65- Chasen
1.3k 7 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What exactly is this thing?" The Devil's screams were nearly drowned out by the screams of the monster chasing him.

Pale as a corpse, elongated extremities, hands that ended in a pair bloody red claws and a mouth that opened inhumanly to make an even more horrifying sound after he attacked it with a spell that sent it flying and he approached it curiously allowing him to see Its face.

The Devil's mental stability was shaken by the impotence of his strength after attacking the monster that didn't even bother to defend itself for an entire minute, and the unnerving and persistent monstrous scream.

The Devil then used a barrage of spells to try to stop the scream, but nothing seemed to work.

And, as simple and ineffective as charging and clawing appear to be, the blood dripping from his chest said otherwise.

He only exhausted himself pointlessly, then he began running as the monster pursued him, not even flinching as he collided with his spells and the walls of his house.

His fear grew stronger as he realized the gravity of the situation he was in, from the start.

How did he get here without noticing anything strange?

Was he sleepwalking ?

No, he was awake and conscious, but this only made matters worse because he remembers everything since the moment he awoke, but why is everything so unusual and unlike himself?

What happened to the woman he slept with the night before?

What happened to everyone in this mansion, and why isn't anyone coming to help him despite his shouts and the noise from his spells?

Why is he unable to see or hear anyone?

He could only imagine the worst, but for the time being...

He needs to get rid of this!

Shooting a fire spell, the Devil used the light of the fire as a smokescreen and ran to the left after passing through a door, which was blasted into pieces by the monster that kept charging forward.

He could hear the destruction of walls and objects falling to the ground from where the monster passed through, but the joy of fooling it didn't last long as the sound of another useless wall being blown apart resounded behind him.

"Shit! " 

The Devil's instinct screamed at him to cast a spell on the monster relying on what he saw.

The monster had its claws embedded in the wall, and as soon as the sound of the wood breaking was heard, the monster jumped, claws wide open, like a tiger about to catch its prey towards him at full speed only to be greeted by the explosion of his spell.

*Boom*

The explosion threw the creature backwards, allowing the Devil to take a much-needed breath.

Taking advantage of the time, the devil began to run, soon reaching the main hall stairs, but he froze as he was about to jump and fly over to save time.

He expected another assailant in his home, but he didn't expect... that...

As the hair on his body stood up, he felt a shiver run down his spine.

He noticed another one grabbing something and pushing it further into its wide open mouth.

He wasn't surprised by the monster, but by what was at the end of the two long struggling legs that It was pushing down its throat

A pair of red heels he recognized instantly because...

He bought them for her last week...

*Gulp*

The sounds of wood breaking thundered in the silence of the main hall as the pale monster gulped, making the It look his way.

*Crack*

The Devil's hand, whether driven by fear or rage, pressed down hard on the wood railing, breaking it...

The same situation happened, the Devil and the pale guy locked eyes, and soon rage began to feel the creature as its mouth enlarged, allowing another enraged screech to blast the silence of the hall.

Remembering how long the last monster screamed, the Devil began to run around, only to have his hope crushed after crossing the first door.

His servants, guards, and even peerage members were being dragged and devoured by monsters and even the walls as if they had come to life, its wood-like tendrils dragging their unconscious bodies to its dark interiors.

But that wasn't all; the hall began to fill with more shrieks, and the Devil finally looked around the main hall as figures began to march towards his location.

Through the window, he can even see hundreds of Shadows approaching his mansion clouding his mind with what's going to happen to him. 

A more feminine scream was heard as a similar pale and bloodied handed female appeared, followed by dozens of the same creatures.

Dozens crawled slowly from the doors, walls, and even entering from the windows.

As a familiar one crawled down the stairs and he recognized it. 

That's the one he blew up.

Smoke rising from its skin as a result of the fire spell, it moved slowly, and its gaze terrified the Devil with each step breaking and crumbling the last strand of stability in his mental defenses. 

"help" 

Are they all like this? 

"Help" 

Indestructible? 

"Help!" 

Inexhaustible

"HELP" 

What happened to everyone? 

What will happen to me? 

