Chapter 65
476 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know, I never thought I would meet Koneko in a place like this. I guess I should call her Shirone now as she has yet to become Koneko.

I look to the side and see the white-haired little girl being pampered by Rias, who compared her to a kitten, and I cannot blame her. Shirone is the embodiment of a kitten.

"Where are your parents, Shirone?"

My mother decided to ask the little girl with a kind voice.

"They are working."

"Really? So, you are here alone?"

"Nu'u. My sister is with me."

"Oh? Then can I ask where she is?"

Before Shirone could answer my mother's question, I heard a voice calling Shirone from my left.

"Shirone!"

I look at the source of the voice and see a young girl around the age of fifteen. She is wearing a black and red kimono and has a magatama necklace around her neck. I know who she is. She is Kuroka, Shirone's sister.

"Big sis!"

Shirone gets up and begins to run toward Kuroka. A second later, Kuroka was glomped on by Shirone.

"I have been searching for you the entire time, you know? I'm worried."

"I'm sorry, but I'm with Ri-chan!"

"Ri-chan?"

"En. Come on!"

I can see Kuroka widen her eyes when she sees my family and me. When Shirone arrived in front of us, Kuroka immediately bowed to my parents and Rias' parents.

"Big sis?"

Shirone looks at her sister with a confused expression.

"It is nice to meet you, my lord, my lady. I'm sorry for my sister's behavior. I'm sorry for the late introduction. My name is Kuroka, nya."

"Think nothing of it, dear. Shirone over here is a cutie. Please join us. My son cooks too much food, and I don't think we can finish all of it."

That is a lie.  I don't think what I cook is enough for them.

"A-are you sure? We did not want to disturb your family time, my lady."

"Don't worry about it. The more, the merrier, dear."

"... If you are sure. Thank you, my lady."

"Call me Valerie, dear."

I take one sandwich and give it to Kuroka and say,

"Welcome to the most chaotic picnic you will ever experience."

"Chaotic picnic? I did not see the chaotic part, nya."

"Wait for a few minutes, and you will see. Anyway, the name is Riser Phenex. Nice to meet you."

"I know who you are, nya. I see your fight against Karnelly-sama."

"Really? You watch that, huh?"

"Of course. Almost all the people in the underworld watch it. You are a celebrity in the Rating Game arena. I have already heard about you being crowned as the rising star in the Rating Game."

"Really? I don't know about that."

"Yup."

Kuroka nodded her head and took a bite of the sandwich I gave to her. I chuckle a little at the suppressed moan Kuroka released from her mouth. Kuroka is really different from what she is in the canon timeline.

In the canon timeline, Kuroka did not have any respect for authority and noble family because of her experience in them. Here she still trusts the nobleman, for we have not wronged her just yet, and I will try to prevent that.

By the look of it, her parents have been killed because of an accident in their experiment. I don't know if I can prevent that accident while also killing their father at the same time. I don't know what would happen if I let Kuroka and Shirone's mother live. Will it cause her to vent her grief at both Kuroka and Shirone or not? If so, I cannot let her live.

Urgh. This is hard. Fuck it. I will leave their life to fate. However, I promise one thing. I will take care of both Kuroka and Shirone when they die. I also need to send someone to gather enough evidence about the Naberius clan experiment.

*BOOM*

I snap from my thoughts when I hear an explosion happening not too far away from me. I look at the source of the explosion before sighing. I can see my older brother fighting with each other. I love them both, but sometimes I hate their 'Joking around' activity.

Their joking around activity involves them punching each other with a superpowered punch.

"Dad, they are each other again."

I look at my father, who is already popping up a bottle of brandy while saying that. Father looked at my brothers before flicking his finger, and suddenly a square barrier appeared and surrounded both of them.

I nodded my head and looked at Kuroka before saying.

"That is why. My brothers cannot stay at one place for a few minutes and need to do physical activity."

"Do they always do that?"

"Yes and no. They can hold themselves together if they want to, but most of the time, they always do friendly sparring like this."

"That is friendly?"

Kuroka points her finger at my brothers, who are tearing each other apart. I nodded at her and said,

"Yes. That is friendly. They did not use their fire just yet."

I still remember when both of them decided to use their fire and create a massive pool of lava on the ground and almost break the barrier around the training arena. They almost died from being beaten black and blue by our mother, who was in a bad mood because of the loud noises.

Speaking of my mother…

*BOOM*

"Riser-sama, are you sure letting Lady Valerie fight is a good idea?"

"Don't worry about it, Kuroka."

"She is pregnant, you know?"

"I know. She is not a fragile lady. She does this when she is pregnant with me. I also said the same thing to my father, but he said that my mother always does this when she is pregnant. He said something about it, loosening the pain she felt."

"I-I see."

"And that is before my father got drunk."

I really regret creating that batch of alcohol. Faerie Feast is a perk that not only dwells in food making; it is also involved in drink-making techniques. When I finished my first batch of brandy alcohol, and my family gave it a test, let's say that they liked it. They really like it.

"Let's just hope this park survives."

"Survive? It is that bad?"

"Yeah."

~Three hours later~

I rub my forehead as a headache begins to attack my head. The park has been changed into what looks like a warzone, from lava on the ground to the destroyed forest on the right. Seeing both my brothers having a friendly fight, the drunken lord decides to join up.

After drinking three huge bottles of homemade brandy, both Lord Zeoticus and my father became drunk.

Let's just say that the park did not survive both the power of Phenex and the Bael clan. The forest near the park has already caught on fire, and there is a massive hole in the middle of the park because of the power of destruction.

To stop both Lord Zeoticus and my father's drunken rampage, Lady Venelana decides to stop them using her power of destruction. The only reason the park still stands is that all of them are holding back.

"See what I mean?"

"I can see it now, nyaa."

"Anyway, I think you should go back home. The sun is already setting, and I can see both Rias and Shirone already tired playing with each other."

I look to the side and see Rias sleeping while leaning on the tree with Shirone on her lap. They are tired themselves out playing pretend.

"I guess so, nyaa."

"Before you go, here."

I take out a piece of paper and begin to write my personal phone number before giving it to Kuroka.

"Nyaa?"

"This is my phone number. If you want to play or just want to talk, call this number."

"Okay, nyaa~ Thank you for accepting us into your picnic, nyaa~ I really appreciate it."

"Think nothing of it. It is nice to have a voice of reason."

"Even then, thank you so much."

"See you tomorrow."

"En. See you, nyaa~."

12