Chapter 3: Goddess POV and Forest
2.8k 15 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-------- Goddess POV -------- 

"Well then all that's left is group 1000 and there's 4 worlds left. Let's see what you get."

When I looked at the worlds left I saw, Liokitall, a world similar to their earth with no magic, Clemmeria, a world similar to earth but has mana and magic, Ciodotia, a world similar to their earth's medieval time period but with ether flowing freely, and finally Flotiavar, a world similar to their earth's medieval time period but magic and mana are used by almost everyone. 

I spun my Wheel of Worlds as hard as I could. It looked as if it was going to land on Clemmeria however it ticked one over and landed on Flotiavar. After doing this process 1000 times today I was getting extremely bored doing it. The first 400 times doing it were exciting because it was something new for me to do since only in the past 100 years this kind of thing was allowed. As I repeated the same thing for the 1000th time today I noticed something strange in the group.

"Congratulations. The final group of you get to go to Flotiavar. It's a fantasy world where mana is present similar to your Earth's Medieval time period. It’s got monsters, magic, and is basically Earth's definition of 'Fantasy.' You can think 'Status' to check yours, you guys get the gist of it. Good luck and sorry about the incident we gods caused."

I pointed my palms at them to use magic to send them to their new world. As I used this spell I checked each of their statuses to find what I had found something strange. 

Race High Ancient Dragonkin

"Houuu...It seems after 10000 years the extinct Dragonkin race will finally come back.

I wonder if they will bring back the once great Dragonkin race that perished during the great calamity? I will watch you with great curiosity, little Dragonkin. I will give you my blessing, little one, I have great hopes for you."

The goddess said even though there was no one left to hear her.


-------- MC POV -------- 

As the goddess pointed her hand at us another bright light washed over us that felt like it was forcing us to sleep, however right before I passed out I felt something similar to being touched all over my body at once. I finally passed out once the uncomfortable feeling was over.

I have no idea how long I was asleep but it by far felt like the best sleep I have ever had. When I opened my eyes lush green trees1I really wanted to put here
"I see trees of green
Red roses too
I see them bloom
For me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world"
This is from Louis Armstrong's song What A Wonderful World. Anyways that's enough shitposting from me for now
for as far as I could see. To my right I saw a massive mountain range that pierced the clouds that looked pretty far away. I got up off the ground and stretched my limbs and then I realized my body felt different than it had before. I looked behind me to see my tail and wings which were new however it felt like they had been there all along. I could move my tail similar to an arm with no problems at all. I then touched the top of my head to see if my horns were there. My new horns felt scaly, cool, and smooth, the only downside is they were extremely sensitive. I finally looked down to see the rest of my body.2Btw the appearance I'm basing mc off of is the cover art for "Life with a Tail"

"Huh?... WHY AM I NAKED?!?!"

Rest of 'WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES' incident omitted.

"Ok. Now that I have calmed down I should probably find shelter, clothes, and food."

After walking for about an hour I found a plant that looked similar to grapes mixed with raspberries. I grabbed a few and popped one into my mouth.3DON'T EVER DO THIS IRL YOU COULD LIKELY FUCK YOURSELF OVER THINKING ITS SAFE BUT ITS ACTUALLY POISON It tasted mildly hot but it was not bad and actually tasted quite good, so I started eating more of them.

DING

"Huh? What's that?"

In the corner of my vision I saw a text screen pop up and say, 

Congratulations, Skill learned: 
[Poison Resistance Lv.1]

"HUH THIS IS POISON?!?"

I immediately dropped all the raspberry grapes on the ground and tried to spit out the rest of them that were still in my mouth. Ah right there's statuses here. I should probably check mine. I wonder if I can open my status just by thinking about it? 'status'

"Oh it popped up!"

STATUS
Name:    None [Choose Name Y/N]
Race:    High Ancient Dragonkin
Level:    1
Karma:    0
Main Class:    None
Skills:    4
Titles:    2
Blessings:    Blessing of the Goddess of Reincarnation, Aurei
Skill points:    10
EXP to Level Up:    100
HP: 8,000 STR: 800 MP: 80,000
RES: 1050 SPD: 900 DEX: 3,000
LUC: 60 SP: 10,000  
Skills
Ability:   [Dragonification Lv.0 (LOCKED REQUIRED SKILL MISSING)]
Attack:  
Magic:   [Dragon Magic (Element: All) Lv.1]
Active:   [Claw Manipulation (Hands, Feet) Lv.1]
Passive:   [Five-Senses Upgrade Lv.1]
Resistance:   [Poison Resistance Lv.1]
Perception:  
Production:  

“Yea, no, I can’t see this as anything of a status a level one should be.” 

