1. A Fresh Start
660 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the town of Wedgehurst, the Nurse Joy of the Pokemon Center was dealing with a rare situation for the small town.

A birth of a baby human.

"Aaaaah!!"

"You can do it, Mrs.Feral! Push!"

"Blis!"

Nurse Joy with her pink hair and a large, pink humanoid Pokemon called Blissey were assisting a woman giving birth.

"Haaaah!! Brian, you bastard!!"

"......"

The woman's face contorted as she cursed her husband. Her ivy green hair was floating upwards as she continued to bring her child to life. A Rotom phone was floating around with a stern looking man on the screen.

"Blis Blis!"

"You can do it!"

"Haaargh!"

The woman continued to struggle until the first cries of her child rang through the center.

"Waaah!!!! Waaah!!!"

"It's a healthy boy! Please help me clean him up, Blissey."

"Bliss!"

"Haaa! Haaa! Haaa!"

The woman tried to catch her breath as she looked to a camera phone floating nearby.

"Did you see that, Dear?"

"Yes, Dear."

A solemn voice rang out from the phone, sending chills through the nearby Nurse Joy.

The woman chuckled as she looked at the phone.

"Don't scare her, you villain. At least she's here."

"......Sorry."

The woman closed her eyes and shook her head.

"No. I'm sorry. Just....post shock, you know? Childbirth is difficult."

She couldn't see him, but she knew he was nodding his head like a fool.

"Bliss!"

"Here you are, Mrs.Feral."

Blissey handed the boy to his mother as she quickly cradled him in her arms.

She looked at her son for a moment and started to giggle with joy.

"Look. He has a blend of our hair."

The infant had a tuft of black hair mixed with dark green.

She eagerly showed his face to the phone, hearing a sobbing cry come from the other side.

"He's got your nose."

"And he has your jaw. He might be a lady killer in the future."

The woman giggled as rocked him back and forth gently.

"Brian."

"Yes, Astrid?"

"His name will be Adrian. Adrian Feral."

"Hahaha! That's a good name!"

"Of course it's a good one. I thought of it after all."

The woman smiled smugly as she stared at Adrian's face.

"Welcome to the world, Little Adrian."

"Captain! They're coming!"

Brian, who heard a yell coming from beside him, frowned as roars could be heard in the distance.

"How many?"

"It's around a few thousand, Sir! There are also reports of a few Chief rank Pokemon leading the horde, sir!"

"Tch! Can't they wait?! I want to look at my son some more!"

"Congratulations sir, but I don't think we have the time!"

Nurse Joy started to shiver as she realized what was going on in the father's background.

"A-A Frenzy?"

Astrid looked sternly at the camera.

"Go handle it. You better come back or I'll tell our son you were a deadbeat."

"Yes, Ma'am! See you soon and love you!"

*Click*

The phone turned back into a floating Rotom as Astrid continued to rock her little Adrian.

"I-I'm grateful for your husband's service, Mrs.Feral."

Astrid looked up at the Joy and smiled softly.

"No need to worry, Sweetie. I'll tell him when he gets back."

She put her finger in Adrian's hand and watched him squeeze it with a smile.

"How long will I have to stay here?"

"We will have you out of here in no time, Mrs.Feral. Blissey, use Life Dew!"

"Blis!"

Astrid smiled as water formed from the Blissey's hands and covered everyone.

Astrid and Nurse Joy's cheeks became rosier as Blissey also recovered a bit of her energy.

"Please take a rest andyou'll be good to go. I'll get a the crib for little Adrian as well."

"Thank you very much."

Astrid watched as Nurse Joy disappeared.

A frown came over her face as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Be careful."

***********

"Captain!"

Brian sighed as he stood up from his call.

*Rumble Rumble Rumble*

Brian could see a large cloud of dust coming towards the town.

"We have to protect Jadetown! Set up the traps!"

"Yes sir! Go, Gigalith!"

*Pop*

The man threw a Pokeball,  making a large blue rock with four legs and red crystals appear!

Gigalith towered over the man and roared, bursting a large aura over to the horde of Pokemon!

