Chapter 32: Investigation
659 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome back, Hermione."

"Welcome back, Sakura."

We greet both Sakura and Hermione, who appear in the middle of the room.

"We are back, Riser."

"We are back, Hugo."

I nod at them and say.

"Please take a seat. The food will be ready soon."

It takes me another ten minutes before the food is ready. I place the food down on the table, and we begin to eat. Ten minutes later, we finished eating and looked at each other. Hugo is the first one saying something.

"Sakura, report!"

"Yes! I look around the city's western side and see which locations have barriers around them as you ordered and encounter three places with barriers around them. A compound on the northern side, the barrier is good, but it is slowly diminishing because there is no source of mana supplying it."

Hugo nods his head and says.

"That should be Emiya Residence. Shirou did not know how to replenish the mana needed for the barrier to get it back to its full strength. Continue."

Sakura nodded and continued saying what she found.

"The second one is in the Central area near the shopping district of the eastern side of Fuyuki. While I did not get too close to the barrier, I could smell something foul coming from that place."

"That should be the Matou residence. As for the foul smell… That should be the worm farm in the basement of the Matou mansion. Continue"

"Lastly, a mansion in the southern side of Fuyuki city. This mansion is located near the outskirt of the city."

"That is Tohsaka Residence. Hmmm… Sakura, have you checked the temple in the west?"

"Yes. There is a large amount of mana in the area, but there is no barrier other than the one in the underground where our objective is located."

"That means Medea has not yet been summoned and made a contract with Souichirou. We can exploit that."

Hugo nods his head, looks at me, and says.

"Riser, do you want to become the master of Caster?"

"Wait. What?"

"Do you want to become the master of Caster?"

"I hear you for the first time. Are you sure? You said that you want to bind a servant for yourself."

"No, can't do it. I've not yet reached Bronze membership and can only have two waifu. However, we should contact the company first. We did not know if making a contract with Medea would become a problem here. Do you have a perk that hides you from Divination?"

"Yes. Cloak Mark MK2 and Mental Barrier II"

"Not good enough. It cannot block Gaia and Alaya's vision unless you have upgraded it at least to level four. They are known as 11th tier waifu materials."

"There is someone out there that wants to fuck the planet?"

"You would be surprised. Anyway, let's call the company."

Hugo takes his company phone and begins to dial his caretaker. A few seconds later, I can hear a man saying.

"Hello, Hugo. Is there any problem?"

"Good evening, Rio Gul. We have some questions, if you don't mind."

"Of course. Ask away."

"Can Riser over here make a contract with Medea?"

"Of course. However, she will be automatically erased from the war."

"Pardon?"

"When Medea makes a contract with Riser, she will become his familiar rather than servant. If he binds her, Riser would not need to bear the cost of the magic Medea needed."

"I see. Does that mean Medea will be listed as a defeated servant? And the church will know about it."

"That is right. The church will think that Medea killed her master and disappeared because she exhausted her mana."

"I see. Thank you for your assistance, Rio Gul."

"It is no problem. Call me if you have any questions."

"Of course."

Hugo ended the call and looked at me before saying.

"So! Did you want her?"

"Sure. I would love to do that."

"Good. Then we need to watch out for Medea. Sakura, can you make a seal around the mountain for me? A simple alert seal should do."

Sakura nodded her head, unfurled a scroll from her pouch, and wrote something on the scroll.

"Wow. Sakura can do a Fuinjutsu?"

"Yes. Jonin needs at least a basic Fuinjutsu knowledge before they can reach Jonin level, or at least that is what happens in her world."

"I see."

"Anyway, let hear what your waifu found."

I nod my head and look at Hermione, who nods her head before saying.

"While Sakura was scouting the western area, I was scouting the eastern area and found something interesting."

"Oh? Please tell us about it, Hermione."

"Of course, Riser. There are three interesting points. The first one is the harbor in the north. While most of the harbor is normal, a small part of the harbor is protected by a magical barrier. The barrier protecting a warehouse in the eastern part of the harbor."

"Hmmm. Harbor, huh. Kiritsugu used the harbor as his go-to place for him to get out of Fuyuki city, if my memory serves right. Let's check that warehouse later on. Continue Hermione."

"Okay. The next thing is the Church. While flying in the air, I can smell a foul smell around the church. It was protected by a magical barrier that stretched out two hundred meters around the church. It was like the smell of a corpse."

"That smell is Gilgamesh eating the orphaned child to sustain himself."

"He… He is a cannibal."

"Oh! Not that kind of eating. He slowly kills the children by absorbing the mana inside their body."

"That is really sick."

"Yes. It is. Welcome to the magus world where all magus is assholes. Anyway, continue the report."

"The next interesting thing is an abandoned mansion in the south of the Church. A two-kilometer in the outskirts of Fuyuki. A magical barrier protects the mansion, but it slowly weakens because there is no mana supplying it."

"Hmmm. I did not know about this. We can investigate this place, but I don't want to alert the church when we are close enough to the church. Especially Gilgamesh, who lives in the church. What do you think, Hugo? Should we investigate this mansion? I think this mansion is owned by a magus that decided to give up on Japan and getaway, or a dying magus family owns this mansion."

Hugo looked at the table for a few seconds before saying.

"I think we should do it. While I'm trusting the catalyst I buy, I need to make sure to summon the correct version of Modred."

"Oh? You want to summon Mo-chan?"

"Yes. However, I need to make sure it was the main timeline Mo-chan and not her Proto version."

"Yeah… That would be suck."

"Anyway, the man that sold this catalyst to me said there is Seventy percent chance I will summon Mo-chan, but if I do the summoning in the mana rich area, the chance increases up to ninety percent."

"I see. You want to go there and check if the mansion is full with mana."

"That is right."

"Very well. When will we go?"

"What about four in the morning?"

"Sounds good. However, can I ask the reason why?"

Hugo looked at Sakura for a second before saying.

"Sakura and I have daily training at five in the morning."

"Yeah. Me too. I guess it is decided that we will go at four."

"Good."

13