Fast 88
843 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Fastest Man Alive

Fast 88

By: BigToFu

 

 

 

Benjamin Blake

Vampire Hunter : Ohh, I see you have arrived to try a little sucky sucky on these poor villagers.

Vampire Diva : Eww, don’t say it like that.

  

Resting my back on the wall of the balcony overlook, I looked down and watched as the mutated vampire stalked another. The Music was bumping and the humans that had signed up for this shit were being bled dry, a blissful smile on their face, none the wiser.

 

Frank released a grunt and made a motion with his shotgun, that was of course out of the holster and in a low carry. “Are we not gonna do anything?”

 

“Not so sure, I’m pretty certain that they’ll betray us the first chance they get.” I replied with a shrug, took a thinking pose then spoke again. “I know they want to drain Blade’s blood and a few other things.”

 

Frank grunted again, “Alright…”

 

I looked at him and watched the way Frank shifted for a moment before I gave in because as they say, teamwork makes the dream work. Turning away from Frank and looking down over the balcony, I aimed a finger gun at the back of Priest 's head, because it was clear that he was the unsuspecting prey this afternoon.

 

With my aim held steady on the back of Priest s head, I pulled back on my power and only let out a minor air bullet. No one noticed the shift in air currents and I smiled as it went smack right in the back of Priest s head.

 

"Oye, what the fuck!" Priest  yelled out a hand going to the back of his head as he looked around his local area pissed and ready for a fight. Turns out that even with a warning you cant cure stupid.

 

That moron Priest  turns around yelling and completely ignores the ultra-disfigured zombie standing right there dripping saliva and other nasty fluids. Frank and I watched as the attacking mutated vamp hiss and then launched himself at Priest and went right for the throat. Frank threw his hands up in sheer disbelief before jumping over the railing.

 

Yeah, I wasn’t about to do that shit, I kept my ass where I was and just chilled. Hell, I might as well pull a Whistler and snag me a lurker for study. Frank arrived just in time to help Priest  pull the mutated vampire from his neck…

 

Ohhhh, there goes the jugular and spray of blood.

 

Damn, Priest  stood no chance as the mutated vampire ripped him a new one. Once the blood started to spray was when the rest of the vampire club kicked into high gear. The screams of panic made me *tsk* and shake my head. Immortal night predators my ass, they were every bit human as the prey they fed on.

 

With a shake of my head, I looked away, checked my watch and found that it was only half an hour till sunlight. Seeing that, I decided on my next action and ghosted away through the shadows. Might as well speed things up. Reappearing at the top of the nightclub, I spied Blade having a standoff against Nomak, well, I guess that was taken care of. Teleporting within the shadows once more, I reappeared on the roof of the club overlooking the back alley.

 

There was a kra-thoom up above, the lightning making itself known amongst the rain, but I paid it no mind. What I did pay attention to was the alleyway filled with the mutated vampire grunts. A savage smile on my lips, I ignored the rain as I pulled both chakrams from their holsters. With my left leg up against the ridge of the roof, I pivoted over and ran down the wall as if I was Spider-Man.

 

They looked up in surprise, but I was already spinning as I reached the halfway mark on the building. Jumping up and over them, I pulled off a Devil May cry Dante move as I unleashed both of my chakrams while upside down. My flying blades pinged off the alley walls then back into the group of mutated vampires. Before landing, there was a ping sound from my utility belt as a set of shuriken sprang outwards for me to catch. I noticed the silver nitrate along the edges before releasing them once more with the snap of my wrists.

 

DAT!

DAT!

DAT!

 

Went the sound of my shuriken as they slammed into the far door at the end of the alley, five mutated vampire’s bursting apart as my tools sliced through them. Pivoting on the tips of my feet, I catch my returning chakrams before shifting to the balls of my feet, then snapping them back out towards the walls with another snap of my wrist. This time instead of bouncing around the center of the group, the chakrams flew from the wall to the outer rims, sweeping up the remnants and flying back towards me.

