Chapter Fourteen: Expanding Influence
286 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the minutes after Antonio began his personal quest to understand what would happen depending on how and where he used his powers, he began to make choices. Each time he used his powers the effects would ripple out in expected and unexpected ways, but due to his ability to see the future, he easily ended every chance he might have had at being surprised. 

The young man, a boy really, activated his powers and the world began to feel the impact of them. As he did that, he smiled and readied himself to feel his influence begin to creep across the world.


Distant portions of the world felt the subtle power of the omniverse's most potent being in different ways. For some people, such as a family of devout worshipers of local spirits in Indonesia, the influence was surprisingly dramatic and direct. A group of would-be murderers who were holding them at gunpoint were suddenly affected by "Heaven's King" and perished instantly, all six of them dying while their leader had been in the middle of a villainous monologue.

The pious family felt their minds fill with an intimate awareness of their savior, who granted them knowledge of his existence through an application of one of his favorite and most surreal abilities; "Emanation". The family had been locked in their own home while their assailants had attempted to get their friends and relatives to pay a ransom that no one had been able to afford, and when their would-be murderers perished their savior blessed them with knowledge of his existence. 

The family was exposed to wisdom-increasing lights by their lord, who opted to turn them into some of his first disciples. As he did this they gazed into the beautiful lights, and as they did they felt his will suffuse them. They offered themselves freely to him, eager to know and be of use to their divine savior. 

For others, the influence of the lord of destiny was more subtle but even impactful in the long run. Antonio used some of the powers he granted himself through "Power Architect" to control and manipulate the weather. With his powers, he altered the future in impactful ways such as by preventing hurricanes and other natural disasters that would have devastated certain portions of the globe such as Africa and Central America. He did this freely and without expecting any sort of reward, purely to keep areas where he planned for his influence to be strong from being weakened by things that humanity by themselves wouldn't have been able to address. 

That said, Antonio's first real usages of his powers weren't limited to events on Earth. The young god also aided some of his own forces who were already beginning to spread throughout the solar system.


Antonio's forces, quadrillions of diverse lifeforms located within his legendary Black Artifact were just beginning to seep into the universe. The quadrillions of lifeforms, be they organic or inorganic had already created a portal into the actual universe, one situated just a few astronomical units outside of the solar system in which Earth was located. 

That empty space was rapidly filling with trillions of spaceships and robots larger than some moons. Antonio's usage of his mighty powers instantly created numerous space-stations and warp gates for his faction to immediately be able to use to travel throughout the universe. The previously empty space rapidly became a vibrant space filled with all manners of life, many times more diverse than Earth had ever been. 

The warp gates, truly gigantic megastructures, were spread throughout an area perfectly surrounding the solar system which housed Earth. Each of the megastructures was gigantic, several times larger than Jupiter, and in defiance of physics could easily send spaceships and other objects from one end of the universe to another with ease, or even allow an object to go from outside of the solar system to Earth itself in an attosecond. Antonio's forces were grateful to their lord for the favor he showed them in gifting them with such potent technology so easily and began to joyously pray to their lord. 

Antonio was not doing this to be kind, however, for his plans involved his forces becoming the first extraterrestrials to make themselves known to humanity. Earth wasn't quite ready for them, not just yet, but when the time came he intended for his forces to be in position and ready. 

The most advanced forces, incredibly subtle machines made of atto-scale technology began to creep into the solar system and inch towards Uranus to begin to enact the mysterious will of the lord of the Black Artifact. As they did, the sun began to rise higher and higher into the sky over Redsville.


With my machinations proceeding at a decent pace I found myself seated at a luxurious table in my dining room. I was far from alone, with Imani and Titania seated at either side of me, and my other servants seated at other, slightly farther seats. On the table in front of me was a delicious and simple breakfast consisting of bacon, pancakes, and a side of fruits. I was steadily picking at it, and my servants all steadily ate their own breakfasts as well. 

None of us actually needed to eat, but the truth was that I enjoyed eating. It was a fun way to kill time and I enjoyed the ways that thing tasted, especially now that my senses were perpetually sharpening. Each time I bit into even the simplest food I gained an increased appreciation for the time and energy that went into the making of each and every dish and delighted in the fact that no two bites were ever alike. My companions weren't as sensitive to taste as I was, but nevertheless, they enjoyed the expertly cooked food provided by the robots that staffed the elegant manor. I turned to look at Manuel and began to speak. 

"Hmm... In your opinion as an economic expert, what do you think we should purchase today?" I asked, looking at the man curiously. He chuckled as he stabbed some of his bacon with a fork. 

"There are lots of things worth investing in, in this world. That said, as far as investments go... My lord, do you desire for this place to be the capital of your faithful on Earth?" Manuel asked me, curiously. I considered his question for a second, before ultimately shaking my head. 

"No, I don't. I'd want to have to mini-capitals in each region." I explained, casually. This caused the man to nod at me. 

"In that case, it might not be a bad idea for me to travel to different parts of the globe, or for you to create clones of me that travel to different parts of the world and begin to make preparations for that." He informed me, quite wisely. Such an ability was something I could do with ease. That caused Imani's eyes to widen since the priestess had not considered that that was something I could do. 

"My lord, if you can do that then please do it to me. That way I can more efficiently convert the people of this world to your faith!" She asked me, urgently. I chuckled at her and rose my hand. I pointed a single finger at her and she suddenly began to shiver as she felt the raw potency of my powers momentarily study her and then create an exact replica of her. The clone did not appear here, but rather in her room, and as she did I watched Imani's eyes widen in sheer delight as she felt her mind connect to that of her clone, forming one potent hivemind. 

"Thank you, master!" She said, delightedly as she began to transmit thoughts to her clone, and her clone began to do the same thing. I turned to Manuel and repeated what I had just done, creating a clone of his that came into existence in his room and was mentally linked to the man himself. As I did that I began to speak. 

"My focus is to slowly and steadily turn Latin America into the closest thing I have to a capital. Can I ask you to focus there first? I would like to begin small, by creating jobs and economic opportunities throughout that region." I told him, causing the man to nod. And then he voluntarily began to explain what else he'd do, with a smile.

"I will go ahead and begin to make purchases here, but my clones will go to different parts of the world and create opportunities for you to begin to influence the globe. Latin America will be our initial focus, but we'll quickly begin to spread out." He informed me with a brilliant smile. I turned to Imani and gave her her task for today, which differed from her task from yesterday. 

"Today you, Titania and I are going to go and spread my influence directly. I have created a clone of mine that will head to class in my place, but our goals for the day are simple; we're going to get some of the most important people in town to acknowledge my divinity." I told the two of them, with a bright smile, even as I created a clone of myself to send to class in my place. My two followers looked at me brightly, and I knew that both of them were eager to see my influence expand and spread across the globe. 

7