Ch 10 – Dialog
167 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was happy that I had completed two quests for Hagas. However, now that I have returned to the Mirana Guild Hall the past few days have returned to normal.

Kervick seemed glad to see me one day as he approached, “Hey, last time I came in I didn’t see you.”

I replied using casual dialog, “I was off shift, but I’d be happy to help you know however.”

“Hmm… If you say so.” Kervick replied not so sure.

“Well as long as you are here I need to sell some things.” Kervick noted.

Once that was done I smiled and waved as he headed out.

A few days later Mira showed up and she came up to me and asked, “Hey where were you the other day?”

Once again I gave her the same reply from casual dialog.

“Uhh, no.” Mira noted pointing at me, “When it's not your shift, the boy is here.”

I tilted my head, “The boy?” I asked.

“I forget his name, but the days when I come in and you aren't here, he is. Except for the other day, I think it was yesterday… maybe a day back. These last few days have been crazy at work.”

“Busy adventuring?” I clarified.

“Uh… No, other work.” Mira replied sheepishly.

“Do you work at a farm? Or a store?” I asked, somewhat curious.

“A store, really more of a tavern? People dance and stuff.” Mira noted leaning over the table.

I nodded, “Maybe I could visit some time.”

Mira laughed, “Yeah, sorry… Milly right? I don’t think that's an option.”

“Am I not allowed?” I asked.

“Well… I must say it'd be difficult to get there… it's kinda in another world.” Mira noted waggling her fingers about.

“Another world? Are you a magic user?” I asked, magic might be able to go to another world. Though I couldn’t quite put my finger on why I might think that.

“Well.. no. But let's just leave it at that, it's too hard to explain.” Mira said, waving her hand and shoo-ing the idea way.

I pouted at her showing my disappointment.

“Ahh, don’t look at me like that…” Mira complained, “I can’t believe how animated and talkative you’ve gotten.”

“I’ve been learning a lot.” I agreed, “Just the other day I went on a quest.”

Mira blinked at me and half in disbelief, “You went on a quest? To what, slay a goblin or something?”

“I pulled some weeds, and collected some seeds for Hagas, a farmer north of here.” I asserted.

Mira laughed, “For a second there I was thinking you actually left the guild hall or something.”

“I did, twice in fact.” I noted.

Mira blinked, leaning in closer, “Wait… you can leave the guild hall?”

I nodded, “I went on a quest with Tidal, he killed the goblins. The other time I did quests for Hagas, Terrance came along with me that time.”

Mira frowned slightly at the mention of Terrance.

“Did you have another message you wanted me to give Terrance?” I asked, curious if that was why her expression shifted at his name.

“Ah… No. I think I’m mostly over that at this point.” Mira said, shaking her head.

“Over what?” I asked, not sure what she was talking about.

“Me and Terrance were kinda a thing for a little bit there.” Mira noted.

“A thing? I find it hard to believe that you were an inanimate object for a while.” I asserted with high certainty.

Mira snorted, “That's not what that means.”

“It's not? I’m fairly sure it is.” I replied, though with my recent experiences with Terrance I did have some small doubts.

“I mean when I say ‘We were a thing’ it's a phrase that means we were a couple… Well more like we were just sleeping together in…” She paused looking for a word before finishing simply with , “Here.” She said a little flustered at the end.

“Oh.” I replied, processing that statement. It took a few moments for everything to come together and then I nodded, “So that's what was happening when I interrupted you?”

Mira blushed furiously at my words, “You remember that?”

I nodded, “It's hard to forget something so impactful.”

“My god that's embarrassing…” Mira said both hands on the sides of her head.

“Is it?” I asked, not sure.

“Of course it is… I had no idea people could just open those doors up stairs…” Mira noted.

“I can open all the doors in this guild hall.” I replied.

“Oh… Wait, so not just anyone can do that?” Mira asked.

I nodded and replied from casual dialog, “Only the holder of a key for a specific room can open that locked room.”

“But… you just said you can open any of them…” Mira replied confused.

“I did.” I agreed.

“So why did you make it sound like you can’t?” Mira asked.

I considered but had to ask for clarification, “I’m not sure I understand what you are saying?”

Mira tapped her lip, “You just said that only the key holder can do it, but you also said that you can do it. Unless you are saying that you also have the keys? But that would imply that there are multiple keys...” Mira scratched at her head and looked at me for further assistance.

I processed her statements, and reconsidered the causal dialog I had used earlier. I too was seeing the problem now. Like so many other things that I did, I tended to just skip over casual dialog items. Perhaps it was because before I had started having more interactions, casual dialog was all I used. Perhaps it was that I had grown used to it being accurate? Was casual dialog another area where I had placed confidence where I shouldn’t? Like with quests, or conversations?

“Are you alright in there?” Mira asked, leaning in a little close.

I immediately took a step away, and frowned as I noticed the need to speak casual dialog. I inspected the request rather than simply reading it, “CasualDialog.ClosenessReaction1.en_us” its value was, “What are you doing?”

I looked at Mira who was frowning at me.

Why should I ask this question? It was clear based on Mira’s speech that she was concerned about my safety. I was increasingly sure that like so many other things I had been doing without thinking, casual dialog was inaccurate.

“I’m sorry, I was just thinking.” I said as I took a step back towards Mira, “I understand what you are saying.” I searched through casual dialog for other references to keys, or locks. Skimming each item to gain some simple understanding of what I was going to talk about. Then, once that was done I began to formulate a response.

Mira who had only been watching me patiently as I considered things tilting her head after a time.

“Keys can open doors, and each key is unique to a room. If you want to sell a building or room you must return the key. However, staff members can enter and clean rooms even without keys.” I finally concluded.

Mira stared at me, “Well… That's informative.” she said, with some small hint of sarcasm.

I nodded, “I like to be helpful.”

Mira chuckled, “Well I guess that answers that then.” Then pushing herself back from the counter she nodded, “Well might as well check quests while I’m here.”

I nodded, and accessed quests. However, just like when I had tried it while questing with Terrance I got nothing in response.

After trying a few more times I frowned, “I’m sorry, I can’t seem to access the quests at the moment…”

Mira frowned, “Well I guess it's fine, I was gonna call it a night anyway. See you later.” Mira said, waving.

I waved back, “Good bye.”

 

Ticket: #794 - Missing NPC (continued)

Support: Update: After reviewing the logs the developers believe it was an issue with how to handle the two generated NPCs, we recently introduced the ability for them to switch with one another creating the appearance of ‘shifts’ For now we’ve opted to simply have both NPCs present at the counter at all times while we keep researching.

If they continue to see the same behavior please let us know, as any additional information might help track down the issue.

Bason: Thanks for the help, I’ll let them know to post here if the issue persists.

10