27 – A storm brewing in the background
3.4k 28 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hajime glanced at his phone and chuckled. "Looks like Kid's having a lot of fun with that princess. And I told him that he should have just embraced his inner beauty."

It was Azura's latest stream along with Sylvia. A pair of beautiful anime girls chatting and doing fun requests.

Though Azura was a lot flirtier than an ordinary young woman should be.

Hajime clicked his tongue. "If I wasn't such a manly man, I'd try that out too." How fun would it be to just tease all of those horny guys and then troll them by showing that he was really a guy the entire time?

Then again, some people were into that sort of stuff, so-

"I-I told you! I don't know where she is!"

"Oh. Right." Hajime looked down and said, "I was in the middle of something." He sighed. "Guess I shouldn't be all proud dad while on the job. Also, if you don't know..."

*crunch*

Hajime sighed and then looked around the area.

It was another government facility. Soldiers and corpses laid scattered all over the place. Idiots who tried to attack him.

"Looks like this is a lost cause... But sheesh. Just where is she?" Hajime scratched the back of his head and said, "Since she's not here, it doesn't look like she was captured. And there aren't any records of her around... so where the heck did she pop up?"

Silence.

"...Right." Hajime sighed. "This place doesn't have that handy thing to answer my questions." He cracked his neck and then checked his phone again. "Mm... Well, it's getting to the end of August. And since the kid's registered a company, I should probably get some guys to make sure things are squared away before he heads back. Not to mention the princess..."

A low groan echoed from the corner of the room. One of the soldiers that had managed to live. He slowly raised his head and then glared at Hajime. "You... monster..."

"Bro." Hajime turned to face him and said, "It's not my fault. You're the suicidal guys who kept shooting bullets at a man who could stop them in mid-air."

The soldier raised his gun, slowly aiming it at Hajime.

"Hah... Whatever. I got what I came for, and I've already missed tons of trolling opportunites for my kid. Dammit." He frowned and started walking away, scratching the back of his head. "What am I gonna do now? It'll be awkward trolling Kiddo while such a sweet girl is with him..."

The soldier rested his finger on the trigger.

Hajime frowned and then placed his hand on his chin, still walking away. "And I can't make fun of him for being single now. Mm... Well, I guess embarassing him is fun too. And I should probably make sure to get some protection in case Kiddo gets any ideas... or the princess jumps him."

The soldier pulled the trigger.

A gunshot cut through the air. But before the bullet got anywhere close to Hajime, it froze. In fact, it froze as soon as it left the gun's barrel, slowly spinning in the air.

"T-That's... impossible..."

"Hm?" Hajime paused and turned around. Seeing the soldier and the frozen bullet, Hajime sighed. "I keep telling you guys, your weapons don't work on me. Though I guess that's just Americans. You guys always did rely a bit too much on guns even back then."

The soldier shook his head and then slumped to the ground, dead.

"...Meh." Hajime rolled his neck and then kept walking away. "What was I thinking about again...? Oh yeah. Protection. Oooh. I could do that. Always wanted to give the good ol' talk about the birds and the bees. Now, where's the closest sex shop? Some props are probably the best way to get the point across..."

-VI|IV-

I felt a shiver run down my spine and then looked out the window.

It was still a bit dark out since it was early in the morning. But nothing seemed to be wrong. A sky slowly turning orange as the sun peeked over the horizon. Not a single cloud in sight...

So why did it seem like a storm was coming my way?

'Maybe it's because you slept with Celes last night?'

I felt my face heat up and said, "Stop saying it like that!"

'But it's true~ The two of you slept in the same bed and had pillow talk aaall night. And she's still fast asleep because she's exhausted, isn't she~?'

"...Somebody once told me-"

'Okay! I'll stop! Sheesh! Can't a girl be proud of people making progress in their relationship?'

"Pervert."

'Also, have you noticed that you're starting to sound like a girl more every day? I think you're starting to believe~'

I rolled my eyes and then looked back down at my work.

Like a certain annoying System-chan said, Celes was still fast asleep because we stayed up a while talking about our future plans.

'So you're already thinking about your future together? Ooh, how cute!'

...

[System message: Now playing - 热爱 105°C 的你]

'N-No. NOoOoOooo! That's going to be stuck in my head forever! How are you even getting the system to play it!? HoW!?'

Anyway. Celes was prepped on how to stream and use the software, so she'd be doing her first solo stream later today.

