Chapter 42: Berserker
599 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Shirou barely dodges the incoming attack of the giant in front of him. This giant is Heracles and the servant to one individual, Illyasviel von Einzbern. The reason why she ordered her servant to attack Shirou? She wants to kill him for taking Kiritsugu from her.

It was a peaceful night where Shirou, Sakura, Hermione, and Medea practiced magecraft together.

However, their peace gets disturbed by Berserker trying to tear apart the bounded field around Emiya Compound. The four of them decide to confront the intruder, and here they are fighting Illya and her servant.

"▂▂▃▃▅▅!▂▂▃▃▅▅!!!"

"Urgh"

Even with the enchantment Caster gave him, Berserker's attack still hurt him. Each hit Berserker delivers is like getting hit by a truck. While Shirou is the one fighting Heracles face to face, Hermione and Medea support him from afar by showering Berserker with a powerful spell.

However, it did not do much damage.

Shirou already knows about this and decides to change his weapon. Right now, he only has three weapons inside his reality marble. Kanshou and Byakuya, Gae Bolg, and Sierra (Hugo's sword).

And right now, he needs piercing damage. Sierra can create an energy crescent, but it was not as powerful as Gae Bolg, and this is why he decided to choose this weapon. Once his hand touches the spear, he can feel the hound of Culann's skill seeping into his being.

Shirou takes a familiar stance and charges toward Heracles. Unlike Kanshou and Byakuya that use a block and counter-attack style, Gae Bolg uses an all-out fighting style.

Just like a pack of wolves attacking their prey, they did not let them away easily and continued to attack it mercilessly, and that is Shirou's fighting style right now. Instead of blocking, Shirou decides to dodge the incoming attack.

On the other side of the battlefield is Illya seeing the battle with widened eyes. She never thought that her brother could fight toe-to-toe against her servant. Even though both Hermione and Medea helped him, it was still an impressive feat.

*BOOM*

Once again, Shirou gets thrown away by Heracles' stone ax. He can feel half of his ribs cracked from that attack. Lucky for him, he is a devil and gets some boost from a Medea item. If not for that, he would already be dead by now.

Shirou shakes his head and feels Hermione fly down to him and begin to heal him. Shirou shakes his head and says.

"Hermione-san, please get away from here."

"What? No! You are part of the family. I will not abandon my family."

"Ah, that is not what I mean. I want to activate Gae Bolg's power."

Hermione raised one of her eyebrows for a few seconds before nodding her head. After healing him, Hermione flies to the sky and sees Shirou twirl his spear for a second before taking a throwing stance.

"Target has been locked. Your target is in front of you! Pierce their heart! Gae Bolg!"

Shirou throws the cursed spear with all his might and sees it soar toward Heracles.

"▃▅▅!!"

Berserker decides to face the cursed spear head-on and use his weapon like a baseball bat.

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

It takes a few seconds before Berserker could hit the spear away from him. However, instead of getting away, the spear changes direction and stabs Heracles through the heart.

"▂▃…."

Shirou releases a relief breath before walking toward Illya. However, before he could walk far away, Medea stopped him by saying.

"Stop! He is not dead yet. My former companion will not get down easily."

And true to Medea's word, Berserker got up from the ground and roared even madder than before. The hole on Heracles' chest quickly closed up, and he looked at Shirou before running at him like a mad bull.

Before Berserker could get far, Medea already cast her spell that restrained Berserker. However, it did not last long, but it was long enough for the reinforcement to come.

A flash of crimson lightning meets Berserker head-on and holds him in his place.

"Woah there, big guy! Your enemy is me!"

Mordred pushes Heracles away with a mana burst and begins to attack him wildly. Riser and Hugo appear next to Shirou and look at the fight between Saber and Berserker.

Saber knows that Hugo can handle her mana consumption, and boy does she exploit that. Each of her attacks is enchanted by Mana Burst, and it was like I was watching a berserker fight against the Saber Alter in the Heaven Feel.

A constant sword beam getting thrown away by Mordred is insane. However, even if he looks struggling against Mordred's wild attack, Berserker is still a well-known hero. He is the strongest Greek hero, after all, and he can do a counterattack.

"▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

With a mighty roar, Berserker deflected Saber's attack and kicked her away. After kicking the saber away, Berserker destroys the wall next to him and throws a massive concrete wall at her location.

Saber, who gets up from the ground, raises her sword and slices the wall that is coming at her. However, when she slices the last piece of stone, she can see Heracles appear from behind the stone and smack Saber with his ax.

Heracles disappear after he smacks Saber away, appears above her mid-fly, and swings his ax down, creating a massive crater. Saber successfully blocks Heracles' attack, currently struggling to move.

While both of them are on a deathlock, Medea is ready to cast her signature spell.

"Βροχή Φωτός"

Ten magic circles appear around Medea, and coming from it is the laser beam. I rain from the side and blast Heracles away from Mordred. The spell is powerful enough to make a hole in Heracles' body.

Just like before, Heracles got up once again, but before he could do anything, a chain got around him and locked his movement. It was Rider. Sakura decides to help his senpai companion fight against the Berserker.

While struggling against Rider's chain, Shirou appears from the sky, and he is holding a familiar Stone Axe. It was Berserker's weapon.

He successfully scans the weapon, and he already gets the history and the skill of Heracles the Great, and right now, he tries to use one of those said skills.

"Nine Lives Blade Works!"

Eight almost instantaneous strikes attack Berserker's upper arm, collarbone, windpipe, temple, diaphragm, rib, testicles, and thighs. Shirou then finishes this technique by thrusting the stone sword-ax into Heracles' heart.

Once again, Berserker is dead, and once again, he is resurrected by his noble phantasm. Mordred is already preparing her noble phantasm and ready to kill Berserker once again.

However, before the Berserker could attack Shirou, Illya decided it was enough.

"Berserker!"

She knows that if that Noble Phantasm hits her servant, Berserker will be gone for good. Illya looked at Shirou, and a tear fell down from her eyes.

"I see. I understand now. This is why Kiritsugu took you and abandoned me. This is the reason why papa chose you… I'm nothing but a doll… I'm nothing but a tool… Grandpa is correct… I'm nothing but a tool to the Eiznbern family. I'm nothing but a useless tool. I can see it now. Goodbye, brother. You deserve the name of Emiya."

Before Illya could go, Shirou shouted.

"Wait!"

Illya looks at her back and sees Shirou running toward him. Heracles tries to stop Shirou, but Illya decides to stop him. When Shirou arrives in front of Illya, he kneels down and hugs her.

Illya did not know what happened, but she felt a warm feeling she had never felt in a long time. The feeling that she feels when both her mama and papa hug her.

"Papa… Mama… I miss you…I miss you… I miss you so much…."

Just like that, Shirou's Harem Protagonist [EX] skill work and make the murder loli docile.

What a terrifying skill.

13