 

One of the mutated vampires was conveniently able to duck and dodge the attack even as I played like I didn’t see him, though he did take a bolter round to the knee blowing the lower part of his leg off. With my capture secured, I put my bolter away inside of its holster, I raised my hand and caught the returning chakram. With my weapon returned, I finished my spin by planting it into the neck of a mutated vampire. It parted his flesh like butter, his head falling from his shoulders as the steel of my blade bit into the wall.

 

My chakram made no noise as I pulled it from the brick wall of the alleyway, inspected it and then placed it back in the holster before giving the area a critical once over. As I walked around and did some minor inspections, I made sure to dust the remains of the mutated vampires since I didn’t want their bodies to get into anyone’s hands.

 

SHIELD and HYDRA were still a thing along with AIM and all the other hidden powers of Marvel that I have been far too lazy to get rid of. Yeah, I would need to change that soon because I really didn’t like to leave the rats inside of my home. The planet was already mine even if I haven’t moved to conquer it, but those in power already knew. And this was because I owned the orbitals and he who owns the orbitals owns the world. Hell, I didn’t just own the orbitals, I owned the entire solar system with my space fleet and migrated planets.

 

As I thought about putting plans in motion during the invasion that I knew was going to happen. Uncle Fury had contacted me about being ordered to move the Tesseract to upstate New York and start experimenting with Eric Selvig. I walked down the alley as I thought about the events to come and how I could play them to my advantage. What I do know though is that HYDRA would have to go with the launch of that nuke.

 

Humming a little jingle, I did a shuffle, a smooth glide like I was a smooth criminal and spun around the corner finding the escaped mutated vampire stuck trying to get into the sewers. The leg I had shot off with the bolter was leaking that nasty yellow pus blood type thing. The upper half of his body was sort of stuck inside the triangle sewer looking contraption. Pulling a stasis ball from my utility belt, I gave it a light underhand toss and captured myself a mutated vampire.

 

Marking the sewer entrance the vampire was trying to use to escape, I turned around and left because no way in hell was I about to stick my face into the fucking sewer and whatever it might hold. Well, not by myself at any measure, so instead of investigating the scene and hole in the ground, I vanished into the shadows with a little flex of my powers.

 

Between heartbeats I walked out of a long shadow and into the club and boy was it interesting.

 

“Shut him the fuck up or I will!”

 

“Arrrghhh!”

 

“Somethings wrong, he’s burning up.”

 

Looking at the scene, I noticed that Priest  was be held down on the ground screaming his fucking head off. Walking over to the bar, I flicked a finger at the counter-top and cleared away the glass before bending over and summoning a red stripe to my hand. With a light hop and twist, I was turned back around to face the mess while sitting on top of the counter. A quick glance told me that Frank was doing his investigation thing on some of the humans that were clearly drained because of course the suck faces had no self-control. Frank could handle forwarding the images for a facial recognition program. There is no point in standing over his shoulder and telling the man how to do his job. 

 

“And where the fuck were you? Chupa barked as he stepped up to where I was sitting. I shrugged then went back to ignoring him, I took another drag of my red stripe. “The fuck?!”

 

With a sigh, I looked at Chupa with a bored expression then flicked my fingers towards the ceiling. The man flew upwards with a solid jerk from the gravity assistant that I kindly offered. Ignoring his screaming, I turned a smiling face at the rest of the vampires in the room who now all had their attention pointed at me. Staring them down, I took another swig from my red stripe and then another before finishing it in one go.

 

With my drink finished, I gave it a glance the tension in the room reaching higher and higher by the second. A light underhand toss had the bottle sailing outwards to hover in the middle of the room before it ground down into sand. Nothing was said as I pulled out the little stasis ball, I had captured the mutated vampire with, then threw it to the side well away from everyone. While I was doing that, Blade had made his way back down the stairs and into the room. He looked upwards and noticed the fool Chupa stuck to the ceiling, smoke slowly coming from his location. At closer inspection anyone could see the shifting sun and where it would go back and forth to graze his skin from reflections.

 

He was going to stay there for now and if he survived then I guess he would be going onto the next stage with the rest of us. They all watched my smooth transition from sitting to standing over the mutated vampire that tried to take a nice little bite out of my calf.

 

Taking half a step back, I brought my leg down hard on the vampire's skull, making a point to twist my boot a little.

