Chapter 39: Operation
613 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is happening?"

I look at Shirou, who has a worried expression as Sakura gets taken away by Medea. Both Shirou and I follow Medea to the dining room, where I see her place Sakura on the table.

"How's the situation, Caster?"

When I say Medea class, I can see Sakura widen her eyes. I can see her look at her hand for a second before deciding that it was not a good idea.

"She has a massive amount of worm inside her body, and it feels foul. That thought carries even more foulness inside of it. I never feel a more foul soul than this thing carries, and I lived in the Age of Gods where many people try to attain immortality."

Yeah, I can feel the foul energy coming from Sakura. However, I did not feel or see the worm inside her, and I didn't even tell Medea about the Sakura problem.

"Medea, how can you feel the worm inside her body?"

"Tch. This kind of thing is easy to feel. Everyone that wants to attain immortality will always smell like a corpse. What makes me know there is a worm inside her body is because I can feel many of them inside of her instead of one."

Now that I look at it, yeah, she is right. They are tightly together, and I think they are one source of things. Damn, I should train my energy sensing skill.

"Now, hold tight. I will purge all those worms from inside your body."

"No! No! Please don't do that. My Grandfather will notice, and he will come here."

"Oh, he will notice alright, he will notice and scream in pain. Now, sit still and endure the pain."

Before Sakura could say anything, A massive magic circle appeared above Sakura and held her down.

"Master, I need a vial of the Phoenix Tears prepared. This process will break her body, but I will make sure her body is stable enough for her to survive. If it were a regular process, I would not need your tears, but there is something that needs to be extracted from her heart."

"There is something you need to extract from inside her?"

"Yes. Something that feeds those worms."

I nod my head and take out a vial of Phoenix Tear. Seeing me ready to pour the Phoenix Tear at any moment, Medea creates another magic circle above Sakura, and I can see her make an incision around Sakura's neck.

However, to my surprise, there is no blood coming from it. However, what happened next disturb me. Coming from the incision is a huge worm-like creature. It was more like a leech rather than a worm. What makes that thing even worse is that it has massive teeth.

"That thing is inside Sakura?"

Medea nods her head and continues her operation. One by one, Medea successfully extracts the worm inside Sakura's body. It lasted for a few minutes, and after the seventieth worm was extracted and put down inside the magic circle, Medea finished his operation.

"Is it finished?"

Medea looks at Shirou and says.

"No. There are at least a dozen or so worms inside her chest area."

"Then why didn't you take it out from her body?"

"Patient, boy."

Shirou shut his mouth when Medea said that.

"Why didn't you make her sleep, Medea?"

Medea looks at me and says.

"No, can't do it, master. I need her to be conscious, so whoever put all those worms inside her body did not notice her."

"I thought you wanted him to notice?"

"Not right away. I needed a little preparation before I could notify her grandfather. There is also a reason that I did not want the old man to cut the connection between his soul and this worm we had."

Ah. That means she wants to torture Zouken personally. I don't know what to think about that. On the one hand, I want to destroy all those worms immediately. On the other hand, I want that creepy old man to suffer.

"Master, please get close because I need you to pour the Phoenix Tear into her body the second I say it. I will open up her chest."

Medea then looks at Sakura before saying,

"This will hurt. I hope you understand."

"Don't worry about it. I am already used to pain."

I resist the urge to hug her when I see that blank expression of Sakura. I did not know what kind of pain she needed to endure every time that old man threw her into that worm pit, but by the look of her expression, it really hurt.

"Very well. Let us start the second operation."

I can see Medea open up Sakura's chest from under her neck to under her belly. I can see the organ inside Sakura, and like before, there is no blood coming out. I almost threw up seeing what was inside Sakura.

Fifteen worms are crawling inside her body and biting her organs, feeding on her organs and blood.

Medea takes out the worm from the gap of her ribs and places it inside the magic circle among the other worms. One by one, the worms get taken away and only leave one worm inside Sakura's body. The one that is on her heart.

Medea carefully moved her hand and took out two things from her heart. A piece of black metal and a big worm.

"Master!"

Without hesitation, I pour the Phoenix Tear inside Sakura's body, and I can see her body begin to glow for a moment before it disappears. Medea closes the incision before releasing a relief breath.

"The operation is finished. You should feel light, and there is no more pain coming from inside your body."

Sakura looks at her body before nodding her head.

"Yes… The pain is gone… I'm free… Thank you… Thank you…"

Medea gives Sakura a rare smile before letting Shirou come and hug her tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Shirou Emiya POV|

Sakura and I sit down on the floor while looking at the moon. I did not know that Sakura experienced that kind of thing. If not for Caster and Riser, she will be dead and continue to be r*aped by her own brother.

Speaking of her brother, I need to punch him.

After hearing her life story, I decided to let Sakura stay inside my home. I did not want her to return to that place.

"Why?"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Sakura saying something.

"Hmmm? What is it, Sakura?"

"Why? Why do you still accept me? I'm not the pure woman you thought I was. I'm impure. I have already been used. I'm nothing but a used thing."

"No."

I say it with a stern voice.

"No. Never say it ever again. You are not a used thing. You are Sakura, my kohai, and my friend. So what if you are not a so-called pure woman anymore? Your actions speak louder. You are kind, you are patient, and you are willing to help others. You are purer than other women I have met"

I said it while looking at Sakura's eyes, and when I saw her ready to burst into tears, I hugged her tightly. While she is not my wielder, I want to become a part of life. I want to be her hero. I want to be the pillar to her, like Riser, who gives me purpose in life.

"Well... I did not want to interrupt you two, but I need to obey the rule of secrecy."

I Immediately get in front of Sakura and see the intruder. I can see a familiar blue man get down from the wall with a rather familiar spear.

"I'm sorry, kid, I did not want to do this, but this is the rule."

I quickly trace Kanshou and Byakuya before entering my fighting stance. I already knew the identity of the man in front of me when the information of his spear appeared inside my head. He is Cu Chulainn, the legendary hero from Irish Mythology.

Lancer widened when he saw me tracing the twin sword. I did not let him say something as I was already charging at him with my sword in hand.

14