30- Fighting a coward
1.9k 6 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There they stood facing each other... A Fallen Angel and a knight

On one side a Fallen Angel with masculine features, brown hair and silver eyes, Satanael was overseeing the fight happening below while providing some support and summoning more beasts to entertain his rival...

While on the other side...

Mordred was on the ground, surrounded by a never ending number of beats jumping, clawing and some even using their tails and modified tongues to assault her from all sides...

At this point her armor is bathed in blood and grime from all the bets that died under her sword giving her a fierce and intimidated appearance

The battle kept a thin but visible balance until Satanael decided to step forward sending multiple spells toward the armor clad knight, forcing Mordred to both jump and swing her sword to cut the incoming spells by half...

Of course, the beats wont let go such a change

As soon as she jumped, the beasts surrounding her performed a combined attack leaving the knight without a chance to evade or counterattack...

A great tactic that would work with any normal knight...

Sadly…

*boom*

With the red color illuminating the night, followed with the cracking sound of lightning sended the beasts flying by sheer strength, even the filt covering her armor disappeared with that [Mana Burst].

Not even her breath showed any signs of exhaustion... as if the minutes fighting the artificially made beasts was nothing more than just a little warm up...

"Are you done playing around!? Is this all you can do? Staying behind sole useless pets like the coward you are '' Mordred knows why Satanael is doing things...

Is obvious, without being bothered by her provocations or showing signs of stepping forward, a calm crow like him would first test his enemies...

Sending those beasts was nothing more than just that, a test to see how far she can last... obviously she kept even her display of swordsmanship at the bare minimum in order to catch him off guard...

"To think that Azazel would call for external help for something like this... Gregori is really falling apart... " After finishing his words, Satanael extended his hand, making a magic circle appear below Mordred... leaving her with no other option than jumping forward to evade the incoming attack...

Little more than a second after she left, Mordred could see light coming from the circle, followed by the sound and wind distinctive of an explosion...

"He!, lets see how much you can last " As Satanael's voice fell Modred was about to reach the ground but a similar symbol appeared where she was about to land...

This keep going for a while with Mordred evading the Magic Mines with pure speed and perception while slashing and evading the incoming light spells

Different from Jeanne whose Light Magic is focused on protecting and healing, Satanael is a fallen angel with a natural affinity towards the light element, and after years of practice and some going through a war his magic has become more focused on hurting his rivals...

Ending in a crude and simple way of casting spells, but an effective one, compressing light into sword and spear or shooting beams of pure light, slowly but surely luring Mordred into his trap...

It happened when she landed and the ground below her had no mines...

This time, the Magic Circles glowed all around where she landed... eighth magic circles in each direction and another one above her leaving her no space to dodge

*Boom*

Satanael rejoiced after seeing his opponent being lured and finally trapped in the trap he laid...

but the joy didn't last for too long...

A red light shot from the center of the explosion at an amazing speed, reaching the Satanel who was in the sky in no time!

By the time Satanael reacted to the red glowing Mordred it was already too late to evade, she was already in front of him prepared to launch a strike!

All Satanael could do in this situation was defend himself so he placed his energy into the barrier surrounding his body while casting another ln in front of him, he calculated that both of them were more than enough to stop the incoming strike...

but things not always go as planned

But before making the swing, the red aura surrounding Mordred's body started to creep towards the sword in her hands, making it glow in a ferocious and destructive red colour!

*slash*

"Ugh... " The familiar burning and wet sensation on his chest, followed by the distinctive smell of blood...

Even when strengthening both barriers as a last effort... that swing just went through like a hot knife through butter... as if all he did to strengthen it was in vain...

almost as if...

"I told you... stop playing around or it's gonna cost more than that little cut... " Mordred mocked the Fallen angel... getting a little impatient over the guy's lacking performance...

"You.. you were holding back this whole time! All to trick you so you can catch me off guard! " Satanael was angry... This much is nothing serious, something that is healing as they talk with his light magic... but the hit on his pride is what hurts the most...

"Of course dumbass, I'm known as the Knight of Treachery for a reason" Said Mordred while rolling her eyes… not that anyone can see it with her helmet on…

At first he thought that Barakiel was using the knight to set up a trap to prevent him from escaping, they already did something to his teleporting mist...

He took some distance and used a 'wait and see' approach in order to foil his plans but...

"Who would have thought that the knight itself was the trap! Well played Baraqiel, Well played!" Said Satanael while pointing at clueless Baraqial in the distance...

Who was making a 'all according to keikaku(just as planned)' face even if he doesn't know what's going on since he has been thinking about his daughter...

"Trap? I'm not that pink haired idiot..." Said Mordred a little annoyed...

While Satanael did the best thing to do in this situation...

The summoning his mist teletransporting a great amount of beast and sending them towards Mordred to distract her...

But Mordred wasn't buying more of that crap and filled Clarent with male making it glow with red light, and with a single horizontal slash the incoming monsters were swept by...

But Satanael coudnt been found anyware...



"Tsk. If only Ahm didn't asked me not to kill you... " Even if she sounds mad with the fleeing enemy... Mordred wasn't that much annoyed since there is one more enemy to fight... and this one is not a coward and rusty fallen angel who only focuses on researching Sacred Gears...

66