Chapter 5: Zane’s POV
2.3k 12 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Announcement
Will be from day one when they first reincarnated by the way

By the way I got a little absorbed in writing this chapter lmao its way longer than any of the other chapters that I have written so far.

-------- Zane POV -------- 

When I woke up the first thing I did was look around my surroundings. I was in an open field with a mountain range to my left1he was on the other side of the mountain range. will he ever meet mc again, the world will never know. dun dun dun! ok enough shitposting lol that had snow capped tips and very steep cliffs. I checked my body to see if there was anything different than what I imagined for my 'Character.'2Female High Demon from a story he read Other than the fact that I was nude everything seemed like it was correct, I just don't have time to worry about being nude right now. My senses were definitely improved as my vision was much better as well as my hearing. I heard a strange sound that was mixed in with the sound of the wind and grass. I decided to go investigate the direction of the sound.

When I finally reached the source of the sound I found a Skeleton by the side of a road that had a backpack, a set of clothes, and a sword. I thanked the goddess for providing this and started taking the dead person's things.

"I'm sorry whoever you are, may you rest in peace." 

I noticed that they had a necklace with a plate with some words on it. 

Adventurer's Guild Card

Name: Runa Altavilla
Rank: Gold Rank
Request History: Completed: 35    Taken: 39   Failed: 3   Requester Error: 1

"For helping me I will try and get you back to your family Runa."

After I got dressed I gave a bow to the now bare Skeleton and took a small bone from her hand. I looked both directions to see what side of the road had more recent activity and started walking down the road. 

After about an hour of walking I ran into an intersection with clearly much more activity than the road I was just on. To decide which way I went I grabbed a stick and dropped it and whatever way it pointed closest to when it fell I would head that direction. When the stick dropped it pointed towards the left, I picked the stick up and tossed it to the side of the road and began to walk on the left road once again. About 30 minutes after walking away the intersection I could hear a carriage behind me a little ways. I decided to continue walking and if I could I would hitch a ride on that carriage. 

After a while I heard a knight shouting.

"HALT DEMON! Who are you and what are you doing here!?"

I turned around and saw 4 knights all pointing their swords at me. One of them looked a lot stronger and more equipped than the other 3.

"My name is Yulia, I don't know where I am but I'm certain I'm not even from this world."

"Huh? What do you mean you are not from this world?" (Geared knight)

"I don't know. There was a large flash of light and then when I woke up I was in a field a little ways back and to the right of the intersection." (Yulia/Zane3Will stick with Yulia from now on)

The knights began to lower their guards a bit but they were still on edge.

"My name is Meld, I am captain of the feudal lords knights. Can I ask you to please come with us to verify what you are saying." (Meld)

"Yea to be honest that's fine with me because I have nowhere else to go." (Yulia)

"By the way, what is your opinion on humans and your world's view on humans from your race's perspective?" (Meld)

"Like do you mean? I personally don't have anything against humans and never have. To be honest demons and humans are practically the same to me; they just have different talents according to their race. No reason to fight because of that." (Yulia)

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. But what I mean by my previous question is has your race gone to war with the humans in your world?" (Meld)

"Oh no, the last large war that happened was called World War 2 and it ended a long time ago and we have been at peace for a long time since then. The only wars that were presently going on were between other countries." (Yulia)

"Ok, the term World War 2 has piqued my interest, however let's talk about it on the way to the town. OK everyone you can put your weapons down. We are bringing her with us." (Meld)

As we walked back to the carriage I could tell that the knights other than Meld were still extremely tense. I decided to talk with Meld some more about where we were and what the status of demons such as myself were in this world.