 

“Blake,” Blade called as he approached with such a stoic face, I would have thought him blank of emotions. “Why isn’t it dead?”

 

Shrugging and taking my foot off the critter, I made a hand motion for his little lady love to come take a look at it. “They had an ambush out back and I had a problem with it so I cleaned it up.” I answered with an easy-going motion of what can you do. “Tagged one and left him to lead me to their little hole in the ground, its two blocks to the south, got the location marked on a map and everything.”

 

This was when Frank came over his Lancer dripping with blood, clear signs he had been using the chainsaw with maximum effort.

 

“We should kill it.” Was Frank's gruff statement, bolter in hand and already aiming.

 

With a shake of the head, I waved him away, “Not yet, we still need to get medical data on these things and find out the link to why they are like this. This strain of the virus reeks of genetic engineering.”

 

Blade, Nyssa, and Frank all looked at me in shock and I had to roll my eyes at them, “Don’t act like none of you haven’t thought about it. There are very few things that can resist the Vampire Virus and the Lycanthrope virus since they come with a partial magical signature. This was clearly created by an outside source who had the right tools, the lab techs will figure it out.”

 

Nyssa looked at me then at Blade, “Lab techs?”

 

“Yep,” I popped the P then did a full 180 degree turn as Chupa fell from the ceiling. Bending down I peered into his eyes, “So where is my thank you for taking care of the ambush and getting our next clue on this little adventure?”

 

The room went silent again with my little question, the tension skyrocketing because they clearly knew that I had power but didn’t know what I would do next. The little rabid dog said nothing so I brought an arm forward and started to press down on his head. The gravity going upwards slowly, the pavement underneath cracking, his rifle lay scattered but still close enough to bend underneath the pressure.

 

Chupa grunted, but I pushed just a little more, “I can’t hear you?”

 

Chupa said nothing as he twisted this way and that, finally he was able to get his hands underneath his body and tried to push upwards. He was allowed to get into a nice little ninety degree pose with his arms before I locked him in place with gravity.

 

A hand cupped my ear, "I still can't hear you." 

 

Chupa growled up at me, his fangs bared for the world to see. The other vampires shifted weapons raised, but a look and slight flex of power put them all back in their place. Blade ignored the situation to be with Nyssa, leaning over her shoulder as she did her preliminary examinations of the mutated vampire and prepared it for transport. Frank on the other hand didn't even care the slightest and was standing at my shoulder eyeballing the rest of them. 

 

Frank grunted then spoke up in that gruff voice of his, “Dog needs to learn new tricks.” 

 

Tsk… Tsk.. “Guess, I’ll have to teach him how to talk then.” I replied to Frank's little jab, it was easy for anyone paying attention that he really hated these vampires. I really couldn’t blame the man because vampires without the civil guise over their features were little more than rabid hunters. Even the Lycian’s could control themselves better and wouldn’t go wild unless they were untrained during a full moon's phase. These vampires though would go rabid at just the hint of blood. 

 

They called themselves pure bloods but would still drain another person dry and from my understanding. No one was actually looking into the blood drinking problem because they loved the hunt and fear from the prey far too much.

 

The gravitational pressure slowly increased, “Come on, you might be rabid but I’m sure I can train you to be a good boy, now say T-h-a-n-k Y-o-u.” With that, I pressed down more with the gravity, the ground around his location buckling, the metal to his rifle twisting from the force applied. 

 

Chupa growled and I noticed the bald one shift to try and get his weapon in better position as if I didn’t notice his shrug was all an act. The bald one was also frozen as I applied even more pressure, this time I heard his lower third vertebrae crack and I guess that was all it took. 

 

“Okay, okay, thank you for dealing with the ambush!” Chupa screamed out, his breathing was heavy and rolling out in hard pants, his form still locked in a semi plank push up type position. Instead of instantly letting him up, I stared him down hard and kept him that way for another minute before releasing him. Instantly, Chupa fell on his face breathing even harder into the now sandy concrete of the club floor. Then I turned to the rest of the vampires that were in the room not named Nyssa, “Anything to say?” 

They never even noticed that I had finished off Priest.

