Chapter 38: Worm
629 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I see."

Shirou nods his head and looks at the ground. I already explained his situation to him, and I'm a little disappointed at his reaction. I thought that he would have a shocked expression, but here he did not have any reaction.

After a minute of silence, he says.

"Then I will be in your care, my king."

"Woah. Woah. Hold it there. While technically I'm your king, I didn't really like being called that. Just call me Riser. You are a member of my peerage, which means you are a member of my family. A family did not need formality."

"I see. Then, I will be in your care, Riser."

"Good. Welcome to the family, Shirou."

~A few hours later~

"Good. That is your innate power. Now, activate your projection and access the sword from your inner world."

Right now, I'm training Shirou in utilizing his power. Medea will be the one trying to teach Shirou a formal magecraft later.

After a few seconds, I can see Shirou's arm begin to glow, and suddenly a rather familiar twin sword appears in front of me. Wait, did Shirou already copy Kanshou and Byakuya from the fight between Lancer and Archer? Huh, I did not know that.

"Kanshou and Byakuya. This is bizarre and feels natural."

"What do you mean?"

"When I hold this sword, I know how to use it. I know which style was used by the previous owner of this sword, and… one of the owners is disturbing me."

"Ah… EMIYA?"

"Yeah. He… killed that many people using this sword. The Counter Guardian EMIYA"

"Are you afraid of becoming like that man?"

"Yeah…. My father said the other thing he regrets never being able to do is becoming a justice hero. However, he also said that to become a hero means to become a villain to others. He said that we could not save everyone because that is something impossible. EMIYA did not get that advice. His ideal is too narrow, and he is too blinded by that ideal he forgets that he is a sword. A sword cannot wield a sword. He lost his wielder because he chose his ideal rather than what was needed. Because of this reason, he killed his own wielder."

This is another thing I notice that is really different from the canon Shiou. He is not an idiot that dead set wants to become an Ally of Justice. This Shirou did not want that. Don't get me wrong. He still wants to help others, but he will not do that if it harms his family.

"Then don't become like him. You will not become him as you have us, your family."

"Family, huh."

"Come on. Hugo wants to spar with you."

~Thirty minutes later~

You know… The fanfic says Shirou's fighting style is full of holes and suicidal because he wants to lure his enemy into attacking his honey lure? That is not the case in real life.

Shirou's stance is solid without a hole, as far as I can see.

While his stance is more focused on parry and counterattack, it was not full of holes.

"Heh! He is not bad. With his new physical power, he can keep up with Hugo."

"Really, Mo-san?"

"Don't call me Mo-san, you bastard!"

"But I once saw you blushing when Hugo called you Mo-chan."

"N-No! I'm not blushing. A-Anyway! That redhead can keep up with Hugo's fast attack, but he cannot keep up much longer."

I nod my head and look at Shirou, who is sweating like crazy.

"How long do you think Shirou will last, Saber?"

"Three minutes. If Hugo continues with this pace, he will be defeated in three minutes."

"Do you think Shirou can win?"

"If it continues like this? No. However, if he can exploit Hugo holding back against him, he has a chance to win. Not a big chance but a chance nonetheless."

Shirou parries another Hugo's attack and does his own counterattack. However, instead of waiting for another attack, Shirou decided to throw Kanshou toward Hugo. Hugo easily dodges the attack and continues his attack. Shirou creates another Kanshou and blocks Hugo's attack, and pushes him away before throwing another Kanshou.

Block, Counter, Throw, Block, Counter, Throw.

This happens for a minute, and I can do what Shirou wants to do. I can see ten swords coming from the sky and flying toward Hugo's back. Hugo looked at his back and was ready to block all the swords.

Seeing his chance, Shirou gets up and is ready to attack Hugo. However, before Shirou could get close, Hugo tackled Shirou, put the redhead on the ground, and placed his sword near Shirou's neck.

While holding Shirou down, Hugo takes out his sword sheath and blocks the swords. After blocking all the swords coming at him, Hugo smirks at Shirou and says.

"I win."

After saying that, Hugo helps Shirou get up from the ground, and I can see all the swords disappear. Shirou cleans up his clothes and smiles at Hugo before saying.

"Yes. You win."

"Don't say it like that. You are good, Shirou! A few months or a year of constant training, I think you will become a powerful individual."

"Thank you."

Shirou and Hugo walk toward me. I give him a thumbs up and say.

"Good job Shirou. This is your first real fight, and you can keep up with Hugo. Come on. It is already 10 AM. I will cook some lunch for all of us."

"Wait. 10 AM?"

"Yes."

"I need to go back. Taiga-nee will… become more Taiga when I do not feed her."

"Do you need a lift? I can teleport you there if you want."

"Yes. Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sakura Matou POV|

I grit my teeth when I feel the pain coming from my chest. Since my grandfather put something inside my chest, I continue to feel pain every now and then. I did not know what my grandfather put inside my body, but every time I ask him about it, the only answer I get is a sinister smile.

I can also feel the worms inside my body begin to act up because I did not feed them with men's body fluid.

When I arrive in front of Shirou Senpai's house, I smile a little. This is the only place I can forget what my family does to me. The place where the man who I want to spend my life with. The light that shines through the darkness that is me.

I unlock the gate with the keys senpai gave to me and walk inside the compound. I knock at the door, and I can hear the senpai's voice. A few seconds later, the door opens up, and I can see senpai smiling at me.

"Ah, Sakura! Welcome back. Come, let's get inside. I'm currently preparing some food before Fuji-nee gets here."

"Ah, let me help you."

"Don't worry about it, Sakura. I can do it by myself."

"But I'm happy to help you, senpai."

"I see. Then I will leave the ingredient preparation to you, Sakura."

"Yes! Leave it to me, senpai!"

"Ah. I need to tell you that I have a guest."

"Really?"

"Yes. They are acquaintances of my father."

"I see."

When I get inside the dining room, I can feel my body tackled to the ground, and I hear shouting.

"Medea-san! What are you doing?!? She is my friend!"

I open my eyes and see a woman with purple hair looking at me with a frown on her face.

"This girl…. Is possessed. No. Not possessed. There is a leech inside her body, and that leech carries the soul of someone."

I widen up my eyes when I hear what the woman says.

"This girl is full of worms."

11