"We are in the Egadin Kingdom and are in Lord Sigfrid's domain. And for your other question, the status of demons are not good at all due to the attack of the Demon King." (Meld)

 “Huh, so there is a Demon King in this world as well.” (Yulia)

“What’s the Demon King in your world like?” (Meld)

“How do I say this… well the Demon King in our world does not exist. It’s something that only exists in stories.” (Yulia)

“What about kings? Do they exist?” (Meld) 

“Yes but actually no, the era of kings ended well over 300 or more years ago. Kings in our world exist in smaller and newer countries but it tends not to last long. Instead of kings for government we have branches of government that all keep each other in check and none of them stay in their position for more than 10 years. The reason being is that every 4 to 8 years a new person is elected or voted in to be part of the new government. This prevents one person from hogging power or corruption." (Yulia)

"Wow... that's incredible. I have never heard of a type of government like that. Anyways we are here at the carriage, I'll have you meet Lord Altavilla." (Meld)

"It seems I also need to meet him anyways, I have some bad news for him sadly." (Yulia)

"Hmm? What is it?" (Meld)

"I'll explain to both you and Lord Altavilla at the same time, it will be easier that way." (Yulia)

As we approached the door on the carriage opened up and a very handsome person stepped out. He would literally be the definition of handsome older noble man if I had to give it to anyone. 

"Lord Altavilla, this is the demon we saw ahead of us, to put it simply, she has very very unique circumstances . Miss Yulia, this is Lord Altavilla, he is visiting the neighboring domain." (Meld

"Meld how many times do I have to tell you, call me Alex. Anyways, it's nice to meet you Miss Yulia, feel free to call me Alex. I'm also guessing we will hear your situation later." (Alex)

"Nice to meet you as well, I will take you up on that offer but before I do that I must tell you something. Lord Altavilla, when I woke up in this world I had nothing whatsoever, no clothes, food or money. Before I started walking on the road I found a skeleton. The skeleton was an adventurer that went by the name Runa Altavilla, everything I currently have right now was hers. I vowed that I would bring her back to her family at all costs. Let me grab what I wanted to return to her family that is in her old backpack." (Yulia)

I got down on the ground and set my backpack in front of me and took out the bone and her old adventures guild card. I stood up and presented it to Alex Altavilla. He was frozen in shock and looked like he was about to cry.

"Lord Alex Altavilla please take these." (Yulia)

As if he was broken out of a trance, he slowly accepted the items and began to read over the guild card and look at the bone. He then sat down on the steps of the carriage and started crying. Meld had his hands in a fist and looking down, it seemed like he was also upset about the loss of Runa. 

"Runa...sniff... I'm sorry daddy couldn't protect you. sniff.... Thank you so much for bringing Runa back to me Miss Yulia. If your story is true and your situation is also true I will do my best to help you. We are about two days away from my territory, will you please come with us." (Alex)

"That was already the plan. Thank you for allowing me to come with you. Once again I am Yulia and it is a pleasure to meet you, Lord Alex." 

Alex and Meld had gotten into the carriage after asking me to ride on the back of the carriage for today. After rocking in the carriage for a few hours I got comfortable and went to sleep.

----- 2 Days later -----

During the rest of the trip I talked to Alex and Meld in the carriage about my old world and the topics ranged from the World Wars to the space race. Meld's favorite topics were the World Wars while Alex was ecstatic about space when I told them that we sent people to our moon before and even have a place where people live up in our atmosphere.

"To think that most of the countries in the world had all fought in a single war without being restricted by borders, oceans, and even included nations in other continents. That is honestly terrifying." (Meld)

"True, a war that scale is incredible in its own way but I find it intriguing to think of the technology that brought them off the planet and to others. I also find it hilarious that someone sent their car, is it? To space just because he could4ya boi Elon."

Their responses to most of the stories ended up like this which is funny in its own way. 

