Chapter Twenty: Dark Brides
238 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For what would have been several minutes had time still been moving forward Rebeza and I remained connected through our lips. She remained enshrouded in darkness, as the potent power of a sanguinarch affixed itself to her soul, and while that was occurring she gave me a gift of her own. 

Rebeza, as a veritable goddess of lust, had an array of potent lust-based abilities. One of those abilities was the mighty power of the highly infectious disease known as the "Lust Plague". This arcane disease was capable of infecting gods and goddesses as readily as it could infect mundane mortals, and while it was never fatal that didn't mean that it didn't have power of its own. Rebeza was the creator and ruler of this disease, and while we kissed the disease seeped into me and manifested rather creatively on my body. 

The area right above my member pleasantly burned as a symbol of a stylized uterus appeared on it. It was almost like some sort of eldritch birthmark that filled me with the power to control and command not only the "Lust Plague" but also any disease that was capable of being sexually transmitted. The disease was a potent weapon, one that I planned to enjoy spreading as much as I was coming to enjoy my powers as a sanguinarch. 

When we finally stopped kissing, several "minutes" after we began, the darkness that totally enshrouded the newest member of my harem began to slowly fade away. As it did I got a good look at the nearly almighty fallen angel and archdemoness of lust. The creature before me radiated power and beauty, in a dark and unholy sort of way. 

Rebeza smiled at me as she began the process of mentally adjusting to her new abilities and physiology. As she did I felt things occurring even while time itself was frozen.

I felt our shared darkness seep into her home, the potent dimension she had long dubbed her "Sanctum". It was becoming a part of my "Domain" due to my nature as a sanguinarch, a being who could claim absolute lordship over territory itself if I had a strong enough connection to a place. I also felt my own body filling with the corruption that Rebeza, and now I, ruled over. 

Her corruption was a potent thing that made those infected by it much more likely to give in to their darker impulses, as well as filling them with loyalty toward her. As Rebeza's corruption seeped into me and filled my every cell with its potent might it ceased to be solely "hers" and became "ours". That, mixed with the various powers I had gained when I became the Grand Adonis, was an especially potent mix. I could see, from a strategic point of view, why she had wanted someone to come along who possessed the powers she had listed as part of being the Grand Adonis.


"Dark Brides" are creatures who are the perfect mates of their sanguinarch creators. They are unbelievably powerful despite not being ascendants themselves, due to their perfect connections to their mates and their abilities to use the sanguinarch powers of their mates. 

A "Dark Bride" was a creature who was either created by a sanguinarch altogether from nothing, or an existing creature that a sanguinarch transformed into their "Dark Bride". They gained access to all of the species-wide traits of a sanguinarch, such as their ultra-human physique, their ability to feed on the five sources of the font of power known as essence, and even had the ability to, at the moment they ascended and became dark brides, select and use one of the three focuses available to sanguinarchs. 

Rebeza was a powerful creature of pride and already possessed an ultra-human physique all on her own due to her initial nature as one of the mightiest fallen angels in existence, hence she didn't need the power of the "Savage" focus. She also possessed the sort of power that would have been granted to her by the potent "Cultured" focus due to her own innate charisma and arcane might. Therefore the only real choice for her was the terrifying power granted by the "Dominating" focus, the same sort of power that Antonio himself had already begun to use in subtle but important ways. 

In addition to that, she now had the ability to skillfully wield the potent powers that Antonio had granted himself when he used "Power Architect" to become a sanguinarch. Even as she gazed at the man she had come here to seduce and marry she felt some of his more sinister powers surging into herself, expanding her repertoire and magnifying her overall level of power. 

The first thing the potent entity when she was freed from the cocoon of darkness that had engulfed her while she had been undergoing her metamorphosis into one of her fiancé’s "Dark Brides" was take a step away from her new partner and extended her hand into the air. As she did she made use of one of her own native abilities and reached into an "Inventory" space, one not dissimilar from Antonio's own potent "Inventory" space.


I watched as Rebeza reached into what amounted to the ether and noticed her hand vanishing as she activated one of her own abilities. She seemed to rummage around in the ability, and as she did that I wondered if that was what other people saw when I activated my "Inventory" ability. She spent a second searching around it, and then her hand reappeared and there was a small ring inside of it. 

