Chapter 3 – Celebrities
226 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st year students from every class are lined up inside the school gym from front to back, there’s approximately 160 students gathered here in one place today due to the Entrance Ceremony for First years.

The principal was giving out welcome greetings and a speech for the first years on the podium, I hardly remember what he said though…

A beautiful girl bright red scarlet hair and eyes stepped onto the podium and was given the microphone after the principal has finished his own speech.

“First years! Welcome to Kamiyama High School, I am Yozora Kanae a 3nd year student and the Student Council President. As all of you know, Kamiyama High is one of the best schools in the country so if you do well and graduate here, you will have a higher chance of getting into the universities you would like! Now before we conclude the Entrance Ceremony, I will have to state a ‘few’ strict rules.”

 

After what felt like an hour, Yozora-senpai finally finished her speech and thanked us for listening. All of us 1st year students were now finally going back to the classroom.

Some students from other classes were talking about how Yozora-senpai had a dignified and beautiful look. I walk ahead while agreeing to them inside my head as I remember how her red scarlet hair waved behind her back as she stepped into the podium.

The teacher that lead us to the school gym was now waiting outside the classroom beside the door, inspecting every one of the students that enter.

 

“Good morning everyone, I will be your homeroom teacher for the year, Takahashi Sora, please do come to me if you have any questions.” Right after the last remaining students enter the classroom, she wrote her name on the board and introduced herself.

“Best regards to everyone for this year! Now all of you will be introducing yourself as well starting from the Fifth Row Window side.”

 

A male student who had dark-brown hair with a confident smile rose from his seat and introduced himself.

“Hello everyone, my name is Mizuki Ryuuto, I  to sing and play a few instruments, I’d like to be friends with all of you.” His smile shined just like the sun right after he finished the introduction.

 

It was a smooth introduction, his voice is what you would describe cool, some of the girls we’re looking at him with interest while the boys with admiration directed at him. After a few more students introduced themselves, it was finally my turn.

 

“Hello, I am Hiraoka Shizu, please take care of me”  It was the usual introduction that was so monotonous you’d easily forget it after a few more students introduced themselves. This was also the same introduction I've been using throughout all of my school years from primary to middle school.

 The teacher then called out to the student right next to me for her introduction.

 

“My name is Sakaki Shiina, I’ll be in your care”

Sakaki-san then sat back down. Her face remained unchanging and still had the same calm and cool face unlike the grin she had when we exchanged names. 

the class resumed their introductions again and it was now on the Second row Fifth seat. A girl that rivaled Sakaki-san’s beauty stood up with a cheery voice and bright smile that just by looking at it can blind you.

 

“Hi everyone~ my name is Aikawa Yuki, I love cooking and also , nice to know all of you!”

Aikawa-sa has a long blonde hair tied into a half up half down, she was also doing a cute pose as she introduced herself which made the male students cheer and some of them were even whistling.

Takahashi-sensei explained the brief summary of our lessons for this semester after the rest of the students introduced themselves without any problems.

The lunch bell finally rang, and Takahashi-sensei left the classroom. A few minutes after she left, students swarmed Aikawa and Mizuki-san trying to befriend both of them, I could only think of how tiresome it would have been having people surrounding your personal space.

 

Some of the students also tried to approach Sasaki-san surrounding my own personal space in the process, but she either ignored them or just glared at them until they leave from her seat.

While I was still reading the book I have, the girls from my classroom suddenly shrieked.

Confused by the sudden noise I stopped reading and glanced towards the crowd on the Second row, while listening to what they’re making a ruckus about.

Apparently Mizuki-kun approached Aikawa-san and exchanged greetings with each other which made the girls scream ‘KYAaAA!’

The classroom was so noisy, so I quickly stood up from my seat to go outside.

Wandering in the hallways I tried to familiarize myself with the school before I buy my lunch, a few minutes later I reached the school cafeteria there were a lot of students here since it was already lunch break.

After buying 2 yakisoba bread for myself, I left the cafeteria and headed outside the school building to go to the Sakura tree far away from the entrance with a bench underneath that I saw earlier in the morning.

 I ate there while reading my book peacefully, after lunch break was almost over, I quickly head back to my classroom before the next lesson starts.

 

We were now dismissed by our homeroom teacher after making separate groups on cleaning duties, thankfully mine’s by the end of the week.

 

Students in my class surrounded Mizuki and Aikawa-san again while asking them what they were gonna do after this.

 

“How about we all go to a karaoke bar?” Mizuki-san suggested with a smile to everyone near him.

 

“That’s actually a great idea! We can get to more about each In the process” my classmates that formed a crowd around them were agreeing excitedly

“Aikawa-san is coming aswell? then i'll too!”

“Of course, I’ll join, I want to get to know everyone here.” Aikawa-san said so with a chirpy voice and a cute smile that can make any man have the thought of protecting her.

“Ooh, me as well!”  “I’ll join too!”

“Alright… I’ll pay half the price for everyone!” after Mizuki-san shouted as the crowd got even more excited while thanking Mizuki-san.

Everyone in my class seems to be eager about the idea to go to the karaoke bar.

 As for me I have no interest in those things, I like my alone time and getting indulged into my books.

 

Two of the students from the crowd surrounding Mizuki and Aikawa-san passed by my seat and went to talk to Sakaki-san who was still reviewing her notes she made in class.

“Sakaki-san! Do you want to join us at the karaoke with Mizuki-san? he said he would pay half of the price for everyone you know!”

A guy with his hair combed to the back of his scalp spoke up, loud enough for the rest of the crowd surrounding the ‘celebrities’ to hear, almost all of them looked at Sakaki-san at the same time waiting for her answer.

“Noisy, I’m not going to join. Besides, why don’t you ask him?” Sakaki-san glared at the both of them while pointing her thumb towards me.

The two guys made a bitter smile before they stared at me with a face that clearly says ‘when did you get here?’ After a few seconds, the other guy spoke to me.

“Ki- Kinaro-kun, would you like to join the rest of us to the karaoke bar?”

I’m already used to people calling me by the wrong surname or name since it has already happened a lot before in middle school, but I still felt something deep inside me shatter whenever someone mispronounce either of them...

“It’s Hiraoka, and also I’ll have to decline. I have stuff to do after school.” (not really…)

They both apologized to me before retreating to the crowd surrounding the two new celebrities.

4