Chapter 3 – First Hunt
2.3k 28 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aliel went to the forest hunting ground, the reason why she chose this hunting ground was because there are few players who go to the forest. The reason why players didn’t go to the forest was because of the terrain. The trees and bushes make the player’s vision narrows, causing the monster able to ambush the players easily.

Not only easy to get ambushed, because of the narrow vision, the players will also have a hard time finding a monster.

But, Aliel was an experienced player. She had played a lot of VR games in her free time, and her skill was real. Although she never entered a rank and didn’t register to be a professional player, her real skill is equal to the top 10 professional players.

“The monster in the forest is usually nimble and small, I must be careful.” Aliel pays a lot of attention to her surrounding as soon as she entered the forest.

The forest hunting ground in the newbie village was made up of tall tropical trees. The bushes were around Aliel’s ankle, so the vision wasn’t too bad for Aliel.

After entering around 50 meters into the forest, Aliel encountered the first monster. Aliel tried to see the monster's information and a text popped up above the monster’s head.

***

[Kick Rabbit](Common Monster)

Level 2

HP 120

***

“As expected, the monster in the forest is small and nimble. I should kill it quickly.” Aliel was ready to attack the monster. She runs towards the monster and unsheathed her Novice Sword.

The Kick Rabbit realizes Aliel and lets out a cry. Aliel didn’t let it let out the cry any longer, with Aliel’s movement speed, she reached the monster and slash her sword.

As Aliel’s sword made contact with Kick Rabbit's body, above Kick Rabbit’s head 12 points of damage appeared. It was 10% of Kick Rabbit’s HP, but it was high damage nonetheless. The Kick Rabbit was a level 2 monster, although it was a small monster, it had a defense higher than the level 1 monster.

The monster was also able to recover their HP as time passed, the usual rate is 10% of their HP every 10 seconds. That means the Kick Rabbit will regenerate 12 HP in 10 seconds. It was very challenging for a player to kill a higher-level monster.

The Kick Rabbit began its attack on Aliel, Kick Rabbit’s movement was fast as expected from a small monster. Aliel dodges it and attacks it again. Their exchanges keep going on, a series of -8, -10 keep appeared above the Kick Rabbit’s head. Aliel managed to deliver a last blow to the Kick Rabbit.

The Kick Rabbit’s body didn’t disappear even after Aliel kills it. Instead, it stayed in the place where Aliel delivers the final blow.

【System: Level 2 Kick Rabbit killed. Obtained 20 EXP. Obtained 3 copper coins】

Aliel EXP was filled to 1/10 of it.

“As expected, killing level 2 monster is tiring but the reward is good. I need to kill 10 of it to level up to level 2. But, why is the Kick Rabbit’s body still here?”

Aliel approached the Kick Rabbit’s body and touched it. After Aliel touched the body, a fur had appeared. She analyzed the fur and the result was [Kick Rabbit’s Fur] without any explanation.

“The game promotion said that the game will be based on realism. But I didn’t expect that the loot from the dead monster needs to be obtained manually. Atlas really goes all out with this game.”

Aliel begins moving to find another Kick Rabbit. She continued walked deeper into the forest and found some Kick Rabbit. Aliel killed 8 Kick Rabbit and obtained 8 Kick Rabbit’s Fur. After killing the 9th Kick Rabbit, Aliel opened her inventory.

“Killing 9 Kick rabbit give me 27 copper coins. Shall I go deeper to find another Kick Rabbit or should I go back to the forest entrance? Who knows that the Kick Rabbit that I kill earlier already respawned.”

Aliel decided to go back to the forest entrance. On her way back, she didn’t find any Kick Rabbit. Aliel decided to go to a different hunting ground, she exited the forest hunting ground and was about to made her way to the plain hunting ground.

Right after Aliel was about to exit the forest hunting ground, a big Kick Rabbit blocked her way.

“Oh, so that’s the reason why the Kick Rabbit’s gone. Is it a field boss? Let’s analyze it.”

Aliel analyzed the big Kick Rabbit and the information has appeared above the monster’s head.

***

[Large Kick Rabbit](Rare Monster)

Level 4

HP 350

***

“This is… bad, isn’t it. Well, let’s try to kill it. Even if I die, I got nothing to lose as I am still level 1.”

Aliel unsheathed her sword and run towards the Large Kick Rabbit. She slashed her sword aiming at the Large Kick Rabbit’s head.

The sword hit the Large Kick Rabbit’s head and a critical hit occurred. A number of -30 appeared above the Large Kick Rabbit’s head.

“I can do this!”

The Large Kick Rabbit leaped after getting hit on the head. He jumped around with the trees as footing, the Large Kick Rabbit attacked Aliel.

Because of the Large Kick Rabbit’s speed, Aliel can’t dodge and get hit for the first time.

