26 – Best buddies for life
3.2k 23 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Career mission <Girlpower X2> complete!]
[The YouTube channel "Sylvia Lunaris ch." has been created.]
[The limited liability corporation "VIM Syndicate (GK)" has been established in Japan.]
[VIM Syndicate (GK) has been registered under Zenki Mura.]
[The appropriate documentation and credentials have been added to your inventory.]
[You have gained 3000 achievement points.]

I ignored the system messages for now and focused on the chat. Plastering a bright smile on my face, I waved my hands and said, "Bye bye, everyone~! Thanks for chatting with us!"

Celes bowed her head, smiling. "Yes! Thank you for your time! It was very fun!"

"You're too nice, Syr-chan~"

"S-Syr-chan?"

"Anyway, baaaiii~!"

I waved at the camera one last time and then ended the stream. After that, to make sure things were safe, I shut down the computer. And after that, I unplugged it, turned off the streaming phone. 

I also turned off my phone.

Just in case.

[Note: A bit paranoid, aren't you?]

I let out a deep sigh and leaned back in my chair. Rubbing my face, I muttered, "That was waaay too cringey. And scary how easily I did it."

I thought it'd be hard. No, I wanted it to be hard. But the fact that I could play a cutesy girl and even tease like that while acting all flirty...

I shivered.

[Note: Hey! you should be thankful! Not many guys can pull off being a girl so well, you know!]

I never asked for this! You pervert!

[Note: Yep! I'm a pervert! But traps are awesome! You just don't get it.]

Argh... If you were a real girl, I'd bet you'd be one of those dirty fujoshis or whatever, wouldn't you?

[Note: Hey now! I like traps and beautiful women, not guys! Ew. But anyway, you promised right? I can spin the gacha?!]

You get one spin. ONE.

[Note: Yay~!]

Sylvia- No. Celes. Celes walked over and then draped her arms around my shoulders to pull me into a hug.

I blinked and then looked at her. "...What are you doing?"

"You looked like you needed a hug, Sen-sama."

'OMG she's so cute~! Wife her! Wife her! Wife her!'

Gah! Stop yelling in my head, you crazy- Wait. Since when could you talk to me?!

[Note: You're imagining things, User.]

...

[Note: Also, you must really be enjoying those peaches, aren't you?]

Peaches? What are you- 

Oh.

I felt my face heat up after reading that message. And then I felt it heat up even more after realizing that two pairs of very warm and soft orbs were pressed against the back of head.

"T-Thanks C-Celes." I started turning my head. But that caused my face to meet with more soft warmth, so I froze and instantly turned back. After that, I cleared my throat and said, "T-That's enough."

"...Okay." She pulled her arms back and stepped away. Even so, I noticed that she lingered a bit. And when I turned around to look at her, she looked a bit disappointed.

'Kyaaah!'

"Gah! Stop that!"

Celes flinched. "F-Forgive me, Sen-sama! I-I apologize for being so forward. B-But you were so lovely, and my heart was racing, and I love you so much and I was just so happy and-"

"Ah. Sorry Celes. I didn't mean you- Wait, what?"

"N-Nothing!" Celes turned a bright red and walked out of the room. "I-I will prepare for bed first- Ow!"

A loud smack. Celes walked into the wall. She rubbed her forehead and then quickly walked out, heading to the bathroom.

I sighed. "Celes should really be more careful."

[Note: Okay. Are you playing dense, or are you actually this dense? Because if you are, I'm going to bug you until you stop. For both.]

I know how Celes feels, alright? And I... like her too. But we're still just teenagers! So stop that! Pervert!

[Note: ...Oooh. You're right. I guess it is a bit too early for lickylicky times.]

...How do I file a sexual harassment report to the administrator?

[Note: Okay, okay! I'll stop! Geez. What a boring guy...]

I sighed and started cleaning things up.

We had streamed for a couple of hours. Mostly with just me teasing the chat and answering casual questions with Celes. There was also a bit of talk about her starting her own channel soon and to support her when she did, but not much else.

It seemed like Celes had gotten used to the flow of things though. That would help when she started streaming on her own. Though I needed to remember to be extra vigilant in chat when she did...

Hah. The stress never ends, huh?

I shook my head and then took another look around the streaming setup. After making sure everything was carefully turned off and then turning my phone back on to doublecheck that we weren't still live on YouTube, I decided to check my Streamlabs account. "...Huh. Seems like we did pretty decent today."

Streamlabs converted everything to USD, so I didn't know how much we had in Yen. But from that stream we made $200. Not bad for just sitting around and chatting. Though I guess that was natural considering the requests I took.

[Note: And you could do even better if you stream some games, you know? Maybe a horror game~?]

I thought you were an advanced AI? Can't you think of anything better than the usual tropes for VTubers?

[Note: It's a rite of passage! Besides, everyone loves seeing cute Anime girls panic!]

...I decided to ignore VIMS for a while and then flopped into my bed.