Like actually what the actual fuck is this status. I’m not going to pretend I’m weak or anything but this type of status will 100% cause problems if shown to other people. I should probably get used to my body before I even attempt to enter civilization so I don't accidentally destroy something by touching it. 

Ok let's make a mental checklist of what I need to do. First things first, Shelter, food, and water. Next thing I could probably learn to do is mess with my skills and improve them which I could probably do while looking for the first thing. Third thing I should do is learn new skills. If this world is similar to most of the earth fantasy novels then skills will make life so much easier. As I looked up I saw a flock of birds flying in a direction sorta parallel to the mountains. I once read in a novel that if I follow birds there's a good chance to find a source of water. I started walking the direction the birds went in hopes of a place to find a place to call shelter or even home.

When walking I tried to use my [Claw Manipulation] skill to see what it does. I first tried extending the length of them and they were able to extend about to the length of kitchen knives. It didn't feel any different than if they were normal so I tried to retract them to be back to normal size to test sharpness between the extended claws and the normal ones. I scraped a tree's bark with my normal claws and found that they were not too sharp, if anything they were similar to regular nails, except for the fact that they don't break. I then tried to change the sharpness alone and was able to cut through the tree's bark like a warm knife in butter, after that I also tried to see how well it cuts the freshly exposed wood and it still cut through like butter but I felt a slight amount of resistance. After I gave the extended claws a go and got similar results which showed me that unless I was adding sharpness it wouldn't cut well. I checked my MP to see if that was used up at all because of the tests and it seemed each alteration took 1MP to change its shape or sharpness but it instantly refilled before I could change it again. 

Ding!

"Oh?"

Congratulations! You have learned a new skill: Congratulations! You have upgraded a skill: 
[Mana Management Lv.1] [Claw Manipulation Lv.2 UP1]

"Well that was easier than I expected, it only took... wait isn't it too dark now?"

The sun was about to set and I still haven't found any place to call shelter or get water from. I started running in the direction that the birds were flying towards. After about 30 minutes of running I found a larger tree that had fruits growing from it that was right by a river. It was literally everything I needed in one spot. There were massive branches that could easily hold up a house. I bent down to the water and picked some water up by cupping my hands and began to drink it. The water tasted so good that it easily beat anything I had back on earth. After finishing drinking the water I used my [Claw Manipulation] skill to make it so they are not sharp anywhere except the very tip to pierce the tree and climb up to the large branches. 

Once I finally made it to one of the higher branches I leaned my back against the trunk of the tree and wrapped myself up in my wings and tail and watched as the sun finally set beneath the sea of trees.

"Good night world, and day one complete. I wonder what tomorrow will have in store for me."

My last thoughts before drifting off to sleep were, I wonder if Zane and Max are ok, well I guess Zane would be called Yulia, or Karina now.

Announcement
Heya I honestly decided to just upload here when I finish chapters instead of posting on Patreon when there's no one who can view it. So once someone does get any of the Patreon tiers I'll be uploading here when I finish a chapter. If any of you do get any of the Patreon tiers thank you very much. Just comment and say you did get any of the tiers and I'll go take a look.

On another note how was the first Non-MC POV portion of the story? Any suggestions to make it better will be very much appreciated. I want to do a full other person chapter(people we already meet, Zane or Max), and a full other person chapter for someone we haven't met yet who will end up meeting the MC either at the end of their chapter or after their chapter. I want to do either one of these within the next 10 chapters.

My plan for chapters right now is something like this:
Chapter 4: First Fight and Home
Chapter 5: Zane/Max POV (could end up interesting)
Chapter 6: Skills and Magic
Chapter 7: One month later (or could be slow and take up more chapters)
Chapter 8-9: Newcomer or New Persons POV
Chapter 10: (don't have a plan for it yet but likely going to be a fighting chapter or interaction between new character)

If you have any suggestions to change the current plan please comment down below telling me what you want. 

Anyways that's all for me tonight. Goodnight and thank you again for reading!

 

 

Who should the next POV character be of?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
55