The ring was an elegant thing, consisting of a small silver band and had a single gorgeous, clear diamond embedded in it. Rebeza repeated what she had done to grab the one ring and pulled out another one as well but with her other hand. She stepped forward and smiled at me as she did. 

"I... still need a second to process everything that happened since you effectively did to me what I had wanted to do to you, but these are the engagement rings I wanted us to have." She explained, a bright, and loving smile on her face. I studied the things, and my new partner, and then extended my hand towards her. She giggled, gently, and placed the ring on my finger before giving me the other one and extending her hand so that I could do the same to her. I did so and then wrapped my arms around her again. 

For a moment the potent archdemoness was still in arms. I felt her heartbeat, surprised that despite her immortal status she allowed her heart to do that. My own heart didn't beat, due primarily to my nature as a sanguinarch, and I was a new immortal. She then sighed and wrapped her arms around me. 

Rebeza was tall, standing right around six feet, but she was shorter than I was by a few inches. As I held her for a second, allowing her warmth to flow into me and for my warmth to flow into her, I felt our powers mixing and mingling. 

Rebeza had accepted an invitation into my harem so I felt her body and soul accepting the potent powers of "Perfect Form", "Meta-Immortality", and "Bliss". She took to those powers with ease, her soul already innately possessing facets of each power but now she was gaining their perfected, truest forms aside from the caveats that they were under my control. 

Her physical appearance didn't change even as she accepted the other benefits of "Perfect Form". While form-shifting was a part of "Perfect Form", and her version was subjected to my preferences, I had no real desire for her form to shift. Physically, all I wanted was for her to be happy with how she looked and I wasn't surprised that she was. I knew everything about her after all. Plus, our minds were linked, in a variety of ways now. I was more aware of this than my "Bride" was, but as she adjusted to the potent effects of being one of my dark brides that changed. She suddenly looked at me with wide eyes as she felt the subtle but solid connection we shared. 

"I... Wow!" She mentally uttered, as she suddenly felt the potency of our connection. It was a vibrant connection that tethered us fully to each other, and due to my own innate mastery of my abilities, I knew that it was an indomitable, inviolable connection. So long as we wanted to stay tethered to each other we would be. 

"It's really something isn't it?" I asked her, mentally. I even gestured to my head as I did so, to emphasize where I'd be speaking from. As I did the potent demoness grinned at me and placed a hand on her stomach. 

"It truly is... And can you feel our corruption? Remarkable..." She uttered, her voice audible in my mind even without her words. Beyond just the effects our intermingling was having on her corruption, though, were the ways her other powers were mixing with mine. Ways that surprised even me.


I was sensitive to the nuances of each of my powers, thanks to my own innate "Power Mastery" ability. Even subtle mutations such as some of the ones that were being caused by my choice to fuse my powers with Rebeza's corruption were not going unnoticed by me. Among other things, I had a one-way mental link to anyone who Rebeza had corrupted, from fallen angels and seduced demons and devils to humble farmers in other universes, as well as the ability to possess anyone who had been seduced by my newest power. 

I also possessed far more direct and offensive abilities incorporating corruption than my bride did. All of her powers were focused on seduction and allure, and while I gained those powers her corruption mixing with me also granted me new powers she didn't have such as the ability to channel corruption destructively and to forcefully inject someone with corruption. I had also gained other fun abilities that I knew I'd be able to use in ways that were interesting to me if no one else, but for now my primary focus was to share my powers with her. 

I closed my eyes and activated "Power Architect". As I did I focused on the potent powers I had acquired as a consequence of my unholy union with my new bride. I also utilized my own powers over time to undo her freezing of time around us, causing everyone in the room to suddenly begin to be able to move again. 

Needless to say, everyone in the room was shocked to see the sudden appearance of a breathtakingly beautiful fallen angel.

If you know me, you know I like Troyx's content. Sanguinarchs, other ascendant beings, and Grand Adonises all hail from his own setting(s) on Reddit, and Questionable Questing. To see Sanguinarchs, click here, and to learn about the Grand Adonis click here. Incidentally, the setting of Raul the Reality-Reshaper (another story of mine) is heavily influenced by Troy's setting and lore.

5