fair if you three get to have all the fun while I'm stuck here waiting for gluttony to return.'

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as a voice entered my ears. "What's with that look on your face?"

As I leaned into Robin's embrace I couldn't help but sigh. "It's soooooo boring here, the only thing I look forward to every day is waking to find you next to me or falling asleep in your arms at night."

"I don't know how you can say something so romantic in such a monotone voice." Although she chided me I could feel her tighten her hold around me.

'I guess she's still too shy to bluntly say something like that, Oh well. I'm sure she'll say it whe-.'

"Those are also the parts of the day I look forward to the most."

"I think I'm imagining things, did you just say something?"

Just as suddenly as she had wrapped her arms around my waist she let go. Turning to face her to find out what happened I found she now had her arms crossed over her chest as she looked away from me.

'Cute.' The more I looked at Robin act like this the more I could feel my lips raise.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to hear you say that again." Before Robin could fully look back at me I appeared behind her, reversing our previous positions.

"But it doesn't matter if you don't say it, I know how you feel." As I finished my words I started to nibble on her earlobe.

"You act like I can't say anything romantic."

Not responding to her I continued to nibble on her ear as the gradual warming up of her body was obvious to me.

"I like it when we cuddle, I enjoy being the big spoon to your little spoon."

"That's what I wanted to hear," I mumbled directly into her ear before I picked her up into a princess carry.

"We won't have anything to do until Nami calls us again or Dalton shows back up so how about we go have some fun."

All she did in response was lay her head on my breast and nod so I took her actions as confirmation and carried her back to our room.

After we had both relieved each other a few times and while we were taking a break there was a sudden knock on the door followed by a voice.

"Sorry to interrupt you two but that buffalo guy seems to be on his way to the castle."

"How long do we have?"

"A few hours, his pace is pretty slow."

Before I could respond to Monet again Robin threw her body over me, covering my mouth with her hand as she turned to face the door. "Thank you for letting us know."

Although Monet didn't say anymore I could hear her laugh fade into the distance as she got further from the door.

"Where were we?"

'Now she just has to be this aggressive with her feelings and I can truly be the bottom.'

After we had gone at it for another few hours we were both panting for air while laying on each other when we both suddenly perked up.

"Looks like he's here."

As I nodded to her I slowly pulled myself out of bed at the same time using my ability to float Robin in the air so that I could dress her. Once we were in our cloaks and masks we made our way to the front of the castle.

"Dalton, or should I say, King Dalton, how did it go?" After I called him King he stared at me for a minute before he eventually sighed and shook his head.

"I would like to know how you knew that everyone would only vote for me but I don't feel like I would get an answer that makes sense."

"KYAKYAKYA, it's about time this island had a smart King."

"So what's your plan from here on out?"

"We make sure the world knows that you are now the King. The world government doesn't care enough about this island to check it out but the one that we want to come will hightail it here."

"Then we take that opportunity to get rid of him."

"Exactly."

Dalton was silent for another moment as if contemplating something before he asked. "Will you be able to beat him? I know you're all stronger than me but his ability also makes him stronger than me."

"HAHA." Just as she laughed, Robin covered her mouth. Her involuntary laugh seemed to reassure Dalton though, as he also began to laugh.

"We'll know as soon as Wapol arrives near the island so you should focus on relaying the news of your ascension to the throne, to all the villages. Oh, but we'll still be staying in this castle."

Shaking his head Dalton faced the door to the castle. "Stay here as long as you'd like. I'd rather live where I currently do in Bighorn village; even if I'm now the King."

'Just like in the manga. I see why he was chosen by all of the islanders so fast.'

"Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds but I was curious what the person on your crew from this island thinks of me becoming King."

"What do you mean? None of us come from this island."

"What about the snow owl masked person? Isn't she from this island, she knew how to guide your doctor to the other villages."

Realization hit me and I wasn't able to control my laughter, the same with Robin who was now holding her sides.

"What's so funny?"

The first one of us to catch our breath was Robin. "She isn't from this island, it's just that the weather of this island makes her pretty much all-seeing."

It appeared that Dalton wanted to ask more questions but he kept silent while a shallow smile appeared on his lips.

"There is one more thing we need to do now."

Both Dalton and Robin were confused when I said that but I just ignored them as I made my way to Kureha. 'Sorry for not letting you know everything Robin but it just wouldn't be as memorable if you knew what was about to happen.'

(Nami POV)

"I can see why Monet dreads coming to this island so much." Before we had even made it to the island the heat coming off it was pounding down on us.

"Change into your cloak then, I can't feel the heat." As she said this Sugar revealed part of her arm to the open sun before she quickly hid it back in her cloak.

'I guess she doesn't like the heat.'

"I will, I just wanted to experience this place's weather." After a few more moments of being cooked alive, I left for my room to change.

'It's not much cooler inside.' While I started to put on my cloak I could feel an immediate difference on the parts of my body that first entered the cloak.

'Although it was expensive and hard to work with the material that Mrs. Geina chose is amazing.'

As I walked out of my room I noticed Nojiko also coming out of hers. When she also noticed me she turned a little red.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling ok?" The closer I got to her the more my nose could pick up a familiar scent that always came off the couples of the crew before they showered.

"Sorry I'll leave you be." As soon as I placed that smell I realized why she was blushing and quickly made my way back to the deck.

Just as I walked onto the deck Sugar approached me. "Where's Nojiko? We'll be landing any minute."

"She's double-checking everything she will be bringing with her."

After I said that Sugar nodded her head before she put on her mask and looked towards the island. "I can't wait to see Sis's reaction to such a place."

'What? Sugar mentioned Monet?'

"What?"

After she asked that, I came out of my stupor as my eyes were now focused on her. "Sorry, I didn't think you would ever mention Monet like that, it just surprised me."

Sugar seemed to also become surprised for a moment, soon she sighed as she looked towards her feet. "I may have been a little hard on Monet these last few years…Don't tell her that or-"

"I would never say anything." Just as suddenly as I cut her words short she looked back to the island and left to the side of the ship.

"I'm ready."

From behind me I heard Nojikos's voice but chose not to look at her in case she might get embarrassed.

"We're all ready then." As soon as I said this I put my mask on and anchored the ship once we got close enough to the island to where we could jump on and off it.

"Let's go." The first one to jump was Sugar who cleared the gap between us and the island in the blink of an eye.

Quickly both Nojiko and I followed behind her as we landed on the sand. Just as we did, Sugar transformed. "Get on. We'll start to walk once we get closer to our destination."

"I don't know if-" Before Nojiko could finish her reasoning Sugar picked her up and threw her on her back.

"No need to be shy, it's not the first time you've ridden me."

Once Sugar said that I could see the steam begin to rise from Nojikos head as she sat there with her mouth opening and closing.

'You two have very different definitions of riding someone.' Shaking my head I also got onto Sugars back. Placing myself in front of Nojiko so she could hide her face from Sugar in case she looked back here.

'You better be a good wingman for me as well if I ever find someone I like.' As Sugar made her way forward I felt Nojiko lean next to my ear.

"Thanks."

I didn't say anything in response, just leaned back onto her so that I could take a nap. 'Being a temporary pillow for me also works as payment, she'd be a hopeless wingman anyway.'

"Are you two fine back there?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little tired so I'm going to take a nap. Please wake me up before we get there."

"Ok." Although she did it slowly I could feel the wind in my face become weaker over time.

'Sugar is actually pretty thoughtful. I wonder if Nojiko saw that in the past?' As I thought about both of them the world around me slowly became dark.

(A/N - I'll be resuming the normal upload schedule starting tmrw. Sorry for being gone for a while.)

15