Experimenting with the newly awakened Ability
164 6 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning came, remembering what had happened last night. I still felt confused as to how such a phenomenon could happen. All I could think was maybe, I was just hallucinating from last night because of the sharp pain in my head. 

Focusing on my hand, I try to imagine drawing out electricity from my hand…

*sshkk* *ZAP!!*

The result….was a streak of bolt coming out of my index finger.

“Oi...seriously now...I got a Lightning ability now hahahaha” I said so, laughing astonished by this new discovery.

However, as I think so, I don’t have any idea what I could use this thing for. The more I try to use it my hands go numb...that’s it? 

Having no idea what to do with it, I went to my Dad’s garage. Currently the garage is being used as a storage of sorts. I remember Dad having a Digital Battery Load Tester. So I set out to find it.

“Should be here somewhere….HAH! Found it.” I exclaimed, managing to find what I needed. 

I went back to the living room and sat down on the sofa putting the battery tester on the table. The first thing I did was test out how much voltage I can let out. A human can pretty much take on 50,000 volts to get stunned from a taser. So first things first, around 12 volts. 12 volts is enough to charge a single car battery. Holding the negative and positive wires with both hands I tested it out. The result was,

“....9 volts...that’s it?” Disappointed as that’s how much I can do at first. Not satisfied with the result I tried it out again.

“10.7 volts...damn it! Still low to be able to charge a single car battery.”

Using my time all day, I kept on trying and trying. My hands are going numb from the excessive use of the ability.

Because of experimenting for a long amount of hours I had to eat my breakfast late. Feeling exhausted, I slept just like that on the couch.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Waking up, I tried again on testing out electric capabilities. 

I did this for about 4 days, simply trying to see the limits of how much voltage I can gather. As a result, I managed to pass through 12 volts. Not only that, as I experiment on my lightning capabilities, it seems that it was possible for me to coat my whole body with electricity.

...Doing it made me burn out my energy. As it seems, the lightning ability is reliant on some kinda energy inside my body. Whenever I exhaust them, it makes me tired. Though I somehow recover if I just rest for about 4-6 hours.

Knowing it could endanger me if I keep on experimenting in my house, I reluctantly made myself go outside for once after 5 days of being confined in my house since the vacation started.

As I don’t want anyone to find out about my situation, I went to the most isolated building that I came across from a while back.

Safely reaching the said isolated building, I continued to experiment with my ability.

Firstly, I coat myself with electricity and keep it on for as long as I can. 

“NNRRGGHH!!” As evident, it was hard to control as it covers my whole body. 

“...Damn…*haah* *haah*...I could only *haah* contain it for 7 minutes…” Panting heavily, as I look at the timer that I set up for the duration of the electricity coating.

What’s great about this experiment was that it greatly increases my limited time. However, too much use was too much as it numbs my body. It would seem that I am not entirely immune to electricity. 

One more thing I found out about this ability is that it greatly enhances my speed. When I run, my speed doubles than my normal. When I focus on putting the electricity solely to boot my legs, my running speed doubles. It also greatly enhances my jumping force, normally I can only jump for about 1-3 feet in length but as I use the ability, my leg strength doubles and lets me jump at about 9-10 feet in total.

With 7 minutes duration, I can free-run around the isolated building with ease. Jumping through high obstacles with no difficulties, I found it fun to parkour around the place.

With enthusiastic feeling, I concluded the experiment successful as I found great use from the ability.

I went home late at dusk, feeling great from the exercise that I did all day.

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, I continued to experiment with my ability. This time, I tried something more energy draining.

I tried to see if I could gather all of my lightning force in one place and shoot it out like all of those things that I see in anime.

The result was…

*BOOM* *ZZT*

...a complete failure.

“SHIT!?” I swore as I felt the impact of the explosion.

Luckily the explosion itself was made of pure electricity that came from me. The numbness on my hand was more intense but other than that I didn’t get injured.

When I tried to gather the electricity in one place and shoot it out. The end result was an outright failure. I couldn’t contain the electrical energy.

“Goddamn it!! How the hell does those lightning from anime even work!?” Frustrated, I stomp out my foot that was still clad in lightning on the floor, resulting in cracking it.

“...Wait...there is one. What was it again?” As if remembering something, I wrack my brain as I try to remember the things that I saw in every collection I have in my memory.

“...That’s right...A RAILGUN!?” Shouting in excitement as I came up with an idea that was theoretically possible to work out.

This time, with every energy I have left. I again gathered as much electricity as I could in my hands but this time, instead of trying to idiotically try to shoot it out before. I used a coin to try and test out what was in my mind.

The basic idea behind a railgun is that it uses an electric current to create a magnetic field. A current from the power source, in this case my hand which is holding the projectile that is the coin. Using both my hands like a gun barrel, I control the electricity in my hand to circulate making the coin covered in a spinning force. With that the idea now is to shoot the substitute bullet and by theory of it’s magnetic force behind it, it should successfully work...or so as I expected but the outcome was…

*SHZT* *SWOOSH* *BAM!!!*

...more than I expected.

“Ha, hahaha...look at that...ain’t that bad news!!” The power of the railgun-like force made a crater in the wall with a single hole in the middle of it.

And so, another day of experiment was a success.

4