When we reached the city Meld took me to the guard's post to double check my story with a magic item that lights up when a lie is told so I simply told them the same thing I did when I first met them. When it didn't light up he got really excited and asked if everything I told in the carriage was true as well. I decided I wanted to mess with him a little bit and said no, when he heard that he looked like the world was ending for a moment. I smiled and said,

"Look at the tool." (Yulia)

"OHHH IT IS TRUE! I'm going to have one hell of a story to tell to my family tonight! OK lets go to Alex's house since he wanted you to stay there for a little while so he can slowly introduce you to the town." (Meld)

When we got to Alex's mansion we were greeted very warmly by Alex and some maids.

"So it is true! Welcome to my home, I will have one of the maids lead you to your room that you will be staying in and I will call you down for dinner. Is that ok with you?" (Alex)

"Yea that's fine with me. Who else is going to be eating dinner with us?" (Yulia)

"It will probably just be the rest of my family, maybe Meld if he wants to come." (Alex)

"I will pass. I want to go see my family as well, I have a lot of new stories to tell them now anyways!" (Meld)

"Well there we have it." He turned to the maid and said "Can you please lead Yulia to her room please?" (Alex)

The maid bowed and gestured for me to follow her. When she reached the room I was going to be staying in she opened the door and bowed and started to walk away.

"Thank you!" (Yulia)

She paused and looked at me to gave a brief smile and said, "No problem. Welcome to the Altavilla manor." 

I entered the room and started to look around. It was a massive room that was bigger than any of the dorms on campus back in school by a few times. It had its own bathroom with a walk-in closet, and a king sized bed. I hopped out of my dirty clothes and put some of the clean clothes that were in the closet and put my dirty clothes on a chair because I did not know where else to put it. 

'Status'

STATUS
Name:   Yulia
Race:   High Demon 
Level:   1
Karma:   +55
Main Class:   None
Skills:   5
Titles:   4
Blessings:   None
Skill Points:   10
EXP to level up:   100

HP: 5,000

STR: 200

MP: 90,000

RES: 550

SPD: 600

DEX: 3,000

LUC: 47

SP: 5,000

 

Skills

Ability:

    [Flight Lv.1]

Attack:

  

Magic:

  [All Elemental Magic Lv.1]   [Demon Magic Lv.1]

Active:

  

Passive:

  [Five-Senses Upgrade Lv.1]

Resistance:

  

Perception:

  [Mana Sense Lv.1]

Production:

  
Titles
   [Reincarnated individual] [Vow Fulfiller] [Storyteller] [Demon King Candidate]

I should probably learn new skills if I want to find my old friends. I feel that even though T. told me his race that wasn't everything to it, he's always had good luck and when he was muttering in the goddess's space I could have sworn he said something about "high ancient Dragonkin" so if anything he will likely be the strongest of all of us combined knowing his luck. I should also make myself well known to make it so he has an easier time finding me. There's no way in hell that Max is going to be able to enter towns on his own as a lesser dragon, however I feel like somehow he's going to do it or cause a scene and make it pretty well known where he is. If he doesn't then its likely that he's going to end up dead because he overestimated himself because he's a dragon. If anything its going to be T. that comes to look for us first unless he gets caught in his own set of troubles or finds a place he can truly call home5Well shit looks like he's already going to take a while to find the others. If he doesn't show up within a year or I get a good lead of where Max is I'll look for him and Max. 

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in!" (Yulia)

"Its time for dinner Miss Yulia, will you be coming down?" (Maid)

"Yes I will, can you show me the way?" (Yulia)

"Of course follow me." (Maid)

When we got to the dining hall, Alex, a woman that was likely Alex's wife, and a younger boy and girl. When they looked at me everyone but Alex and the younger girl was alarmed.

"H-honey, why is there a demon in our dining hall?!?" (wife(probably))

"Daddy, Daddy is that person going to eat me? My friends heard from their parents that people with horns come to eat you when you do bad things!" (Alex's son)

"Pretty...." (Daughter)

Alex's daughter got up from her chair and ran up to me and gave me a hug. Alex started laughing as I was giving him looks for help. After he finished laughing he started explaining things to his wife and son.

"Hello there little one, what is your name?" (Yulia)

"Mia!" 