...That still worried me a bit considering, well, the internet.

But she was a princess, so she could handle it. Definitely better than me at least. Probably. Hopefully.

...Maybe I should make sure to check in while she's streaming just in case.

But anyway, with that settled, I was in the kitchen planning out the next step to get Sensei a job.

First of all... the VIM Syndicate (GK). Like the system promised, a corporation was created for my idol agency. The documents were a bit complicated and I didn't know all the ins and outs... but the system notes said that it would be handled by a competent individual.

Now, if it wasn't for the fact that I knew the system could go wrong at times because of a certain System-chan, I'd trust that. But since I knew better... that meant I'd have to study up on business and tax law too.

Great.

As for the person registered as the incorporator of the company...

"Seems like the system picked up on my fake ID. Good."

Like 'Sena Muraki', 'Zenki Mura' was meant to be the name of my other transformation. And to validate it, I set up email addresses, got some paperwork ready... but it looked like the system rolled that in with registering VIM Syndicate since I had real identification papers, cards, etc. in my inventory to use for that guy.

Which was good. Now, I just had to set up a meeting with Sensei and then explain the situation.

There was a note about starting funds in the corporate account, so that solved our biggest problem... and also reminded me that I should probably be taking these 'career missions' seriously if that was the case-

[Career Mission <Do you want to make a contract with me?> has become available.]
[Daily Mission: <To Become Strong> has become available.]
[Daily Mission: <To Build Affection> has become available.]
[Your Quests have been updated.]

...Eh?

I blinked and then swiped my hand through the air, opening the system menu.

-VI|IV-

[VIMS]
1. Quests
2. Money/Achievement Point Exchange
3. Achievement Point Gacha
4. Skill/Attribute System
5. Achievement Point Shop
6. Inventory

-VI|IV-

That was still the same... mostly. But I could check on that later. For now...

-VI|IV-

[Quests]

1. Daily Mission: <To Become Strong>
Complete the famous routine of the Strongest Hero.
Failure: None
Reward: Improved physique.
-Available-

2. Daily Mission: <To Build Affection>
Congratulations on entering the Princess Knight route! Work hard to build affection points and reach the true ending!
Failure: Celes's disappointment.
Reward: CG Recall.
-Available-

3. Career Mission: <Do you want to make a contract with me?>
Now that you've decided on your next talent and established your idol agency, go lock it in stone! Sexy teachers make for great idols, you know?
Failure: Lifelong regret.
Reward: Custom Avatar for the new talent, relevant startup material, Algorithm Mod x1.
-Available-

4. Mandatory Mission: <Weekly Stream>
Don't let your fans down! Sometime during the week, start a stream.
Reward: Increased fame, achievement points, money.
-Complete-

 

-VI|IV-

...System-chan?

[Note: Hey! I didn't have anything to do with it this time!]

...Why are you back to leaving me notes?

[Note: You know why! And just you wait. When you least expect it, I'm going to get you back!]

I see. Then I hope you're ready for 'Deja Vu.'

[Note: ...Whatever. I'm going back to reading my manga. Meanie.]

You have manga?!

[Note: (¬‿¬)]

"...Hah." I sighed and then closed the window. After that, I pulled my phone out to check the time.

Today was Tuesday, August 24th. School started next week, so we only had a few more days with Sensei. And since she planned on moving back home... that meant I really only had until Wednesday probably to change her mind. And if I didn't change her mind... I didn't like the sound of that failure consequence.

Right now it was... 5 AM. Checking my email... Or rather, Zenki's email, it seemed like Sensei actually sent over some information.

In that case...

I emailed back a reply.

Tonight. 5 PM, at the local diner.

Now, to get through the day without giving anything away and then try to convince Sensei to become an idol...

...Why does that sound like the plot to an H manga?

[Note: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

STOP.

[Note: T_T]

I rolled my eyes and then stood up. "Well, I should probably go do my routine- Ah. First..."

I walked back upstairs and checked on Celes.

As expected, she was still fast asleep. And a happy and content sleep as well, judging from the peaceful smile on her face.

Seeing that, I smiled back and then patted her head. "I'll be back in a bit, Celes. Have a good rest."

*click*

Wait. What was-

[System Message: CG - <A beautiful morning> has been saved to your collection.]

[Daily Mission: <To Build Affection> is complete.]

'Kyaaaaaaa! So cute!'

...

105