Chapter 2: Character Creation
2.6k 10 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AHHH THATS IT, everyone here just make a character like you would in one of your games! You will be reincarnated into one of the thousands of worlds we manage, some of them even have magic and some of them are like your current world. Ah right by the way I am the god of reincarnation!"

She pointed her hand towards all of the groups that were still left, but instead of the blinding light, it felt like we were all hit by a wave of water. It wasn't cold but it wasn't hot either, however most importantly there was now a box of text sitting in front of me. I looked at the people around me and they all looked as if they were staring off into space. Some of them started tapping something invisible. I looked back at the floating box of text that was for 'character creation'

Character Creation
Begin?
Y/N

I was getting excited and I immediately pressed yes. The screen grew larger and showed far more options about appearance. The options that were currently selected were my current appearances.

Appearance
Race Human Gender Male
Hair Color Brown Skin Color Light Tan
Hair Length 2cm Hight 182cm
Eye Color Greenish Brown Age 17(Paused)

What immediately caught my eye was both the race section and the age section. My thoughts on the race section were simply wonder, wonder of what different races would be able to pick from. I drew my excitement away from the race section and looked at the age section. I was confused for a second thinking Huh why is it paused... oh wait yea we are dead. Below all of these options was a single option left.

Reset Appearance?
Y/N?

I decided to tap yes to change everything because having the option to change anything I disliked about my current appearance sounded like an extremely attractive offer.

Appearance 
Race Null Gender Null
Hair Color Null Skin Color Null
Hair Length Null Hight Null
Eye Color Null Age Null

The first thing I began to explore were the race options. A massive list with well over 10000 options showed up. The list ranged from almost any animal you could imagine, including things like squirrels to even dragons. I could have sworn I saw a plant show up somewhere on the list but due to it being so big I lost it and couldn't find it again. I was tempted to make my character a wolf with the idea in mind to make it a creature similar to the god beast Fenrir but I decided against it because if 'Fenrir' already existed it would likely cause problems if I even came near human civilizations. When I continued to look through the race list there were two that caught my interest more than any of the others I had seen so far, Demon and Dragonkin. From all the stories I have read demons have been a race that excels in magic, much stronger than humans, and a far longer lifespan. However Dragonkin on the other hand has extreme strength and an almost limitless lifespan, and the best part being that Dragonkin can fly and turn into dragons. 

As I was about to select Demon just to see what options I could go with for appearance I noticed that the dragon in the race selection had been grayed out. I quickly chose Dragonkin after seeing that due to fear of not having the option when I come back to it. 

Congratulations, race selected:
High Ancient Dragonkin

"What...."

In all the novels I have read dragons have a multitude of races based on strength. From weakest to strongest it normally goes sub dragon -> lesser dragon -> regular dragon -> high dragon and then multiple steps above those are Ancient dragons. I started asking around me to see if people got a similar race selection.

"Hey, has anyone here gotten a race that's slightly different from what you selected? For example getting a Higher or lesser title in front of your race you chose." (T)

A few people who looked like my friends came running over.

"Hey T. Yea I got lesser dragon when I chose my race, what did you get?"

"Uh I got High Demonoid. I wonder if that's any good. Yea T. What did you get."

"I got High Dragonkin. Why did you guys choose those races?" (T)

"I chose dragon because dragons are really fucking cool man. I just saw it and instantly chose it. What about you Zane and T?"

"I chose Demon because when I saw that we could change the gender of our 'Character' it instantly reminded me of this one story I once read about a guy getting turned into a girl demon and eventually becoming the demon king so I wanted to make my character based off of that." (Zane)

"I chose Dragonkin because of a story as well, because in stories Dragonkin are often extremely strong, have an extremely long lifespan, and can turn into a dragon. (More so in my case as I seem to be a high ancient Dragonkin.)"

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"Hm? N-no Max, I was just muttering that Zane has a character to base his off of and I have yet to finish my character creation so I might as well do something like that as well."

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Ok good enough, anyways Zane what are you going to even name yourself after you become female. Zane isn't exactly a 'Female' name." (Max)

"I was thinking either Yulia, or Karina" (Zane)

"Where did those come from?" (T)

"It was just names I thought up on the fly."1actually came from ExCaseusFortis who commented last chapter so thank you very much ExCaseusFortis (Zane)

"Ok anyways I'm going to finish making my 'Character.' Hopefully we can see each other again after we reincarnate!" (T)

"Sure, see ya T" (Max)

"Cya later T"(Zane)

As I walked away from my friends I started thinking of what I should design my character to be like. I decided to do something similar to Zane and base my character off of one of the novels I had read once as well.

Appearance
Race High Ancient Dragonkin (Locked) Gender Female (Locked)
Hair Color Null Skin Color Null
Hair Length Null Hight Null
Eye Color Null Age Null
Wing Shape Standard Dragon Wings Horn Shape Bent Back Horns
Wing Color Null Horn Color Null
Scale Coverage 10-20% Tail length Null
Scale Color Null Tail Color Null

"What?....WHAT?!?"

For the second time today I have been surprised and confused about this status board. As it seemed I couldn't change my gender anymore or race, I decided to change what novel I was going to base my character off of. After about an hour of editing my Appearance board it looked like this.

Appearance
Race High Ancient Dragonkin (Locked) Gender Female (Locked)
Hair Color White Skin Color Pale
Hair Length 60cm Hight 150cm
Eye Color Red Age 17
Wing Shape Standard Dragon Wings Horn Shape Bent Back Horns
Wing Color White Horn Color Light Grey
Scale Coverage 10-20% Tail length 80cm
Scale Color White Tail Color White

As I finally fished filling out the Appearance board another window popped up to confirm my choice.

Are you Finished editing your appearance?
Y/N

As I confirmed my appearance I looked up at the goddess who had been spinning the Wheel of Worlds she called out,

"Congratulations. The 999th group of you get to go to Edriozan. It's a fantasy world where mana is present. Although there is mana there it is basically a world just like earth. Science and magic have excelled to the limits. Good luck."

Oh it's now going to be our turn. I wonder what our world will be like?

"Well then all that's left is group 1000 and there's 4 worlds left. Let's see what you get."

Announcement
NEXT CHAPTER IT FINALLY BEGINS POG

Ok anyways thanks for reading and thank you so much for helping me out with names! Thank you both ExCaseusFortis, and Fhatah for suggesting the names I used in this chapter.

Chapters are now going to be up on Patreon earlier than SH so if you want to view chapters earlier go there. Thank you and I hope you all have a great day!

Uh yea chapter 3 will be done within the next hour but posted on patreon for 24 hours before SH

When should I do other POV chapters | btw you guys have 2 responses
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
64