"Nice to meet you Mia, I'm Yulia."

"You are pretty Yulia-oneechan!" (Mia)

"Wha.." (Yulia)

Alex burst into laughter once again, not expecting help this time I said to Mia, 

"Mia shall we go eat dinner now?" 

"YEP!" and she ran back to her seat.

As I walked over to the table the maid who looked like she was having a hard time trying not to giggle pulled out the chair next to Mia that I was supposed to sit next to.

"Thank you Mika!" (Mia)

"N-no problem ..Pfft Mia, I shall excuse myself now." (Maid Mika)

Before I sat down I decided to introduce myself.

"Hello Ms. Altavilla and Alex's son, I am Yulia and I'm a High Demon that is from another world. I was caught in an incident that brought me to this world roughly two or three days ago. It is nice to meet you."

 I gave a small bow and then sat down. After I sat down both the mother and son gave a short introduction and we began to eat6Legit don't want to name them because they are not going to be in the story much at all and can't be bothered to give them names. Sorry not sorry.. Alex began to tell the stories that I told in the carriage and when he got something wrong or was stuck I filled in for him and then we got to how we meet. Alex was telling them the start to how we meet but I decided to cut him off. 

"Alex, sorry for interrupting but I don't think it's a great idea to tell this next bit of the story when the little ones are still here. It might be a bit heavy for them right now and I would rather not have the fun mood ruined." (Yulia)

"I'm sorry but you are right. Honey, after we put the kids to bed we will talk about the rest of this story." (Alex)

"Awwwww" (Mia and the son)

"It's ok when I think you are ready to hear the rest I will tell you."

"OK!" (Mia)

"Ok fine...." (Son)

The dinner finished without any problems and it was getting late so Alex had one of the maids put the children to bed. When the Maid returned saying she had put the children to bed I decided to tell the people in the room my story. The maid at first tried to leave but Alex stopped her saying, 

"Mika don't leave since it's somewhat related to you as well."

She nodded and then I continued my story7(Nice to meet you as well, I will take you up on that offer but before I do that I must tell you something. Lord Altavilla, when I woke up in this world I had nothing whatsoever, no clothes, food or money. Before I started walking on the road I found a skeleton. The skeleton was an adventurer that went by the name Runa Altavilla, everything I currently have right now was hers. I vowed that I would bring her back to her family at all costs. Let me grab what I wanted to return to her family in her old backpack.) this story. When I finished Alex handed out the bone and Adventures Guild Plate and handed it to the two. They both began to break down and cry, Alex himself looked like he was about to cry as well.

"Go ahead Alex. I'm going to head up to my room and leave you guys some time alone. We can talk in the morning if you want. Goodnight." (Yulia)

Alex then broke into tears as I left the room. Sitting outside the door was both Alex's son, and Mia, both of which looked like they were barely holding it together as well.

"Come on you two, let's give them some space alone. How much did you hear anyways?" (Yulia)

"mhm, can I sleep with you tonight Yulia-oneechan?" (Mia)

"We heard most of it. Sorry we were eavesdropping, you were right." (Son)

"Sure Mia, you can. If you want to join them you can." (Yulia)

"Yea I will go do that. Goodnight. (Son)

Mia and I left Alex's son to go back to his parents, and went to my room and got into bed.

"Goodnight Mia." (Yulia)

"Goodnight Yulia-oneechan." (Mia)

Announcement
Yea so you know how I said I was going to do both character POVs. Yeaaaaa I got really absorbed writing this one and ended up with 3400 words and really just didn't want to put any more in since its 11:00pm for me and I got school I need to do tomorrow so I'm just going to end it here. It's also not edited so there are probably errors. I'm just too tired to go back and fix that right now. If you find any, feel free to comment on what I got wrong and I'll fix it when I get up tomorrow.

Good night folks and I hope you have a great day!

When the next character is introduced should I:
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
55