Chapter 36: Spar
669 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Άνεμος καταστροφής"

Wind of Destruction. That spell name fits the power it produces as it is enough to cut through the ground. Hermione and I create a thick shield made of demonic energy to block Medea's wind attack.

"It was like a Wind Release: Great Breakthrough, but the pressure is higher than that jutsu."

I hear Sakura telling Hugo about Medea's attack. I ignore them and begin to create a massive fireball, then shoot it toward Medea. I can see Medea try to block my fire with a shield, but before my fire could touch her shield, it turns into ice and traps her inside.

However, a second later, Medea escapes from the ice block using short teleportation. When she escapes my ice, Hermione welcomes her by firing lightning bolts and fire lances toward her. However, Medea escapes from the ice block using short teleportation. Instead of teleporting once again, Medea creates a shield to block Hermione's attack.

I see. There is a cooldown before Medea could use her short teleportation. I think it is around two seconds. It is short, but I can exploit this.

I extend my hand, and suddenly lava comes out from the ground and attacks Medea. When I see her disappear from the ground and appear floating in the air, I move my hand, and the lava follows my movement.

Medea extended her hand, and my lava changed into a block of ice. I stomp my leg to the ground, and suddenly the ground under Medea changed into a pool of lava. I raise my hand, and suddenly a pillar of lava rises up and comes toward Medea.

Medea points her staff at the lava, and suddenly twenty magic circles appear in front of her staff. My lava hit her magic circle and halted by the magic circle. I smirk a little when I see Medea focused on me and forget about Hermione.

I can see Hermione above Medea and already create twenty magic circles. Shooting out from the magic circle is a Lightning bolt and Water jet.

To my surprise, Medea pulls her hand up and creates another twenty magic circles to block Hermione's attack. Medea holds up for a few seconds before she disappears, letting both Hermione and my attack collide. I cancel my attack and look around.

I looked to my left and found Medea with at least fifty magic circles.

"Βροχή του Φωτός."

I widen my eyes when I see a laser pointer coming from the magic circle, and they are pointed at me.

"Balls."

A few seconds later, a laser of doom came from all the magic circles. I quickly teleported away from my current location, and I can hear an explosion happening.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

It happens for a minute before I hear Hugo shouting.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Your fight will destroy the mansion!"

I stop moving, and the same with Medea and Hermione.

"Bloody hell. My fight with Mordred is not even as destructive as your fight, and she is a Berserker wannabe."

"Oi! What do you mean by that?!? Do you want to fight?!?"

Hugo ignores Mordred, who munches her twelfth serving of Takoyaki and continues.

"Anyway! Stop fighting before you destroy the mansion. You already fight for twenty minutes anyway."

Really? Huh. I guess you cannot keep up with the time when you are fighting. I nod my head and welcome both Medea and Hermione, who land next to me.

"Good fight, Medea, Hermione."

I give both of them a smile, and they return it with their own smile.

"You and Hermione over here are great fighters, master. Your foundation is great, and the only thing you need is experience. Your Lavabending, as you called it, is a great and versatile skill. Your hot ice is also something that is unique that you can use to surprise your enemy."

Medea then looks at Hermione before saying.

"Your casting is good. However, you need at least a few seconds before you can cast ten spells at once. That is not good. I will teach you a few magecraft from my era."

Well, that is interesting.

"Okay, that is enough, guys. Remember that we still need to gather material for Medea's Temple."

Oh yeah. Medea needed some material to make her temple. While she wants to move to Ryuudou temple, as that is the place where the core of Fuyuki Leyline is located, we cannot do that. That is the first place where people think if there is a servant there.

That is why Medea needs to make her temple here, and lucky for us, there are a few dozen or so veins connected to the core in Ryuudou Temple underneath this mansion. However, Medea says that she needs at least a few materials for the temple at its highest power.

"You are right, Hugo. What kind of jewel do you need, Medea?"

"I need Ruby, Sapphire, or Diamond."

"Do you only need a jewel, or can you use some kind of metal ore?"

"The only metal alloy I can use is Mithril, master. I don't think that thing exists in this era, and if so, they will be in possession of a high-ranking magus."

"Mithril? Well…. I think we can work something out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Rin Tohsaka POV|

I look at the ceiling of my house. The fake house that I owned. It has been a few years since the Fourth Holy Grail War and how my father decided to take a massive loan from the noble in the Clock Tower.

He is so full of himself that he will win the war, but in the end, he dies and leaves his daughter behind to be the one paying all his debt.

Heh. What an unfortunate life I have been living. A magus who cannot practice their craft because I cannot afford to buy even the cheapest gem. All of Tohsaka Gem has already been taken away by the loaner, and the only reason I did not get taken and become a slave for some old noble is that the Fake Priest decided to interfere.

While I did not like him, Fake Priest had a strong influence over the magus that came here.

However, it will change when I reach eighteen, where I will be labeled as an adult. When that time comes, if the old noble comes to me and decides to kidnap me and experiment on my body, nobody can stop him, for I owe him a great debt.

I did not know what my father was thinking at the time. Maybe it was his arrogance, maybe it was his superior mindset, or maybe it was his ignorance. I don't know. He decided to loan five billion US dollars worth of jewels and mystic codes.

From the day my father died in the war, I have eaten nothing but instant noodles that the Fake Priest gave to me. Sometimes, I will eat the mapo tofu he brings with me. That is also one of the reasons why I hate him. That bastard wants to see me suffer from eating that abomination.

The only reason why I'm in the school is because of hard work in learning all the books and because the church decided to pay for my education.

I look at the last jewel my family has. The heirloom to the Tohsaka family. The jewel passed down from generation to generation, and I will use it to summon a servant in the incoming war.

I look at my right hand and frown when I see the red tattoo on my hand. I don't know why the grail wants me as the participant of the Holy Grail War. I hate the Grail, and I hate the Holy Grail War. I did not want anything involving it.

The only thing I want is to live happily and my belly full. I did not want to reach Root. I already forgot that dream. That dream is the one that killed my father. The one that caused me to be in this situation.

No, I want to live happily without this debt bearing down on my back.

12