Chapter 58: Interlude
551 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

Riser congratulated Sakura when she arrived at their group.

"Good job, Sakura."

"Thank you."

"You don't need to fight anymore. Rin will go next. Not saying you cannot fight again, Sakura, but you already used most of your teleportation spell, right?"

"Not most. All of them. The last move needs all of them."

"Then my decision will stand. I know you still have the sword Shirou gave to you, but I think you have done enough."

Sakura nodded her head and agreed with Riser's decision. Not only her teleportation spell, but her reserve was also almost depleted. The last spell really drains her reserve. Sakura still has her Magic Circuit, but she knows it was not enough.

If she decides to fight again, her enemy will be a knight, and she does not know if she can keep up with a knight for long.

"Understood. That means, Rin-Neesan will be the one fighting next?"

"Yes."

Riser nodded his head before looking at the twintails young woman next to him before saying.

"Rin, your next opponent is Robin Handerson. He is a knight that specializes in hidden weapons. He is a good hand-to-hand combat fighter but what you should watch out for is his special ability."

Riser takes a deep breath before saying.

"Robin has the ability to change 'states' by seemingly altering the way time or physics work in relation to himself, speeding up at the cost of reduced ability to affect the world. When he gets into this state, he can move very fast. Not only that, at this stage, his body gets enchanted ten times the original making him a combination of both Rook and Knight. Lucky for you, he needs time to get into his full speed. Not only that, you can break this state by either making him stop or hit him hard enough for him to fall to the ground. In this state, he cannot really attack. He still can attack you, but it will not do much. This state prevents him from lifting even small objects like cups and pitchers, and it makes his punches almost as weak as an eight-year-old's human at high speeds, more like a very strong, sentient wind than anything else when attacking."

Rin nodded her head and said.

"I see. However, he already compensated for it, right? You said that he is a master of hidden weapons, meaning he has a knife in his hand. While he cannot lift a weapon on the ground, his state still allows him to attach a weapon on his body like a knife."

"Correct. He has a hidden blade around his wrist that he can extend or retract at will."

"I see."

Before Riser could say more things, Valerie announced it was time for the next fight. Riser nods his head and looks at Rin.

"Good luck."

Rin nodded at Riser before walking toward the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Karnelly Zepar POV|

I look at the young woman walking toward the stage and frown a little. I know it. Riser decided to switch to his other peerage member.

I look at the young woman from head to toe before frowning once again. I cannot determine which style this woman uses. She looks like someone who uses magic from the look alone, but she did not bring any staff.

Staff is not really important for a very powerful magician as they can cast their spell with a powerful effect without a staff. However, they still use it as the staff reduces mana consumption by at least ten percent.

By this logic, Rin Tohsaka is either a very powerful magician or a close combat fighter.

I don't know what will happen, but I know that Robin will try his hardest to beat Rin Tohsaka. I hope it was not a fast fight. I want Robin to prove that my peerage is not a low-class peerage that cannot give Riser's peerage a sweat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Amaterasu POV|

"Have you ordered the others to look into this Rin Tohsaka, brother?"

"Yes. Do you want me to bring the report here?"

"No. Tell them to bring it to my office. I will look into it later."

I look at the young girl who walks onto the stage and smiles a little. I get a mixed feeling inside my heart. On the one hand, this fight shows how talented the people from Japan are, but on the other hand, I'm irritated that the devil recruits those talented people.

I want new talented blood to bloom in my land, but they cannot do it because of those five clans. On paper, they are an ally, but in reality, they are each other's throats. If one of the clans gets new powerful blood being adopted by them, the other will try their hardest to kill whoever they are.

This is the reason why many talented people in Japan decide to suppress their talent so they will not get scouted by the five families. If they get recruited, be it willingly or forced, they have a massive chance of being murdered.

I want to destroy those five families, but by doing so, I will get the wrath of other gods that protect those five families. I don't want a civil war. I have the confidence to win the war, but the consequences are too big for me.

I don't want to be like the Mesopotamian pantheon who was wiped out from an excessive civil war.

While I cannot get them to work directly for the Shinto faction, I can make a friendly relationship with them. There is nothing wrong with having a friendly relationship with people with high potential, especially if they come from my country.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Rin looks at her opponent and takes a deep breath. The opponent in front of her is wearing black skin-tight armor. She can see a gauntlet around his arms, and she knows that it was where the hidden blade came from.

"Are you two ready?"

Rin decides to check her equipment for the last time. A pouch filled with gems that she personally created using the technique passed down by her ancestor, Twenty of Illya's hairs, Jeweled Sword of Zelretch, and lastly, an offensive potion Medea brewed for her.

After checking all of them, Rin looks at Valerie and nods her head.

"Good! You will get teleported now!"

A second later, Robin and Rin get teleported into the arena. The arena this time is inside a dojo.

14