Chapter Thirty Six: Neighboring Places
181 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Antonio..." Titania uttered, her voice a gentle purr as she felt my arms wrap around her. She relaxed and leaned back, allowing herself to more deeply fall into my warm hug. 

"Come love..." I whispered, and as I spoke I heard her heart begin to hammer rapidly in her chest. I smiled and began to kiss her hair, even as she moved and with superhuman grace spun in my arms so that she could face me.

As I kissed her hair, repeatedly, softly, I allowed my mind to race and to surge as I considered how best to enact my schemes. Time was frozen around me, and with a thought, I could effortlessly turn my astral selves into physical bodies. Curiously, that wasn't an innate ability that I possessed courtesy of the "Multisense" power but rather a component of one of the "Pinnacle Powers" that I possessed. 

"Pinnacle Powers" were incredibly mighty powers that bestowed truly tremendous power upon their wielders. I possessed a number of them, as befit my status as a sort of ultimate being, and one of them was dubbed "Hyperion" as a homage to the Titan of the same name. Unsurprisingly that particular power was a mighty one that granted me the sort of control and power over energy that its namesake had over the light of the sun.

With "Hyperion" I was granted vast, cosmic, and conceptual control over energy. Due to this, I was a natural master at making use of things like lasers to attack my foes, as well as capable of absorbing any and all energy for the sake of my own machinations. That later ability was one I planned to experiment with in the future since I also possessed other abilities like "Nanokinesis" and "Absorb" due to my artificial nature as the omniverse's greatest omega lord. 

With that in mind, while my primary body was here in my home I was able to enact my machinations elsewhere. And that was something that I began to do immediately. Beyond that though, I also prepared myself to use this body. There was a place I wanted to visit, thanks to the potent knowledge I possessed of even Earth's magical history. 

"Want to join me on a trip?" I asked both of my brides, smiling as I did so. Neither of the women hesitated in their affirmative responses, eager to watch me enact more schemes and begin to involve more of Earth in my plots. Though, coincidentally, where we were going wasn't quite Earth.


The frozen world was a strange place. Throughout it were various non-frozen things, masses of astral energy that allowed their creator to study the artificially stilled planet with ease. Nothing escaped the notice of the powerful divinity. 

Whether it was an accident that was about to happen in a factory, or someone who was attoseconds from perishing atop a hospital bed, nothing went unnoticed. The silent divinity, who had been content to watch the world until now, opted to try something new; actively making direct moves beyond the confines of the city of his apotheosis. For now, he would do more than act through servants, indeed he would take to the stage himself.

With nothing more than a thought the powerful deity transformed several of his astral selves into full, true, bodies. Those bodies were every bit as powerful as he was, possessing all of his powers and abilities, and as soon as they became corporeal they moved to enact his, their, machinations. 

All over the world, the bodies surged forward filled with determination. They would manifest fully, resplendently showcasing a fraction of their true beauty and archetypal, conceptual handsomeness, with surging auras that filled those they would awaken with bliss and joy. 

The creature proceeded to awaken countless humans, hundreds of such people, across the entire planet. He would fill them with knowledge of his existence. Scientists in the depths of secretive government facilities, celebrities in the middle of a premiere for their latest films, students and teachers in the middle of learning, and even politicians were filled with the joy-inducing knowledge that there was indeed a deity who was watching them and who was slowly altering the world. 

Beyond that though, the creature and his two brides also prepared to make one truly significant move. One that would matter much more than the act of alerting humans to his existence.


If time hadn't been frozen, a few minutes would have passed between the time that I first unfroze Titania and now. In front of the three of us, Rebeza, Titania, and I stood a brilliant portal leading into one of the world's sacred hiding places; a dimension adjacent to Earth named Avalon. 

We could peer through the portal and when we did we saw a vast courtyard leading to a castle that was perfectly still. The courtyard was intricately maintained, done by magical people with vast power over nature. Avalon was the home of the majority of Earth's fae population and was considered a part of Earth by its inhabitants despite the fact that it was more accurate to say it was another world.

I took the hands of my two brides, and with a smile I stepped through the portal, guiding my companions into it with me. When we stepped through we felt a wave of heat wash over us thanks to the heat of the perpetual summer climate of Avalon. I shivered as I felt the magical air of the place wash over me, and seep into my lungs. 

"Magic..." I uttered, as I felt the raw potency of the place's atmosphere. Titania and Rebeza also shivered as they felt it, the raw and natural magic seeping into their cells. The air felt different than the air on Earth did, especially to creatures as sensitive, from a sensory standpoint, as we were. We could quite literally smell and taste the magic in the air, magic which all three of us knew was designed to make Avalon a delight to the senses. 

As I stood in the space just beyond the portal I allowed myself to study the vast architecture of the place around me. Now that I was through the portal I could see more than just the courtyard, and I turned to allow myself to get a better view of my surroundings. 

The courtyard itself was in the middle of a gigantic city, one far larger than any city I could have ever conceptualized prior to my ascension. The city was frozen, but I could see towering skyscrapers in the distance, and a number of floating vehicles were caught in the middle of flying from place to place. They hovered in the air, and I could see arcane fire propelling some of them forward though none emitted any smoke or other pollutants. 

All around us were a number of guards, elven men, and women who wore elegant armor and carried sharp spears. They were in the middle of conversing and had been frozen just like that. As I glanced at them I felt their memories, knowledge, thoughts, and secrets begin to seep into my mind. 

