Chapter 12: Ritual and Home Improvement
1.9k 10 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I'll be entirely honest I have no clue where to go and have no plan whatsoever with this chapter so I'm pulling everything out of my ass right now lmao.

https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa here's the discord so you can give me suggestions and such, and I respond to comments faster there.

When I woke up I was the last one still in the bed. I looked around to see if anyone was still in the room but I was the only one left. After getting dressed I walked down to the main room of the house. I saw both Alysa and Elly snooping around the house to see if they could find anything interesting. 

"Find anything interesting?"

They both jumped up when I spoke, Elly who was looking in the cabinets hit her head, while Alysa simply turned away from the makeshift fridge holding a fruit.

"Never seen this before, is it good?" (Alysa)

"Owowowow..." (Elly)

"It is good to me Alysa but I don't know if it is safe for you. To double-check let me check the appraisal results. Also are you ok Elly?"

As I asked the appraisal results turned back saying that it was indeed safe and I did not have to worry so I gave Alysa the go-ahead to try the fruit. I walked over to Elly and healed her a little bit with magic even though it was something small like bumping her head. 

"By the way Luna what exactly is this place, I never got the chance to ask when I was here before since we were in a hurry but I assumed it was your house, am I correct?" (Elly)

"Yea, it's my home. I found this tree that was a lot bigger than the rest and had branches big enough to hold a large house up so I built my home myself."

"That sounds really cool. What type of tree is it?"

"I honestly don't know, since my Appraisal is much higher leveled than before I can check."

Appraisal Results:

World Tree Sapling

Age: 689 Years
Description: One of the World Tree's 99 Saplings spread around the world, very few are above ground with only 20 saplings above ground while the other 79 are in underground caverns. This sapling is the oldest on the surface due to it being unreached by the hands of Man. The tree itself has natural monster repelling properties and no monsters will approach within 100 meters.

"WHAT?!?" (Luna)

"What's wrong!?" (Elly)

Alysa simply gave a questioning gaze and tilted her head to the side. I gave a weary laugh before telling them everything on the appraisal results. 

"Well, it seems that the tree is a sapling of the World Tree... Not only that, but it is the oldest sapling on the surface..." (Luna)

Both Elly and Alysa were shocked and were looking at me then to the tree. Alysa began to look like she was in deep thought and after a few minutes she spoke up asking a question I never even thought of.

"Hey Luna, I don't know if we were from the same world but did yours have legends or stories of the world tree existing?" (Alysa)

"Now that you talk about it, yea my old world did have countless stories of the world tree. Are you suggesting that the world tree probably exists in every world?"

"Nn, it only makes sense. Unless dimensional travelers came to our worlds and spoke of it which I highly doubt that's the only possibility.  Maybe even other races exist or existed in our worlds before and went into hiding?"

"I feel left out because I don't understand what you are talking about much but I can tell it's something big at least." (Elly)

"Not wrong but it's not relevant to our lives so let's tuck that away for another time." (Luna)

"Mk, should we start the ritual soon?" (Alysa)

"It's a little scary but the more we put it off nothing will change so yea let's start it." (Elly)

"Since I have no idea how big the egg I will make is, let me make an area below the tree for it. Give me an hour before we start."

"Ok" "Mk"

I flew down the tree and started clearing an area of shrubbery and trees to make enough space for the eggs and my Dragonification. I piled the trees I cut down next to the base of the World Tree sapling. I flattened the area and made a perimeter of the smaller trees I couldn't use and the shrubbery. I transformed to see if the area was the right size and not too small. 

[Haaah, of course, I got bigger.]

I reviewed the knowledge I learned one last time before calling the girls to make sure nothing is wrong. After triple-checking the skills description and the information from the crystal I brought my head over to my house and called the girls.

[I'm ready for you both now, hop on my head and I will bring you over to the area where we will begin.]

I discussed how the ritual worked one last time to them before we began. I could tell they were determined, but even though they were determined I could still tell they were afraid.

"It's a little scary that the ritual requires us to be eaten. However, it does make sense to do it that way as it creates a sort of natural birth. After all, it is changing our race to a completely different one." (Elly)

"Nn, did the knowledge ever say it could fail?"

[No, the only times it did 'Fail' is when the Dragonkin doing the ritual forgot to turn on the skill.]

I turned on the [Kin Creation] skill and spoke to them one last time before they hatched from the eggs.

[Ok, the skill is activated. When I next talk or see you you will be hatched out of my eggs. When you both hatch instead of seeing me as just Luna you will see me as your actual mother. Most of your past memories will feel more like a dream when you hatch but you will still have them. If you do not want to continue just sit down and I will cancel the ritual.]

Elly and Alysa simply looked at each other then nodded. 

"We will still do it. If anything having a full family again will be nice, having the memories of our village getting destroyed just seeming like a bad dream instead of having a clear memory of vividly watching our friends die is something I would honestly wish for." (Elly)

"Nn, having a reset would be nice."

[Ok... I hear you loud and clear. We will do one at a time just to make sure nothing happens. Alysa, you said you wanted to go first right?]

"Nn."

I brought my head down so it was on the ground then opened my mouth. Alysa gave Elly a huge hug before climbing into my mouth. I used a little bit of dark magic to put her to sleep, so she would not feel nasty during the process, then swallowed her whole. 

"Is that it?" (Elly)

[Yes, now we just need to wait an hour or two for the egg to come out.]