A number of -25 appeared above Aliel’s head, and her body experienced the pain of getting hit.

“Guh!” A grunt escaped Aliel’s mouth. She gritted her teeth and focused her attention on the Large Kick Rabbit.

The Large Kick Rabbit attacked again, but this time Aliel managed to avoid it by stepping sideways. She thrust her sword into the Large Kick Rabbit’s abdomen and pushing it to the tree.

Because of the level difference, only -7 appeared above the Large Kick Rabbit’s head. Aliel decided to slash the Large Kick Rabbit continuously. After some time, the Large Kick Rabbit managed to escape from Aliel’s slash and jumping all around again.

The Large Kick Rabbit attacking Aliel with a different pattern from the previous one. This time, the Large Kick Rabbit not only using the tree as its footing, but the Large Kick Rabbit sometimes stopped for a while to bait Aliel and jumping again to attack her.

“This is bad, the AI of this monster is better than the previous one. Is it the difference between a Common monster and a Rare monster?”

Aliel got hit a few times and leaving her with 30HP. She opened her inventory to take out the health potion and drink it.

Aliel’s HP back to 60 and she began her attack on the Large Kick Rabbit.

“I already memorize your attack’s pattern!” Aliel stepped back when the Large Kick Rabbit launched its body to her.

She makes a downward swing using all her strength and hits the Large Kick Rabbit’s head. The Large Kick Rabbit was slammed to the ground and stopped moving. Aliel was confused, the Large Kick Rabbit still had some of its HP left, but why does it stop moving.

“Could it be, a stunning effect? I can stun the monster like this?” Aliel takes advantage of this situation to launch a barrage of slashes to the Large Kick Rabbit.

A series of damage appeared above the Large Kick Rabbit’s head.

-7,-9,-12,-8,…

The damages continued until the Large Kick Rabbit was almost released from the stun effect.

“This is the last!!”

Aliel thrust her sword to the Large Kick Rabbit’s head and damage of -15 appeared. The monster stopped moving after the last damage dealt by Aliel. Finally, a system sound was heard by Aliel, indicate that the Large Kick Rabbit had indeed died.

【System: Level 4 Large Kick Rabbit killed. Level difference of 3, 2x EXP was rewarded. Obtained 540 EXP. Obtained 50 copper coins】

Aliel became level 3 in an instant because of the bonus EXP. She didn’t expect killing a Rare monster with 3 level difference was rewarded by 2x EXP. But, that only show how hard it is to kill a monster with a level higher than the player’s level.

【System: Congratulations, as you are the first Rabbit Beastkin player that managed to kill a Rare Rabbit-type Monster. You are rewarded with a title [Lucky Rabbit]】

Another notification sounded, this time was an announcement about obtaining a title.

“Oh! I obtained a title. This is a surprise, is it this easy to obtain a title?”

Aliel decided to open her status to see the effect of her new title.

***

ID: Liel

Race: Beastkin

Type: Rabbit

Level 3

120/500

Title :

[Lucky Rabbit]

An item drop rate will be increased a little.

HP: 100/100

MP: 60/60

Physical Attack Power: 12

Magical Attack Power: 12

Defense: 6

Movement Speed: 1.4

Attributes :

STR: 5

CON: 5

DEX: 7

MAG: 6

Unused Points: 6

Skill: -

Equipment :

[Newbie Adventure’s grab] (Common)

Level 0

Defense +1

Requirements: 3 CON

Durability 6/10

[Novice Sword] (Common)

Level 0

Physical Attack +2

Requirements: 5 STR

Durability 12/15

***

“Ooh, I got to level 3 as I had expected. But the title though, isn’t it too vague? Item drop rate will increase a little, how much is a little?”

Aliel decided to think about it later, she didn’t know anything yet because the game was just released today. She planned to make research after she logged out from the game.

“Well, let’s loot the body. I hope something decent dropped.” Aliel approached the body and loot it. Aliel found a Large Kick Rabbit’s fur and a weapon from the Large Kick Rabbit’s corpse.

Aliel analyzed the weapon and the result has appeared in front of her.

***

[Swift Rapier](Uncommon)

Level 4

Physical Attack +5

DEX +2

Requirements: 7 DEX

Durability 20/20

***

“Nice, I got a weapon. Is it the effect of my new title? If that’s so then I’m really lucky to obtain this title, it will shine in the late game.” Aliel stuffed the Swift Rapier into her inventory. “For now let’s go back to the village and buy armor.”



Author Here~

More than 38 Advanced chapters (For ALL my series)  Are available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

Most of the money from my Patreon will go to help me write better and Ordering an Illustration for both of my works. Lastly thank you to all the patrons!! 

Also, Big thanks to the new Executive!!
- Dem1kles
- Thunderstorm XV

85