"SOMEONE HELP ME! " 

… 

Not far away from the mansion…

… 

I have to admit that Asura is fantastic now that I can shape it into something other than a bunch of different hands.

And it's clear that it's more than just a new skill or element to use; it has feelings and thoughts even if they're basic, so it seems that it ended up being something more, like a spirit or elemental.

The Devil was overwhelmed.

You'll need something extremely powerful to break through its defenses because it eats everything including the energy behind attacks, and even if you manage to hurt it it will simply grow back.

It doesn't mean it's indestructible; someone like Sirzech can damage it with his Destruction power, and even beat it if he annihilates its entire body in a single attack.

"Dusk, your... abilities are truly fascinating." A voice came from behind me; this is where we decided to regroup, so it appears that he is the first to finish on his side.

He is the most powerful Devil for a reason.

His Destruction may be powerful but mine beats it in versatility without a doubt. 

"Unlike you, I'm still learning my abilities. How did things go on your end?" As we watched my monster finish things up, eating the captured Devils and moving them into a prison connected with their insides, two of them clearly bigger and stronger than the rest approached us.

"No, Miss Scáthach took care of the most troublesome part, but... I made a mistake and destroyed the King Piece with its owner." Sirzechs looked troubled, but he spoke as if it were a tribal matter, not caring about losing a potential future pillar of the Devil race. 

The two who approached us were made with [Asura Mist], and the male has a Mask that fits his character.

They both quickly transformed into Mist and entered my body, they felt happy as if they were relieved to be able to go out and play for once.

"You should ask Ajuka about that; he's in charge of the Pieces, but it should be fine as long as they don't fall into the wrong hands." He's the leader of an entire race, not me. He is well aware of what he is doing.

"I will do that, as well as check to see if there are any complications on the other side; could you send me to Ajukas' location?" As Sirzechs finished, a [Door] appeared on his side, leading to Ajuka's location.

Soon after, he crossed it, and after double-checking that he wasn't in the way, another person made herself known.

"Why would he lie… ?" enquired a familiar voice, which belonged to a stunning purple-haired woman.

"Who knows, but it isn't our concern. How did things go on your end?" Scáthach took care of two people, kind of. 

She took care of Ruval Phenex, who isn't really culpable because he is not using a Piece, the Heir of the Phenex clan and-

"Fufufu. You have a really cute face. To be honest, I like it." Another voice was heard filled with list and desire and then noticed that Scáthach came with company. 

Long, wavy, cherry blossom hair and two horns protruding from her head. She wears a high-cut formal dress with high slits and has a well-endowed bust and slim waist.

She appears to be in her twenties and has thst Ara Ara energy...

Had, until Scáthach glared at her and pulled out her spear.

Roygun Belphegor, one of the strongest underworld beauties after Grayfia and Sera-chan...

And it's not without reason: she's extraordinary, not at the level of the girls but definitely not far from there. 

Now it's turn for Scáthach to glare at me which resulted in Roygun giggling at us. 

"Too bad that you are already taken, boy. What a shame you are my type~ " It doesn't take a genius to notice my relationship with Scáthach 

She is quite carefree, especially for someone whose body is filled with runes sealing her powers… 

I looked at Shishou, remembering what I knew about this women. 

Roygun Belphegor, the head of the Belphegor clan. 

She wasn't really Evil for what I can remember as in some way she is similar to Scáthach since she is trapped in her own world. 

Her life is centered in one thing and with this event, she lost it. 

I'm not sure if she's a battle junkie, a game addict, someone who enjoys the fame that rating games bring, or someone who is used to something and refuses to let it go.

I'm not sure why or how much she enjoys the rating games, but it seems to be everything she cared about in the series so... It's no surprise that she stopped peacefully.

She has no hope of ever defeating Shishou...  

Sigh

I forgot how troubling Shishou can be at times.

What's next? 'Convincing' someone important from a faction to be her student? 

With everything said, tonight's event will shake the entire Underworld and even the human world; many people in positions of authority will lose their positions and will be forced to resign as a result of this King Piece incident.

It will have a significant impact on the political world, the business community, the human world, and many other areas.

And there's a lot more waiting for Sirzechs and the rest...

We also need to prepare for it.

At least everything is going we-

48