Chapter 37: First Night
705 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

"All humans need their wielder, Shirou. We are a sword. We need someone we are willing to give ourselves to. Someone that you are willing to protect with all your being. As for me, my wielder is Irisviel, my deceased wife. When you find your wielder, never let them go because your being will always feel empty. More empty than the time you did not have a wielder."

Shirou still remembers Kiritsugu's words like they were being said yesterday. When he was but a child, he did not think about it very much. However, as the time came and the emptiness of his heart continued to grow, he knew what his father meant.

He was a sword, just like his origin and element. Sword is nothing but a rusty metal if no one wields it.

Shirou tries to fill that emptiness by helping all the people around him, but it is still not working. He likes helping people from the bottom of his heart, but it still cannot fill his empty being.

Even today, he still searches for that hand that wants to wield him and make him a sharp sword once again.

*BOOM*

Shirou snapped from his thoughts when he heard an explosion happening in the schoolyard. Shirou quickly ran toward the sound and saw two men fighting. One of them is a man with blue hair, wearing blue tight armor and holding a long red spear. The other man is wearing black armor and a red coat and holding a twin sword.

When his eye lands on the twin sword the white-haired man is holding, his head hurts as a foreign knowledge gets inside his head.

He stumbles back, and his feet step on a wood branch.

"Who's there!"

The blue-haired man shouted and looked in Shirou's direction. This man is the legendary Cu Chulainn. The Irish equivalent of the Greek Heracles.

"Tch. A witness. We will continue this fight another time. I need to take care of the witness."

Archer unequipped his twin sword and nodded his head. He already knows this will happen. He is very familiar with this event. He experienced this in the past. The day that he doomed himself. He is, after all, the future self of Shirou Emiya.

Or at least it was his thinking. EMIYA and Shirou Emiya have different personalities and destinies.

On the other side of the school is Lancer with his spear in hand. This is Cu Chulainn, the hound of Culann hunting for his prey. When he found his target running through the empty street of Fuyuki city, Lancer threw his spear Gae Bolg and once again, the spear tasted human blood after a long time.

Shirou lying on the ground with a spear in his chest. He looked at the dark sky filled with stars while his body was bleeding out.

Lancer lands on the ground and takes out his spear from Shirou's body.

"No hard feeling, kid. This is the rule of the war. I prefer killing a warrior than a civilian. May the gods give you a good new life."

Lancer jumps away from Shirou who's body begins to get paler as the blood inside his body slowly gets depleted.

"No… I cannot die yet. I… Have… Not… Find… My… Wielder…"

He tries to move his body, but his body cannot move. Shirou can only look at the sky with regret for not being able to find his wielder.

"Then, I will become your wielder, Shirou Emiya."

Shirou looks to the left and sees a young man with blonde hair, and following him from behind are two women. They are Riser, Medea, and Hermione. Riser takes the briefcase from Hermione and takes out a pawn piece.

"Shirou Emiya, you will be reborn as my pawn. Be reincarnated and become my sword!"

After Riser said that, Shirou's vision gets consumed by an orange light a second later; he doesn't know anymore.

After reincarnating him, Riser picked Shirou up and teleported to his base. A few seconds after Riser and his companion disappear, Archer lands on where Shirou used to be. Archer frowned when he did not see the corpse of his younger self.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, this is Shirou Emiya."

"Yup."

"He did not like much. He is stupid enough to abandon his natural Magic Circuit and use a makeshift magic circuit. If not for his newly acquired Magical Core and how your Phoenix Tear repaired his magic circuit and awakened it, I think he cannot become a magus."

"Don't be like that, Medea. He has something that even you didn't have after all."

"Hmph. I'm a magus coming from the Age of Gods. I did not think this boy had something I did not have."

"He has a Reality Marble."

"What?!?"

I chuckle a little at the shocked face of Medea, who looks at Shirou with a new light. However, my smile stops when I see the way she looks at Shirou, and I take the newspaper on the table, roll it up, and gently slap Medea's head with it.

"No. Bad Medea. Bad!"

"Stop it!"

"Then stop dissecting Shirou with your eyes. You cannot experiment on him."

I give her a quick kiss on her pouting cheek and say.

"Come on. We should let him rest. While my evil piece heals him enough for him to survive, it still burns out a huge amount of his stamina. We should let him rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Shirou Emiya POV|

"GAH!"

I sit down and begin to check my body.

"Huh? That is impossible."

There is no hole in my chest. There is not a single wound on my body. What happened? Was it just a dream? No.

I look around the room and see that I'm not inside my house. I get up from the bed and walk toward the door. I open the door and am greeted by a man coming from the left holding a bag in his hand.

"Oh! You already woke up. Come on. Riser already cooked some food for all of us."

"Ano… can I ask you where am I?"

"You are in a mansion near the church. Come on. Riser will be the one explaining it to you."

I decide to follow him and look around the mansion. I take a deep breath and smell something weird. I can smell the scent of dirt and steel.

When we arrive in the dining room, the scent gets stronger. When I step inside the room, I can see five people sitting on chairs around the table. The scent of Fire and Dirt is coming from the young man that is cooking in the kitchen. The scent of Fire and Ice coming from the young woman with brown hair. The scent of herbs is coming from the woman in purple hair. The scent of herbs, medicine, and dirt is coming from the young woman with pink hair. Lastly, the woman with blonde hair has the scent of lightning and steel.

"Oi, Shirou! What are you standing there and not moving? Come on, have a seat. Riser will explain your situation to you."

Should I tell him that I did not know who this Riser is? He did not even reveal the gender of this Riser. By the sound of it, it was like the name of a man, but I did not want to presume much. It wasn't polite.

I sit down on the chair and wait for a few minutes before seeing the young man come to the table and put down the food on the table.

"Ah! Let me help you."

The young man smiles at me and shakes his head before saying.

"Don't need to worry. You are the guest of this house. Just sit and enjoy."

I hesitated for a second before nodding my head and letting the young man put down all the food on the table. After I finished putting all the food on the table, the young man looked at me and said,

"You must be confused. First thing first, let me introduce myself to you. My name is Riser Phenex. It is nice to meet you."

16