3- Night hunt [Edited]
7.6k 10 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a tall building...

Ahm and the sister were about to start with their usual hunt at night.

Jalter loves to use the Stray devils and other bad guys as stress relief while Jeanne just can't leave them knowing what they can do to the normal people.

But they noticed something different "weird... "

Said a young man dressed in black pants and shirt with red lining and white undertones, with black shoulder-length hair and rust-colored eyes, who appeared to be a male version of Dusk from Arknights.

He appears thin, but his body is packed with muscles designed for quick and decisive strikes.

His most noticeable features are a pair of antlers and painted arms  from his hands to his elbow, both are of a dark cyan color.

"Too many of them, seven Low-Rank and three Mid-ranks. I can't tell if they are in the lower or upper part of their ranks..." the radar only shows their general strength and that's without including the ones who can outperform their ranks.

"Oh? Maybe we got too popular? We have been cleaning them for a while... not that I mind the extra cannon fodders." Said a girl with a clear mocking tone.

She has long and loose white hair and yellow eyes and wears a dark blue jacket with black fur on the neck over a single piece black dress that goes from her chest down to her thighs 

Jalter decided to go out with her shinjuku costume.

"Then we must be careful, Ahm. It can be a trap" She says clearly worried, Devils ability to teleport is well known after all.

The girl looks exactly like the girl at her side, except for her blonde hair and blue eyes. She is dressed in a shirt, blue shorts, and boots.

She chose the clothes from the girl whose body she had borrowed in Fate Apocrypha.

"That's why we need to take them down; we need to know if anyone is after us. Here..." I used two simple masks, one white and one black. There is nothing in this appearance that would lead them to identify us. 

The mask is made of pure [Ink], making it easy to see through from the inside, and it sticks to the user's face until they want to remove it.

With that done, we moved towards our objective not before sending some [Ink] at them in the form of bugs and small animals, and thanks to the flies and bugs that had sneaked around them, I soon learned what they were talking about.

...

In the middle of a forest, a man in his early twenties is giving orders to the rest of the devils.

"They were killed. Unknown strength, based on their bodies they have not yet stepped into the High-ranking devil. The holy magic user is the main threat. We will kill them if they do not accept our offer."

...

We were being targeted, and our only options were to either hide until things calmed down or fight back.

And I knew well that Jalter wasn't backing off from a good fight, neither was I

As Jeanne… I guess she would just follow us. After all she isn't a warrior, she is here to help us and not because of the fighting itself.

I will need a big and quick move if I want to tip the scales in our favor.

When I was certain that everyone was ready to begin, I took my sword. 

It's the sword that Dusk uses, forged by Nian herself, it makes things easier by flowing the [Ink] through it rather than my body along other perks.

When doing large scale moves with my [Ink], this sword from my second wish is a great catalyst.

After taking Dusk's sword, a completely black female shadow with antlers and an estern dragon tail appeared behind me. 

One method I discovered for awakening the dormant strength that resides within the skill [Dusk] that I have yet to awaken.

Similar to double casting, although very inefficient.

While I'm holding the sword with both hands struggling to prepare for a great attack, the figure's posture is more relaxed as she's holding her sword with one hand, clearly demonstrating the difference in skill from both parts.

*Swoosh*

[Trascendental Stroke]

[The next attack has increased splash area and deals 250% ATK as Arts damage

Can store 3 charges]

This was Dusk's first skill back in the game and has become a fairly strong way for me to attack because I've seen it hundreds of times while playing Arknights, making the visualization needed much easier.

The skill creates a black bubble of [Ink] that then expands in all directions like an explosion in an instant.

A massive black bubble appeared in the midst of the devils' ranks, exploding before the weaker ones could react, creating a current of black water that dragged the devils to all sides with incredible force, dragging the seven Low-Class Devils across the floor.

The Middle-Rank had enough instincts to react in time.

Some unfortunate ones were pushed into a tree with enough force to cause cracking sounds, resulting in serious injuries and nearly killing three Low-class Devils.

But that wasn't all since the explosion was made of [Ink].

Little after the more capable ones could fly away, the [Ink] was molded into hands, claws, and even maws that began to try and grab them into the black pool beneath them.

The three surviving Low-Class devils were drenched in sweat as they watched their companions scream for help while being grabbed, pulled, bitten, and teared apart, to then be drowned into Satan knows where.

In five short seconds four devils killed just like that.

The Devil in charge shouted in anger while exploding his demonic power after watching devils under him die just like that. Clearly showing his strength at the high-end of the Middle-class "You will pay for this! Come out so I can tear you apart "

The Low-Class Devils may be treated like garbage but even humans get angry when one of their dogs die, much less a Devil.

But before he could start looking around, a figure in a black battle dress appeared in a flash taking advantage of his enraged state, trying to slam her flag into his back.

The devil managed to turn and stop the strike with a spell but it did little to stop the power behind the strike from sending him flying away.

"This one seems strong enough. Hey, Dusk! I'm picking this one" Then she dashed after her target without even waiting for a response.

153