*Rooaaar*

A strong aura came back from the Horde towards the army as many of them became frightened by the intensity!

"Tch!  Use Stealth Rock!"

"Giii~!"

Gigalith's  red crystals began to shine and rapidly fire out in front of the defensive line!

The rocks soon disappeared as the other soldier brought out their own Pokemon to defend!

"Do we have any intel on the Lieutenant rank Pokemon?"

A soldier beside Brian nodded his head.

"Sir! We believe it's a Nidoking based on the cry!"

Brian nodded his head with a smile as he reached for a Pokemon.

"Come out, Krook!"

*Pop*

Brian threw the Pokeball, bringing out a large red, black, and white reptile with a permanent sneer on his face!

An intense aura of power came off of the Pokemon as the soldiers were in awe!

"Let's get this done soon, Krook! I have a son I want you to see!"

"Kroo!"

The dust of the coming Pokemon began to clear as groups of Rattata and Nidorans came in to view.

"Get ready!"

The groups watched as the first line of attack were suddenly impaled by the Stealth Rocks!

The line held for a brief moment before the Stealth Rocks were completely overrun!

Once the first Rattata got over the bodies, Brian gave the order!

"Fire!"

"Hyper Beam!"

" Use Swift!"

"Use Flamethrower!"

Many Pokemon fired into the horde as the battle started to decide the fate of the town!

************

 In a small house surrounded by trees on the edge of Wedgehurst, Astrid hummed a light tune as she held Adrian.

"Hmmm hm huhum hmm hmm hmm?"

"Kyaaaah!"

Astrid smiled as her eyes began to glow a slight blue color.

(Who is the cutest baby?! It's you!)

"Kyaaah~!"

Astrid smiled as she connected mentally with her child.

All she could feel were happy thoughts coming from him.

'I wonder if he'll have this ability too. Mom would've been happy if it passed down.'

(Astrid.)

Astrid turned around to see a figure with a large hat on her head.

Her body, or hair, was covered in light blue, pink, and white.

She had a smile on her face as she looked at the baby in her trainer's hands.

"Do you see Hatterene, Adrian? She's Mommy's First Pokemon here."

(What is it?)

Hatterene waived her long hand at Adrian as she replied.

(I believe Brian is back. I can sense strong emotions coming towards us.)

Astrid nodded and kissed Adrian on his forehead.

"Looks like Daddy is back. Let's see what he has to say for himself."

Although she had told him to come home, it seems like he got held up by some powerful Pokemon.

She walked towards the front door of her home and saw the door open up on it's own.

"Thank you, Aly."

She looked over to find a yellow fox like creature floating in the living room with spoons in his hand.

Alakazam opened his eyes for a moment and nodded his head before going back to meditation.

(The loud one is coming again...)

Astrid smiled as Hatterene had a deep frown on her face from her beloved's Pokemon.

With her face like that, she knows how bad he wants to get home.

'He's using him, huh?'

"Adrian~. Don't get scared, okay? Daddy has a really strong Pokemon, but he is very mean. Mommy will protect you though, okay?"

Astrid smiled at Adrian who cooed at her as he grabbed onto her finger. He didn't understand a thing.

She was going to continue talking to him, but she heard the roar of a troublemaker. She covered his ears for a moment while looking into the horizon.

*Roaar*

The nearby trees shook as wild pokemon quickly made way for a flying shadow coming towards Astrid and Hatterene!

The two spotted a man on the back of a Hydreigon, a three headed dragon Pokemon with a penchant for destruction!

*Roar*

Astrid's eyes grew sharp as she glared at the dragon!

"Shut up, Brat! If you scare Adrian, I'll make sure Hatterene Moonblasts you back to Unova!"

*Roa- Whimper*

Hydreigon instantly dropped its raging demeanor as he dropped down to the ground softly.

Brian got off of Hydreigon with a stiff smile.

"Sorry, Dear. He was excited to go fast. It had been a while since I had brought him out."

"Hmph! He should know better than to be loud around Hatterene! Did he forget how she beats him everytime he acts out?"

Brian shook his head. Even he thought it would learn by now, but the mischievous blood in his veins was thick.