 

The gravity may or may not have kicked up a tick when I looked at them and received the quick headshakes. I took it all at face value before raising a remote control and pointing it at the far wall. With the press of a button a blue circle appeared on the wall and within the circle it showed a completely different location. The location of course was a secret base near the docks of Manhattan. The location was amazing, but the smell not so much, I really couldn't wait for Felicia’s  bay restoration to finally be underway. 

{ SCENE BREAK }

Standing in the observatory over the examination room, I watched as the lab tech and Nyssa dissected the mutated vampire that I had brought back. Standing at my right was Blade and at my left was Frank. Behind us were other scientists along with Whistler who was drinking from his pocket flask and enjoying the recording of what happened in the club. The old man wasn't very happy about some of the regulars that were killed but those were the breaks. 

 

“Damn kid, you know how to bring a smile to this old man's face,” Whistler spoke before grunting and getting up from his seat on one of the couches. The glass before us flashed as detailed information on the heart casing was outlined for us to read. While I was doing, Whistler clapped me on the back, “You know they are going to pull something right?”

 

The room went silent with my chuckle, no one had a clue what to make of it so I shared my thoughts, “They were always going to betray us, if I'm not mistaken, they are after Blade's blood.” I stated then jerked my thumb at the big guy next to me. 

This caught Frank's attention, his gaze locked onto my form, his eyes sharp, “What?”

 

“Come on folks, it's not that hard to figure out since Blade was suddenly called in to help them solve the problem of some designer super vampires. Who might I add is clearly someone's experimentation that's gone out of hand. Designer Vampires that can affect other vampires and turn them.” I asked the room and still no one was looking like they could solve the puzzle so I did it for them. “The guy is clearly hunting those that did this to him, from my vantage point they want the two to wear each other out and the clean up team brings Blade to wherever they are doing the experimentation. The chick is clueless because she actually believes in the cause.”

 

“Well shit,” Whistler breathed before going for his flask one more time. 

 

“And we're going along with this, why exactly?” Frank asks his shotgun, already primed for action, “I’m just asking because we can clean this up right now.”

 

Whistler nodded and I could already see the calculated look on where he could find his own weapon, Blade on the other hand was silent and still looking through the window while reading the data. He was the one I was waiting on and it didn't take him long to put his thoughts together. Yet, the man spoke only a few words, as usual. 

 

“Why?” Was the single word Blade used but it was more than enough for everyone in the room to relax. 

My reply was a simple smile and shrug, “I can give you a few and then the big one which is the most important one.”

Blade finally turned around and gave me his full attention, “They are?”

Being cheeky, I held up a hand and started to count off my points, “For one, they have a mysterious magic user, and I'm not happy about vampire’s having those. For two, this is a nice little chance to get all the elders in one place together with how important they made this task seem.”

 

“What do you mean?” Whistler interjected, stopping me with his question.

 

“A lot of the vampires in the cloak and dagger type get-up was at least over five hundred years old and they were there for something important,” I stated, then flicked my wrist and had them all up on the big screen. They had their faces covered for sure, but we had other biometric data like temperature, magical signature, weight, and height along with all other types of information. “Now for my third point and that is the medical facility where they plan to take Blade is also the same as where they cooked up this little viral vampire mutation.”

 

I looked around the room and watched as the others finally put the pieces of the puzzle together and realized that we could not only wipe out a few major factions. We could literally cripple the vampire nation with one quick decisive blow. 

 

Frank though was the one who was really paying attention as he made a motion towards my hand. “And that last finger is for what?”

 

The grin I gave him was absolutely feral, “Dracula was there and I want us to piss in his cheerios.”

 

Frank and then Blade broke out into matching smiles and for half a second, I actually felt bad for the old bat. Then I remember that it was Dracula and all was well in the world since another one would bite the dust soon enough. 

 

[ Six Hours Later…]

 

Okay, I was not expecting things to take a turn toward some Daytime drama of the long-lost father. Nor was I expecting such a prize hidden away in old man Dracula's vaults.

Author note: No, I’m not dead, just been writing this three years now and finally some long-awaited plans are coming in and I want to chill and get them right. Also got some other things I want to get out for you guys to read. 

29