Chapter 40: Lancer
656 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Shirou opened the battle by making a slicing motion toward Lancer and blocked it with ease. With one of his swords getting blocked, Shirou uses his other sword to attack Lancer.

Lancer uses the other side of his spear to block Shirou's sword before he kicks Shirou away from him. He did not need to kill Shirou as he already knew that this little boy is not a non-magus. However, seeing the fire in Shirou's eyes, he decided to give this little guy a chance to fight.

Shirou blocks the spear with both of his swords before pushing the spear away and rolling away to the right before throwing his sword at Lancer. Lancer easily dodges the attack and continues to attack Shirou with a flurry of attacks.

Shirou blocks each of the attacks. From the left, right, and center. The attack stopped when Lancer suddenly looked at his back and blocked the sword that Shirou threw earlier.

Seeing Lancer get distracted, Shirou charges at him and attacks him with his swords. However, it was useless as Lancer quickly blocked it with his spear and kicked Shirou away.

"Senpai!"

Sakura quickly gets to Shirou and checks if he is okay. She begins to regret giving her brother Rider as she wants to call her quickly here and help her senpai. All she can do now is helplessly look at her senpai.

Shirou wipes away the blood coming from his mouth and creates another pair of swords. However, before Shirou could say anything, Lancer beat him to it.

"Woah, slow down there, kid. I did not want to kill you anymore."

Shirou looked at him with a surprised expression before saying.

"Wait. What?"

"Yeah, I come here thinking you are a non-magus witness. It is a known rule that we need to kill a non-magus that witnessed the war."

Shirou puts down his weapon, but he is ready to summon it once again if the situation needs it and says.

"So the reason why you killed me is that you thought that I'm a non-magus person?"

"That is right. Anyway, the situation is cleared; I need to continue my patrol. Also, it would be best if you honed your reflex. It was good but not good enough for a servant."

Before Lancer could get away, he is surrounded by Riser and his companion. Hugo, Sakura, and Saber pointed their weapons at Lancer. Riser, Hermione, and Medea create a magic circle around Lancer and are ready to fire it toward him.

Before the others tried to attack Lancer, Shirou shouted.

"Wait! Wait! He did not come here to kill me."

Riser looks at Shirou with a raised eyebrow and says.

"What? You look like someone who just got beaten up."

"Well… It was me who attacked him first."

Riser looks at Shirou for a few seconds before dismissing his magic circle, followed by the other. Lancer also relaxed when Riser and companion put down their weapon and spell. Lancer looks at Shirou and says.

"Heh, thanks, kid."

Riser, look at Shirou before saying.

"You know we are having a heart attack when I suddenly feel the bounded field around your house is breached. I did not feel it at first, and even Medea needed a few minutes to feel Lancer had breached the bounded field."

Riser looks at Lancer, who has a smug smile. Riser knows that Lancer is the master of runic magic. However, he never thought that Lancer could get into a bounded field created by Medea.

"Wait! We canceled the fight?!? Come on!"

Saber, Mordred, who is itching to have a good fight, shouts in disappointment. While her class is Saber, she is more like a Berserker who really likes to fight.

"Oi, blue man. Fight with me."

Without an alert, Saber kicks Lancer away. Even with that speed, Lancer successfully blocked a Saber kick. After landing on the ground, Lancer has a smile that makes him look more like a wolf than a human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look at Saber and Lancer exchanging blow by blow. I can see why both Saber and Lancer are powerful servants. I can barely see their movement. I can see why Lancer is compared to Heracles.

Even when his body is wounded from Mordred's attack, he still attacks her with all his might as if it was a small injury. However, what interested me is the spear that Lancer uses. The longer the fight is, the bigger the bloodlust released by the spear.

I feel bad for Shirou because his house is getting obliterated by the shockwave of the fight between Saber and Lancer.

After ending another deadlock, Mordred wipes blood from her cheek and says.

"Heh! You are one tough cookie, blue man."

"The same to you. I never thought that I would fight a powerful opponent like you. However, our fight is over."

"What?!?"

"My master is already demanding that I go back."

"Tch. What is your name?"

Lancer looks at Mordred for a few seconds before saying.

"Heh, the name is Cu Chulainn."

"The name is Mordred. Let's fight again next time. Before then, make sure you did not die."

"Heh. Yeah, see you next time."

With that being said, Lancer gets away, and I can see the yard is destroyed, and a quarter of Shirou's house is also destroyed. I snap my finger, create a magic circle around the compound, and repair it to its original state.

"Sorry for the late reinforcement, Shirou. We know about the barrier being breached just now."

"It's okay, Riser. That man is holding back when he fights me."

"Yeah. Lancer is a battle maniac, but he is an honorable sort. He did not like killing you the other day, but he needs to follow the rule."

"The rule that says killing all witnesses?"

"A non-magus witness. A magus is an exception to this rule."

"I see."

I look at Shirou's reaction and raise my eyebrow before saying.

"You will not try to defeat them all, will you? You want to save the innocent by defeating them."

"Yes, I will do that. However, I will not do that by fighting them all. I'm not that stupid. No. I will try to rescue the innocent from the area where the servant is fighting."

I nod my head and say.

"Good. Saving people is good and even great but charging ahead without thinking is a fool."

"I know. After fighting Lancer, I know I cannot defeat a servant with regular means. I need to get stronger, to protect the people I love and become the hero they need."

I smile a little when I see Shirou look at Sakura, who is blushing after hearing such conviction.

"Then we will continue to train. After you finish school, we will continue your training. You can also come, Sakura. Don't worry about your grandfather. By the end of the day, he will be no more. Medea already finished the ritual."

Sakura looked at me right in the eyes before bowing to me.

"Thank you. Thank you very much."

"Think nothing of it. Anyway, I think we should get going now. You can stay here, right, Shirou?"

Shirou nods his head and says.

"Of course! She can stay here as long as she wants."

"Good. Anyway, we will go now. There is a movement in your school, and we will investigate it now."

After saying that, my companion and I walk away from Shirou's house and get ready to go to the school where Rider fights against Archer.

Sorry Sakura, it looks like we killed not only your grandfather but also your brother.

15