In the distance, I heard the shower turn on. Celes, freshening up for the night.

'Ooh~! I wonder how big she really is?'

CEASE.

'Ahem...'

Dang it.

First I had to deal with the fact that a super cute girl who was deeply in love with me was showering nearby. Now I had to deal with the fact that a random super cutesy girl's voice randomly chimed in my head now too with random commentary about my life... Just what the heck did I do to deserve this?

'Ohoho? So you think I sound cute?'

I will END you.

'You wish~!'

How are you even talking to me?!

'Well... Since you asked so nicely~!'

-VI|IV-

[SR - Best Buddies for Life]
Have an imaginary friend? Wish you could talk with them 24/7? Look no more! This unique skill allows your imaginary friend to voice their thoughts and comment on your daily life! Now you'll never be apart!

Note: Product received as is. Vainglory LLC is not responsible for any mental trauma or damages that may occur. 'Best Buddies for Life' is a consumable item that produces irreversible changes. Be warned that side-effects may occur, such as paranoia, irritation, mental instability, and insanity. If in doubt, please contact us at ***-***-**** to request a refund.

-VI|IV-

...What the heck?! Hey! You can't use my items like that without asking me!

'But you promised~ And now you're stuck with me! Hmph! That'll show that stinking admin! You can't keep the man down forever!'

Oh god. Are you a trap?

'Ew! No! Why would you even think that? I'm a super beautiful and pretty girl, thank you very much!'

...I see what the item meant about the side-effects now. And stop living rent-free inside my head!

'But I love you! You're such a perfect trap!'

You...!

Wait. I know how to fix this.

'Hm?'

Never... gonna... give you up.

'What are you doing?'

Never... gonna...

'Wait. Wait, wait, wait.'

...let you... down.

'No. No! Stop! Oh god, stop!'

I... just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Wanna make you, understand!

[System Message: Now playing - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up]

'AAAAAHHHHH!'

Yeah! You gonna live in my head, you get to deal with the consequences!

'WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?!'

Shut up! You're the perverted lady who keeps wanting me to crossdress and genderbend myself!

'ASSHOLE!'

Evil witch!

'I HATE YOU!'

Sucks to suck!

-VI|IV-

Celes turned off the shower and then let out a deep sigh. "...Is it truly fine like this?"

Water dripped down from her golden hair, splashing against the floor. When it did, memories flashed through her mind.

Cold water. The despair and fear as the air left her lungs. Clawing for the surface, only to sink deeper and deeper. The regret and resignation...

And then warmth, followed by a beautiful face. A goddess.

'H-How are you?'

A hesitant but bright smile. Sincere concern, even while her clothes were completely drenched from diving after Celes.

Celes blinked, and the memories were gone. The darkness and cold had vanished, replaced with the warm bathroom. She sighed and then stepped outside the shower, grabbing a towel from the rack. After that, she started drying herself, lost in thought.

Sen-sama... The kind young man who risked his life to save her. The one who offered her his home, fed her, accepted her story without question and treated her like an ordinary girl instead of expecting her to act prim and proper as the heiress to the United Kingdom of Britannia...

It was like a dream. A perfect fantasy that fulfilled her every desire. 

And she was scared.

The fact that the goddess who saved her was truly a young man. The fact that this world had changed so much. The fact that she could live peacefully without worrying about assassins or fighting for her life every day...

"...If this is a dream-"

The thought that she might wake up back again in that cold dark place. That this was all just a dying delusion. If that was the case-

A knock on the door, followed by a voice. "Celes! Are you alright? You've been in there for a while!"

Celes froze. But then a soft smile crossed her face and she said, "I am fine, Sen-sama! Just... lost in thought."

Silence. No, not silence. If she listened carefully...

"No, I am not going to ask her if she needs my help drying her! Or if she wants to bath together! ...Of course I'm a guy! But I'm not a pervert!"

A hushed argument. Another one of Sen-sama's odd quirks.

Celes thought that was probably due to his female and male sides clashing... but whatever the case, it seemed like both of them returned her affection. And knowing that...

Celes felt her face heat up and quickly started fanning herself. "U-Um! I-I am almost finished, Sen-sama! I-If you could wait back in our room..."

"Gah! Sorry! I didn't mean it!"

With that, footsteps echoed, leading back upstairs. And while he tried to keep it low, Sen's voice still carried. "Stupid! Now you embarrassed her! Honestly, what are you, a dense protagonist? Come on! ...Shut up! Stop laughing!"

Celes smiled.

...Whether this was a dream or not, she didn't know. But either way...

Celes placed her hands over her heart and closed her eyes. "...I will always love you, Sen-sama."

As long as the dream continued, that would always be true.

"...Ah." Celes blinked and then grabbed her towel. "I shouldn't keep Sen-sama waiting. He still needs to clean up as well... I hope he doesn't mind that I used his bar of soap and his shampoo..."

108