He gazed at his wife for a moment before looking at the bundle in her arms.

He could see a little pair of blue eyes looking at him, same as his own.

"H-Hello, Adrian. I-I'm your Dad."

*Snicker*

Astrid's cheeks puffed as she saw her husband, known as the Night Tyrant, folding into a babbling mess by his son.

She smiled as she handed Adrian over to him as the two looked at each other.

Brian's heart was in his throat as he looked at the little baby.

(That's your Daddy, Adrian. Smile for him and he'll make a funny face.)

Adrian stared at him for a moment before the biggest smile came on his face.

Brian was shocked to see such a beautiful smile from his son!

"Kyaaah~!"

Adrian cooed at the funny face his Dad was making.

Astrid laughed as she saw her husband's face turn into a doting father in a matter of seconds.

She ordered Rotom to take pictures quickly so she could keep an album. Of it for later.

Hydriegon looked over at Hatterene with a confused expression.

(Hey Witch! What is an Adrian?)

Hatterene turned to him with a scowl on her face.

(That's the name of his offspring. If you harm him, no one will save you from me.)

Hydreigon shivered as he stared at Adrian from a distance.

He had to commit this frail thing to memory, or his life will be over!

************

5 years later,

*Tap Tap Tap*

Adrian ran towards his mother in the kitchen as he came out of his room!

"Mom! Are we going to go today?!"

Adrian came close to his mother before being covered in a blue light.

(Stay back Adrian. Your mother is cooking. Quiet down as well.)

He turned to the side and smiled brightly while he hung in the air.

"Sorry, Hatterene."

Hatterene nodded and slowly put him down.

Astrid giggled at her son's energy as she continued to cook breakfast.

(I'll be done soon. Just wait a bit, okay?)

"Yes, Mom."

Astrid looked at him for a moment before continuing.

(Also, why aren't you practicing your telepathy? You know you have to train it properly.)

Anthony smiled as rubbed the back of his head.

(Dad said he hated how quiet it was. I thought I'd just talk out loud while he's here.)

Astrid smiled as his reasoning.

She talked to her baby all the time since he was born.

She had done this verbally and mentally.

She did this not only to talk and care for her child, but also because it was tradition in her family. Her mother did the same to her when she was young, and she wanted to keep the tradition going.

Imagine her surprise when her son's eyes were glowing blue as he said Mama for the first time!

Brian didn't want to count it as his first words since they weren't heard by anyone, but her. She promptly ignored him as she held Adrian close and gave him kisses.

Brian luckily had received his first verbal word, along with Astrid's fury.

Adrian soon became a chatterbox for all the people and Pokemon in the house as he talked and sent his thoughts to anything that would receive it.

His favorite talking buddy was surprisingly Alakazam. 

He would sit in his lap as he meditated and asked him all kinds of questions while floating.

Some questions Alakazam would answer, while others were for Adrian to figure out on his own in the future.

Due to his curious nature, he had become a rather precocious child, trying to learn more about anything that interested him. The most interesting thing in the house was, of course, Pokemon.

Adrian sat at the table, kicking his feet rhythmically as he read the front of the newspaper Brian had in front of him.

"Hey Dad!"

"Hmm?"

"Are you coming with us to the Wild area today?"

Brian brought his newspaper down with a smile.

"You bet! We're gonna make sure to find a good Dark type for you."

The air in the house suddenly turned cold as Astrid came in with a plate of food for her husband.

"I thought we were going to find a nice Psychic type for Adrian."

Brian broke into a cold sweat as he tried to not make eye contact with his wife!

"A-Adrian! What kind of Pokemon would you like to get?!"

"Any kind really. They're all so cool! Maybe a Ghost?! Or a Steel?! Ooh~! Fire would be cool too!"

Astrid smiled as she gave Adrian his plate. 

"That's right. We'll have to see what we can find for you there."

"Okay!"

Astrid turned to her husband with a "smile".

"Let's find a good one for him, okay?"

"Y-Yes, Dear."

Adrian continued to eat his breakfast as he thought about getting new friend! 

21