Chapter 1: Where am I?
428 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

However, it was not the end for this young soul. Instead of falling to what he assumed was his death, or perhaps forever and that being what the wizard meant by making him suffer. Eimir eventually found an end to this tunnel. Though, rather painfully as he saw himself landing onto the hard ground.

Quickly, he brought himself onto his feet and scanned his surroundings. Where was here? It was dark, with only the stars above being his source of light. Underneath him was hard and paved, kind of like the stone that made up the structure of the castle, but rougher. Around him didn’t seem like much other than the numerous trees. So it appeared that he fell into a forest, but then what was up with this hard road? Who would want to travel through here on top of this? It hardly seemed good for horses to carry any carriages.

Eimir would soon get his answers as he noticed the area around him light up. His shadow grew before him as a loud noise sounded from behind. Something seemed to be coming his way that he had never seen before. There were sounds of screeching as the thing tried to slow down.

“You’ll have to do better than that to best me.” He yelled out as the boy effortlessly jumped and flipped over what was rushing right towards him. “Even if I don’t know what you are.” Finally, the thing came to a stop and people quickly rushed out of it doors.

“Oh my gosh, are you all right!?” There were three people who came out. Two adults and a young girl who appeared to be his age. They all seemed frightened with what had just occurred.

“You didn’t hit him, did you dad?” The girl asked. Now that their light source had passed him, Eimir found himself back under the cover of shadow. Which gave him the opportunity to sneak up to the trio and pull out his sword. His footsteps were silent despite being adorn with metal armor.

“Who are you!?” He yelled out at them, now holding the man at sword point. This caused them to freak out as the woman and girl cowered towards their vehicle.

“Huh?” The man replied, apparently not understanding the words coming from his mouth. Well, Eimir didn’t understand a word they were saying either. It might as well have been gibberish they were speaking to each other with. Thankfully, the young boy did learn a spell for this occasion. A bit of magic that allowed for him to translate what others were saying to him, while allowing him to sound as if he was speaking their own language.

“I said, who are you?” He spoke again, this time in Japanese thanks to the translation magic.

“Whoa.” The man responded with dread. “I’m sorry, I just didn’t see in time.” In fairness to the driver, with the winding roads and the darkness, it was more Eimir’s fault that he was nearly ran over.

“And what is that carriage you’re traveling on?” He continued on, not dropping his guard. “I don’t see any horses pulling it, so what magic are you using to move that thing?”

“Um… Gas?” The family were now confused as to the manner in which this boy spoke. Not to mention he had on what would be viewed as a strange outfit from their point-of-view.

“Please don’t hurt my husband.” The woman pleaded with him. Eimir could see that none of them had bad intentions towards him, so he lowered his weapon. “Who are you?”

“My name’s Eimir.” He answered honestly, respectfully bowing to them. “I’m a captain of the lion’s division for the kingdom of pastry.” His response to them only served to give them more confusion. “Tell me, where do you hail from?”

“I think this guy’s a weird cosplayer.” The girl said to her parents, now no longer fearing this boy. “We should just leave him.” As they talked, trying to clear any confusion between the two parties, the group was interrupted by the roar of a wild animal. More accurately, that of a black bear.

The family got scared by the creature as they ran towards the side of the car that hid them from the beast. Meanwhile, Eimir walked up to it with no fear for his life. “What are you doing, you’re going to get yourself-” Before she could stop him with words, his eyes glowed red once more. In an instant, he disappeared from their sight before appearing next to the bear.

Most common people would think this was a dangerous spot to be in. However, what they didn’t see was him striking it as the beast fell to the ground.

“Oh my gosh, you killed it.” The father of the family spoke up, relieved that they were no longer in danger.

“I didn’t kill it.” He responded, lifting up his sword to show off the hilt. “I only hit it with the hilt…” When he finished answering, the boy felt strange. His body became light and his vision turned blurry. Soon, Eimir found himself collapsing to the ground as he blacked out.

***

The next thing he knew, the boy’s eyes were opening up to a completely different setting. No longer was he outside as he scanned around the room. Eimir found himself sitting up in the very comfortable bed as he grabbed his throbbing head. That was odd. He had never felt that weak in his body before. “Hello, is anyone around?” He opened the door to leave the room he woke up in.

“Ahh, he’s finally awake.” The woman he met earlier greeted him with much cheer and joy. Before, she feared him, but now she treated him like he was her son. “Come here, we can talk in the living room.” She led him by the arm where he saw the other members of the family sitting there.

“I’m so glad to see you’re back up.” The man got up and gave him a firm handshake. I really wanted to thank you for saving our lives back there.”

“Even though he did try to kill us a minute before that.” The girl wasn’t as happy to see him as she stayed sitting and looking at her phone. Eimir apologized for the trouble he caused them as they explained to him what happened after he passed out.

Of course, they weren’t about to let a boy his age just stay there out. So they took him into their car and brought him home. As it turned out, they were just coming back from a vacation in Tokyo, so that’s why they ran into him as they were on the outskirts.

“Um, what was it that you did with that bear?” The mom asked. To them, it seemed like he moved faster than light.

“Oh, it was just my magic.” He replied nonchalantly. Though to them he had just revealed to them. Their reactions showed to him that this was somehow a foreign concept to them, meaning he was not in Enatis anymore. “Anyway, where are we? What do you call this world?”

“Um, Earth?” The dad answered, unsure if that was what he wanted to hear. “Specifically, we’re in Japan.”

“Japan, huh?” That explained to him that he really was no longer on Enatis. There was no country or land known as Japan there. Though he did hear murmurings of individuals who claimed they were from this land back home. “So that wizard sent me to another world.” Eimir sighed, knowing his life had changed forever.

11