Escapism
939 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Hannah and I sat on a bus in complete silence. I was quiet because I couldn’t stop thinking about Saya, Miyuki and Kenzie. 

I do want to go back. But, I’ve burned that bridge to the ground. And even if I could go back. What then? Things will never be the same. Not after what I’ve done. 

I’ve been in this world only for a few months and I turned Saya into a yandere, scared Riri away, ruined what little relationship I had with Miyuki, and obliterated my relationship with Kenzie. 

I’m the worst protagonist of all time. 

And now I’m running away… Just like back in my world. Where I was shut away in my room, where the world couldn’t get to me. 

“S-sorry!” Hannah shouted, flailing in a fluster after waking up on my shoulder. 

She turned her head away from me and quickly wiped away the saliva from her mouth after she drooled on me. She turned back to me and flashed a clumsy smile. 

Cute.

Hannah’s cheeks turned red and her eyes widened while her lips slightly parted.

“I said that out loud, didn’t I?” Hannah furiously nodded her head to that, and I in response felt myself being overcome with embarrassment. 

The rest of the bus ride went by in silence. Despite the embarrassment I went through, it was a good distraction from everything. 

After a short walk from the bus stop, we arrived at Hannha’s home. It was a little white house with a picket fence that looked like any suburban house in an American commercial. 

Hannah put one finger up to her lips. She then gestured for me to duck down as she led me into the back of her house. 

So she’s sneaking me in…

We made it to the back of the house and she quickly unlocked the back door. She went to turn the door handle, but abruptly stopped as her hand rested on the knob. 

“Everything okay?” I raised an eyebrow, but only asked after a few seconds passed with her remaining motionless. 

“Give me a few minutes!” She squealed barely coherently before quickly opening and closing the door behind herself. 

Well that was weird. Hell, this whole thing is weird. 

“Well, I got fuck else to do.”

I decided not to turn my phone back on. So I aimlessly stood around. 

I can’t believe how boring it is to not have access to a phone. 

Finally, Hannah came back to the door after who knows how long. She was dressed in white beater and shorts that were drenched in sweat. “All… all done!” She announced through battered breaths. 

“…Done with what?” She was gone for a good amount of time, and it sounded like she was moving stuff around. 

Hannah’s eyes shot open, and her mouth hung open like a broken lid for a few seconds. “Nothing!”

Hannah turned around and ran inside of the house, leaving me outside by myself.

The door was still open and I didn’t want to awkwardly stand outside. 

I guess I’m supposed to come in.

I walked in and was greeted by some trash bags by the door. And a house that smelled like heavy duty cleaners.  

So that’s what she was doing. Can’t blame her though. You never think about how much of a pig you are until someone steps into your pigsty. 

There was a door that led upstairs, but it was closed. There was a door that led downstairs to the basement and it was open. 

Simple enough choice. 

I walked down stairs into the basement, and what I found was far outside of my expectations. 

The ceiling and the walls of the basement were covered with drywall and decorated with a bunch of video game paraphernalia. Not to mention the border where the ceiling meets the walls where covered with led lights, giving the entire room an ambient aesthetic. 

Then there was Hannah’s gaming station. Every single gaming console you could think of. Plus, a badass PC setup and a comfy looking pink and blue gaming chair. 

Her bed was huge and looked like something straight out of a demon lord's room. But, a kawaii demon lord. Seeing as to how her bed had devil spikes in purple and her sheets were pink. 

The more I looked around the more I was amazed. It was actually like its own house down here. It had a little kitchen, and I’m sure I recognized a bathroom down here as well. 

I finished looking around and my eyes landed on Hannah standing in the middle of her room with a nervous expression. “This is really nice. I can see why you skipped so much.” 

This comment elicited a smile from Hannah. I saw her visibly relax and she powered on one of her gaming systems before taking a seat in her comfy looking gaming chair. “Do you wanna play a game?” 

A smile came to my lips, and I felt the tension leave my body. “Sure.” 

 

16