Their expert knowledge of this place proved handy as it let me know where I wanted to go. As I studied them I began to smile and speak. 

"These fine ladies and gentlemen are guiding us to our final destination." I explained, cryptically. Rebeza understood my meaning immediately, but Titania did not so I chuckled and offered a clearer explanation. 

"My passive psychometry has allowed me to learn where I want to go by looking at these guards. They all know the palace like the back of their hands." I explained, more clearly. Titania nodded in understanding, and I began to walk. As I did, I began to manifest my more fascinating passive powers, such as my aura of joy and a fraction of my divine beauty, and motionlessly opened a portal in front of us that led us from the courtyard and into the depths of the castle.


Back on Earth, one of the formerly astral bodies that had been watching over the part of Los Angeles known as the Hollywood Hills was inside of a small mansion. This body silently moved through the mansion, taking its time since it had all the time it wanted in the world. 

The creature had a humanoid body type but was far, far more beautiful than any human could ever even dream of being. It studied the building, its mind filling with more and more knowledge as it glanced at every object the small mansion's owner possessed. The owner was an Argentinian-born actress named Rachel Montenegro, and she was frozen in her living room, watching television. 

The silent creature entered the living room and studied the actress's sleek and white-focused sense of style. The living room was painted an almost harsh shade of white and had an array of furniture which went well with that. Her plasma television was turned on and displayed a frozen image from the news, while the actress herself lazily ate an early dinner. 

The creature smiled at her and stepped forward, before lightly tapping her forehead and awakening her. She gasped when she saw the strange creature, and almost fell back which made the powerful being smile. 

"Hello, Rachel... It's nice to meet you." The creature uttered, doing an excellent job of hiding his excitement. Rachel did an exceptional job of steeling herself long enough for some of the creature's currently activated passive abilities; his "Aura of joy" and "Peacemaker" abilities to take hold. Those two powers were part of him due to his "Power Architect" bestowed nature as an anael, a seemingly mythical over-divinity of joy, love, light, happiness, life, and other, related concepts. 

Rachel began to calm down, and despite her awareness that her own feelings on the matter were incredibly odd. She glanced at the being, but couldn't bring herself to hate or even fear the thing, and indeed the more she gazed at it the more the passive effects of its supernatural presence began to fill her mind. 

"I... What are you?" She asked, despite knowing logically that the creature in front of her was most likely a human being. The being itself chuckled in response to her question. 

"I am Antonio, and I am a god. A true, living god." The creature replied, almost cryptically. His voice was filling with the passive beauty he emanated, which had a mighty and almost immediate calming effect on Rachel. As incredible as the being's words were, Rachel couldn't bring herself to doubt them due to the mighty and brilliant aura of joy he was radiating. The more he spoke the more she fell under its sway.

"I lived my entire life on Earth, believing myself to be human until just yesterday. Yesterday the powers that had been burning inside of my soul awoke and I underwent an apotheosis. I am now building my church, for I believe that I deserve worship, and I am seeking humans I believe to be worthy of spreading my word." The creature explained, gently, and calmingly. 

Even now he was benefitting from his "Eternal Ascension" power and every word he uttered was passively more persuasive than the last. Before Rachel's very eyes he was becoming... more. He was becoming more attractive, more calming, more joy-inducing. 

"Antonio, do you believe me to be worthy?" She asked, meekly. To be fair to her, it wasn't because she was meek or anything. She was behaving meekly because she stood in the presence of an actual god. Antonio was a true divinity, a being who had the power to create entire multiverses with a snap of his fingers, and she was a mortal. That knowledge colored how she felt, and how boldly she would be willing to act.

"Yes, my little fashionista... I believe you are worthy." The divinity explained, casually revealing an awareness of Rachel's secret dream; to be a fashion designer. As he uttered that, the actress's eyes filled with joy and with tears. 

"I actually have plans and plans for you. And they involve you becoming this world's most famous fashion designer..." The creature explained, even as he again touched her forehead and this time activated some of his mighty psychic powers. The actress's eyes filled with white light and became colorless orbs as he gave her a series of gifts. The first, and simplest, of the gifts he was bestowing, was immortality. As incredible as that gift was that was the least important gift he was giving her. 


My companions and I stepped through the portal that appeared in front of us the instant it appeared. In doing so we found ourselves inside of a private room in the depths of the castle the courtyard was a part of. 

The room was gigantic, but it was also weirdly empty. It was almost completely devoid of furniture aside from a few places to put clothes lining the walls, and a massive bed in the middle of the room. Atop the bed sat a frozen member of Avalon's royal family; their rather androgynous-looking prince. He was not sleeping, though at the moment he was frozen. 

He radiated a brilliant aura of blue light, due to the powerful magic he possessed. His aura hung around him and shrouded him in his own dramatic lighting, though he himself was more an icon of sloth than an active force of nature. 

"And there is the prince of Avalon... What a shame that he isn't more active." I uttered, as I looked at my brides and smiled. They smiled back, and turned to look at the figure curiously. They lacked my potent psychometric abilities and so what they knew was limited to what they could see and sense. 

The well-dressed, well-groomed, lazy prince was a fascinating figure that I planned to have fun with. He'd be part of my first foray into non-human politics beyond my control over my megaworlds. I approached the frozen man, and lightly tapped his forehead. The instant that I did the light in his eyes returned and he glanced at me and my brides and curiously began to study us. 

"Hello, Prince Hawthorne." I said warmly, a bright smile on my face as I watched my powers begin to steadily intrude upon his mind and soul. 

1