Chapter 6: Skills and Magic
2.1k 7 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Back to MC POV this chapter.

Sorry for it being late, stuff popped up and writing this chapter was actually painful.

"Ok let's practice the Draconic magic that I haven't touched yet!"

As I got up out of bed I cleaned my tree house before heading to the lake to practice Dragonic Magic. I jumped down the tree to the ground so I could wash myself in the stream by the trunk’s base. After I dried off using one of the fur pelts I got from a wolf I had hunted, then hanged it on the balcony of my house to dry. 

I took off and flew to the lake. On the way there I saw another Behemoth Boar which I decided to drop down and kill from the sky. I started flying down with my claws extended and as sharp as they could be to stab the boar from above. The Boar didn't even notice me before it died.

Ding

Congratulations! You killed Lv. 114 Behemoth Boar!
Experience Gained: 9956
Congratulations! You Leveled Up!
Lv.30 -> Lv.37
Congratulations! You Learned new skills:
[Dive-bomb Lv.1] [Aerial Combat Lv.1]

Neat new skills and levels. I wonder if I can use my skill points to get new skills because I have 380 skill points that I don't know what do with. [Mana Perception] would probably be a good skill to help me practice learn [Mana Manipulation].

Ding

Would you like to buy the skill: [Mana Perception] for 20 Skill Points?
Y/N

"Oh so I can buy skills with skill points. Can I see all the skills I can buy?"

Then a massive list of skills showed up ranging anywhere from 5-380 points to buy. Most of them were under 100 points however the ones above it were clear evolutions of the skills under 100 points. Of the thousands of skills I decided to buy [Mana Perception], [Appraisal] which was 100 points on its own and could evolve, [Increased Mana Regeneration] which was 50 points, [Cooking] for 10 points, [Increased SP Regeneration] which was also 50 points, and finally [Rapid regeneration] for 50 points again leaving me with exactly 100 points left that I decided to save. I decided to test out my skills at the lake along with magic, as I took off and flew the rest of the way there to the lake.

When I reached the lake I properly flew around it to check the surroundings and made sure there was nothing to interrupt my magic training. After I finished I landed by the lake and started experimenting with my new skills. The first skills I wanted to try were [Mana Perception] and [Appraisal] because they were the only skills I had that didn't require me getting injured first or were already permanently active. I activated [Appraisal] only to be severely disappointed when I looked at a fruit.

Strange Fruit

"... Is that it?"

I used it again but on a rock this time.

Rock

"Welp this skill is useless at this level. I really hope [Mana Perception] isn't the same."

I activated [Mana Perception] and looked at the water in hopes of seeing anything. I almost missed it but when a fish went near the surface I saw a very small green light. 

"OH IT WORKS!" 

I decided to keep [Mana Perception] on at all times so it could level and get stronger. I looked at myself to see if I could see whatever light I had. It wasn't working at first so I wondered if [Mana Perception] didn't let you see your own mana. I thought in my mind to 'allow myself to see my mana' and I was blinded as if I was hit in the face with the full power of the sun.

"FUCK! THATS BRIGHT TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!"

It turned off but I still couldn't see for a while so I decided to sit down and try and memorize the space I was in because when I was buying skills I noticed one skill that looked really interesting called [3D Space Perception]. I decided that it would probably be a good idea to learn this skill after being blinded to avoid situations like this in the future.

After about an hour I finally got it.

Congratulations! You learned the skill:
[3D Space Perception Lv.1]

I opened my eyes to see that things were still blurry after being an idiot and looking at my mana. Once my vision finally cleared up I decided to start trying magic.1I. Hate. This. Chapter.

I then attempted to try the most classic attack a dragon can use, a dragons breath. I looked up and took the largest breath in that I could and then imagined when I released my breath that a tightly condensed beam of fire and light was shot out of my mouth. 

"FUUUuuuuuuu"

The dragon's breath that I shot into the sky and pierced the clouds and due to the heat it had vaporized the clouds even more than they already were.2If you didn't know, clouds are made up of evaporated water When I fired the dragons breath I had felt something inside me feel like it was being drained by a small amount. I imagined controlling it in hopes of getting [Mana Manipulation].

After a while of failing to get the skill I started experimenting with my Draconic magic again by seeing if I could fire it from my hands or make it act like the magic of the stories I read. During that time the Draconic magic skill had leveled up 3 times and I learned that I could use fire, water, ice, wind, light, earth, lightning, and space attributes which I could combine them and have them do almost whatever I could imagine. After a while of testing after figuring out the elements and what combining them could do I finally got the skill I wanted.

Congratulations! You learned the skill:
[Mana Manipulation Lv.1]

The Skill [Dragonification] has been unlocked. Would You like to customize your [Dragon Form]?

Y/N

Since it's getting late I will leave that be for now and go home and do complete that tomorrow. I took off and headed home, while imagining what sort of dragon I would be. 

When I got home I quickly washed up in the river and then flew up to my house. And walked to the kitchen to make myself some dinner before going to bed. With the [Cooking] skill I could tell that the taste had improved even though I didn't do much different when making myself some food. When I finished eating I washed my wooden plate with a small amount of water produced by magic then I used a light purifying magic to get rid of any of the grime.

I climbed up the stairs to the second part of the house which had my room and got in bed. 

"Good night World."

Announcement
I FUCKING HATED WRITING THIS CHAPTER HOLY HELL. NEVER DOING IT AGAIN LEARNING MAGIC/TESTING SKILLS IS A PAIN TO WRITE AND IM NOT TOUCHING IT AGAIN.

Sorry for the rant but I'm seriously not doing another chapter like this, it was actually painful to write and it took me most of my day to figure out how to write this shit. Also can not be bothered to go back and edit it. Im done with this chapter and I am never touching it again. 

Tomorrow I'm going to try and do 2 chapters and I am going to be making the discord. Link to the discord will be posted in one of the news sections on one of the chapters tomorrow.

Have a good night cya folks tomorrow!

54