Elly broke down and began to cry which caused me to panic.

[What's wrong!? Did I do something wrong? If so I'm sorry.]

"No... To be honest, when you originally told me how the ritual would work I did not want to do it. I was afraid of pain, grossness, and the thought of not being human anymore. Alysa though... she thought it was a good idea to do it. It was the first time we had a disagreement in 7 years. She said that she would do it even if I did not. Then I remembered what you told us about your lifespan, or the Dragonkin's lifespan being almost infinitely long and I thought it unfair as the older sister to leave her behind... I decided I wanted to be with my sister till the end."

[I actually kind of understand that feeling. Just like Alysa, I am also a reincarnated being, I died back in my old world leaving my family behind. I was a human back then. When I realized I was about to die I quickly called my mom to say goodbye but it was only a few words at most. Ah, calling in my old world used a device to talk to people around the world. I was in school away from home, I never got to say goodbye to my parents or siblings and I will never be able to unless there's a way to travel dimensions but I highly doubt that's possible. If anything when you do it I will put you to sleep as I did with Alysa so you don't feel any of the feelings you are scared of.]

She looked at me in disbelief for a moment and took a little time to process it. She walked over to me and sat down to lean her back on me. 

"...Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this feeling."

After a little while, her breathing slowed a bit. I opened my eyes to check on her just to see her sleeping. I felt bad for her. I was putting my selfish wish on Alysa and Elly just so I would not be alone as time passes. 

I decided I would use up my skill points that I had gotten an excess of to pass the time waiting for the egg to come. After a while, I got the skills [Minimized Mana Consumption], [Transmution], [Blacksmithing], [Metal Working], [Leather Working], and all the basic resistances which ended up being 12 new skills in the end. Each one cost 50 points except for [Minimized Mana Consumption] leaving me with 220 skill points left that I would use at a later date. Oh? It seems the egg is almost here so I should wake up Elly.

[Elly, wake up. The egg is almost here.]

She slowly got up and looked around before processing what I had said. She quietly waited for the egg to come out without saying a word.  About 15 minutes later an egg that looked like it was covered in white scales and between them was an ice blue color and it was even bigger than Elly came out.

"Is this Alysa?"

I nodded and looked at the appraisal results to make sure everything was working.

Appraisal Results:

Greater Ancient Dragonkin Egg

Name: Alysa

Status: Alive, Hatching (Time Remaining 9 Days, 23 Hours, 59 Minutes, 45 Seconds)

Description: Greater Ancient Dragon Egg containing Alysa. Alysa before being reborn had only one desire, to protect her older sister who loved her more than any family has before. 

After I read the results of the appraisal to Elly she ran up to the egg and gave it a big hug.

"I don't want to be protected Alysa, I want to live with you forever and protect you... Luna!"

[Hayes!]

"Can the ritual be started again now?"

[Yes it can. Wo-]

"Then we start now."

[Ok, ok, now it is.]

I lowered my head like I had done previously and opened my mouth. She jumped in the second I opened my mouth. I put her to sleep just like I did with Alysa and repeated the same process. After an hour and a half, another egg similar to the one before was produced. 

Appraisal Results:

Greater Ancient Dragonkin Egg

Name: Elly

Status: Alive, Hatching (Time Remaining 9 Days, 23 Hours, 59 Minutes, 54 Seconds)

Description: Greater Ancient Dragon Egg containing Elly. Elly before being reborn similarly had one desire, to live with her family for all of eternity. She vowed that she would let no one take away her family, no matter what happens she will fight till the end of the earth for her family.

When reading the results I felt happy and scared at the same time. Does her family include me? Is it just Alysa? I decided to take my mind off it by renovating my house a bit in preparation for Elly and Alysa after their rebirth. 

I did not want to touch and move the eggs on the off chance something bad happens if I move them. So I brought over all the trees that could be used for housing over to where the eggs were so I could work while keeping an eye on them at all times. I turned all of the trees into usable planks and started pre-assembling a medium-sized bedroom and a small storage room. After 8 days I was finally completed with the new rooms. I then picked them up and flew them up the tree and placed the rooms upon the branches of the tree that were open closest to my house. After securing them to the tree I made small rope bridges connecting each of the rooms to each other through the main room which was the largest.

I flew back to my eggs and coiled around them as if to protect them from everything. I refused to move from this spot till they finally hatching. On the 9th day of the hatching process, the day had been more boring than before because I had nothing to do but wait. I closed my eyes to rest for a little while before they hatched. I heard rustling in the bushes near me and instantly woke up to see a particular group in front of me, an Elven woman, Arachne, and a Beastkin male.

[You should not be here.]

Announcement
I will be drawing Luna and posting it on the discord so come by and check that out as I work on it a bit every day. https://discord.gg/ytX8BmRbUa

I got a little distracted when writing earlier because I found the coolest video I have ever seen and had like a 3ish hour conversation about the topics it covered and other things somewhat related to it. https://youtu.be/uD4izuDMUQA it's super interesting and worth a watch. 

Anyways Good night and thanks for reading!

Alysa's Looks (don't want her to have white scales this time around)
  • Black scales w/ 2 horns Votes: 56 45.2%
  • Blue scales w/ 2 horns Votes: 51 41.1%
  • Red scales w/ 2 horns Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Other colored scales (put in comments) Votes: 1 0.8%
Total voters: 124
49