Chapter 26 Fall
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the moonlight, Alex stood panting while leaning against a boulder behind the hill. The seven dead bodies of the hyenas laid scattered around him.

Exhausted, Alex rummaged his backpack for some food. He found few pieces of Redhog's meat and began consuming them. While recovering, he communicated with Varis in the sky.

"How are the other battle's going?" asked Alex.

[Fine.  The faceless man is still fighting the big guy. The green mistress fight is about to end. Oh, the wolf guy's just finished his battle and is coming towards you.] replied Varis.

Alex instantly became alert. That guy was definitely coming with bad intentions. Alex ate the meat faster and tried to recover his mana as much as possible.

Just as he took the last bite, he saw the annoying silhouette in the distance. Using the Eagle vision, Alex can see Simon with his messy hair and an arrogant look, riding on his great wolf.

"Varis, how much stronger is the wolf than you."

[Not much. It should still be a common-tier beast like me. It is just a little older.] Alex almost forgot Varis was still learning to fly a week ago.

In the distance, Simon saw the headless bodies of the seven hyenas and was shocked. Although the seven beasts were common-tier beasts, they could not be underestimated when they enter berserk mode. Not to mention the Alex was just a Rookie.

However, seeing the other guy panting and soaked in blood, Simon regained his confidence and relaxed vigilance.

'In the end, A Rookie is still a rookie. He must have used some kinds of tricks.' thought Simon.

Simon's gaze fell on the compound bow in Alex's hand and his interest increased. He never saw such a powerful common-bow without any magic inscriptions. Even the bow's design was ingenious.

'If I can get this thing, I will inscribe it with powerful magic and gain a superb bow. Father could then copy the design and equip it to our mercenaries. Two birds with one stone.' thought Simon while thinking of ways to get it in his hands.

Alex saw the greedy look in Simon's eyes and involuntarily touched his gun.

"Mr. Alex, After finishing my fight, I came right away to help you. How are you doing?" said Simon with worry in his eyes.

Alex did not buy it. He stayed silent and focused on recuperating.

Perceiving that Alex was reserved, Simon changed his tactics.

"Mr. Ryder, I sincerely apologize if I had caused you any trouble before. But please understand that I had to be vigilant when meeting a stranger in the middle of a forest," said Simon.

"I understand," said Alex, while relaxing his tense shoulders.

"Mr.Ryder, I admire your talent very much. Killing seven hyenas when you are still a Rookie, you are a genius," said Simon.

"Thank you for your praise, Mr. Simon. You are also a genius, defeating three hyenas at your level," said Alex shaking his head.

Simon's face became stiff, and he barely regained his composure. He quickly changed the conversation.

"That's a wonderful bow you have there, Mr. Ryder. Can I see it?"

"Nope, it's a family heirloom. I cannot give it randomly," said Alex.

Simon's face fell as he stopped talking while thinking if it's possible to just snatch the damn thing.

[The rose mistress is coming.] said Varis.

Soon, Alex saw Rose running towards them at fast speed.

"Alex, thank god you are alright!" said Rose while panting lightly.

Alex can see that she was genuinely worried, and he slightly relaxed.

"Did you kill all these seven hyenas? You are very strong." praised Rose.

"I am alright. Mr. Simon also defeated three hyenas," said Alex.

Rose scowled at Simon, who stood awkwardly in the distance.

"Mr. Simon, Did you run away when I explicitly ordered you to deal with the common-tier hyenas," asked Rose, her kind round face became cold.

"No, of course not. I thought of veering them away from Alex, but unfortunately..." said Simon.

"Then you should put more effort. If it happens next time and someone gets hurt, the contract will become invalid. I don't have to tell you the consequences." warned Miss Rose.

"But he is not in our team. So there is..." quibbled Simon.

"He fought side by side with us. So, he is a TEAM MATE." said Miss Rose raising her voice. Simon remained silent, and Miss Rose did not push him either.

"Ok, let's go. Mr.Rolfe is still fighting the Alpha," said Miss Rose.

All of them ran towards the wizard. Simon, embarrassed,  was the first to sprint off on his wolf. Rose slowed down for Alex as they jogged towards the other side of the hill.

From a distance, all Alex saw was destruction. Broken trees, the burning earth, and charred wood covered the area. It was like multiple missiles blasted the woods.

In the middle of the carnage, two steel knights defended against the Alpha's attacks while the wizard bombarded it with Fireballs.

The three-meter hyena raised its massive paw covered in the chaotic aura and bombarded the knight. The knight raised his shield covered in the magic array but could not stop the attack and flew off.

Then the other knight took his place and once again defended. When the Alpha was about to attack again, a thick branch grew from the earth and coiled its paw. Miss Rose entered the battle.

The Alpha roared in rage. Alex, who was still at the edge of the woods, felt his mind pricked. His exhausted body almost faltered to the ground.

Alex can feel the heart-thumping and his mind began to lose focus. Alex immediately shook his head and took few steps back.

Rose took out her Golden rose, and the petals flowed towards the Alpha. When they landed near it, the vines sprung out from the earth and started to bind the hyena.

However, it can only restrain for few seconds. But that's enough for the wizard and the two knights to give it a blow.

The wizard threw what looked like a meteor at the Alpha. The Alpha cried as it kneeled. The two knights quickly slashed the exposed neck. Thick blood started to pour from the Alpha's neck, and the chaotic aura dimmed.

After a few seconds of last struggle, the three-meter hyena wailed for one last time and fell. All of them finally relaxed.

As Alex admired the four people, Simon appeared out of nowhere.

"Good Job, guys. Well done," said Simon with enthusiasm. Alex rolled his eyes while the others ignored him.

After defeating the Alpha, the team did not take a rest but got to work. They scoured the beasts, and Alex heard the hooded wizard speak.

"I want its internal organs for an experiment. You can keep the rest."

The knights started to deal with the beasts as Rose walked towards Alex.

"Congratulations on defeating such a powerful beast, Ms. Rose," said Alex.

"Four Specialists killing a quasi Lord-level beast. It's nothing to brag," said Miss Rose, slightly tired.

"But I thought it was just an Alpha," said Alex puzzled.

"Although the mad-eyed hyena is an Alpha, but when it goes berserk, its actual power level is around a Lord-tier beast."

"Got it."

"Mr. Alex, I want to ask you a favour. can you show me the plants you are carrying?" said Miss Rose while glancing at his shabby rucksack.

"How do you know about them?"

"I am a Wood Elementalist. So, I can sense the plants nearby," replied Rose.

"Ok, Why do you want to see them?" asked Alex.

"I want to buy them if they are worth it," said Rose.

Alex considered the offer. The plants will take a month or two to grow blueberries. Until then, they were just a burden to him.

Seeing that Miss Rose was anxious, it's better to sell them at a good price and further gain her favour.

"I agree in principle, Miss Rose. But I am still tired, can we discuss it later in my cave? You guys are welcome to join for the night."  said Alex generously.

1