Chapter 33: New Base
638 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the mansion in front of me and say.

"What about the surrounding area? Do you find anything?"

"No. Sakura and I already checked a few hundred meters around the mansion, and there was no one or thing around."

"Good. The barrier is ready to be breached. I make sure that I will not alert the owner of this place even if there is an owner inside. However, I'm sure eighty-nine percent there is no one inside from what I gather using my demonic energy."

Hugo nods his head, takes out his bastard sword, and says.

"Good job, Riser. While the odds of this mansion being empty are high, be careful."

I nod my head and lift up the barrier for a little before indicating to my ally to get inside. Hugo, Sakura, and Hermione walk inside the barrier before I walk inside and close the barrier once again.

"Hmmm. This place is full of mana. This is a perfect place to summon a servant."

"Yes. You are right, Hugo. Shall we?"

"We shall."

My companion and I walk toward the mansion carefully, and after a few seconds of walking, we arrive in front of a massive door of the mansion. Hugo tried to open up the door, but the door is locked to no one's surprise.

"Cover me. I will destroy the door."

"Wait, Hugo. We don't know if there is a trap behind this door. Let me check this."

Hugo nodded his head and let me do it. I begin to spread out my demonic energy and begin to get something from behind this door.

"There is a trap inside. Two of them. There are four originally, but the other two have already been dead for quite a while from running out of juice."

"I see. Thank you, Riser."

"No problem."

Hugo then looks at Sakura and says.

"Sakura, Clone."

Sakura nodded her head before creating a hand seal I did not know.

"Let us get away from this door."

I nod my head and walk away from the door with Hugo and Hermione. A second later, I can see another Sakura appear from the ground. I see. Now I know what Hugo is thinking. Sakura clone will be the one destroying that door.

When the second Sakura appears, Sakura walks toward us, and the second Sakura raises her hand and punches the door.

When the door is destroyed, Sakura clones get trapped inside a massive jewel. I widen my eyes when I see something coming from the ground. I quickly grab Hugo while Hermione grabs Sakura and flies to the sky.

Not even a second after I fly to the air, a spike made of jewels appears from the ground. The spike covers up all the ground inside the barrier.

"Hot damn. Thanks, Riser. I don't know if Sakura and I could dodge that kind of trap."

"No problem."

"Can you check if that spike is made of an ordinary jewel for me? I did not want to step on a cursed spike made of jewels."

I spread my demonic energy once again and felt the spike coming from the ground. I nod my head and say.

"No. It was a normal spike."

"Good. Now, can you put me down?"

I nod my head and put Hugo down. The same with Hermione, who put Sakura down.

"Man, look at all those jewels. I wonder if they are real."

"I don't think they are. Jewel is expensive even when there are plenty of them."

"Heh. I guess you are right. Then you don't mind if I cut them down, right?"

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

Hugo nods his head and moves his sword to the side. A second later, I can feel an energy around his sword. Hugo then swings his sword forward, and I can see a crescent made of energy that cuts through the spike easily.

"And done! Come on."

I follow Hugo to the mansion, where we walk through the door and look around the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Riser, Hugo, Hermione, and Sakura search the building very carefully. Ten minutes after searching for any clue, they did not find any of them. The building is empty and desolate. There is some furniture inside, but it was already old enough to be put in the museum.

However, when they arrive in the main bedroom of the house, Sakura finds something.

"Hugo, Riser. Look at this."

Hugo and Riser walk toward Sakura and see her holding a book. Riser takes it from Sakura and begins to read it out loud.

The book is the diary of Eleonora Edelfelt. The book says how she and her sister have been chosen as a master in the Fuyuki Holy Grail. The book also says how she and her sister did not get along even though they are twins.

The book then begins to describe how the war is going and how it ends. How her sister left her behind to be tortured by the head of the Tohsaka family, and how their Family Crest got stolen from her.

It also tells how Eleonora survives barely because the Tohsaka family head is a sadist and leaves her dying on the street from bleeding. She survives because of her magecraft that stitches her injury with her jewel.

The book then tells how she survives for the next three years with her hand cut off and her left lung destroyed by the Tohsaka family head.

"Well, that is depressing."

"Yeah. All of her writing is either saying how she hates her sister or how she cursed the Tohsaka family for taking her Family Crest and torturing her. I guess I cannot blame her for that. She almost wins the Holy Grail War but gets betrayed by her sister and then defeated by the Tohsaka family archer servant."

"That is what jealousy does to you. The older sister loses her servant to Lancer and Rider, who decide to work together. The older sister thinks that her servant is the weaker version of Eleonoora's servant. Her jealousy grown when she sees Eleonora keep winning and when the time for a duel between Archer and Saber, she decided to poison Eleonoora's servant."

"What a bitch."

"Yeah. Anyway, I think we should make this place our new base. What do you think, Hugo?"

"Yeah, I think so too. Let us clean this place up and fix some furniture here. We can also move some of the furniture from our apartment."

"Good idea."

With that being said, both Hugo and Riser get a new base. A well-fortified and concealed base.

15