5. New Friends and Family
513 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Months passed as Adrian came to live with Professor Magnolia and Sonia. 

Sonia was on guard against Adrian at first, but soon she wouldn't leave him alone!

 Adrian became her buddy for all of her adventures along with Yamper. This was, of course, after all of his chores were done.

"Come on! I just need one more outfit!"

"Go by yourself then! You take hours to decide!"

Sonia grabbed Adrian's collar as she dragged him to the next boutique. He no longer knew how many they'd been to this place since Sonia first brought him.

"It'll be just a quick look and then we can head back."

"Ugh!"

********

"Welcome!"

Adrian was dragged inside as Sonia already saw something she liked.

Adrian stood against a wall with his arms folded as he watched her go from outfit to outfit.

"I'll never understand how you go through so many clothes."

"Maybe you'll understand when you're 18. Presentation is important. Ooh~! I haven't seen this one yet!"

"Ugh~!"

"Don't be like that. Let's find something for you too. I'm sure there's something here you'll like."

Adrian mumbled under his breath as he looked around just so he wouldn't be bored.

That was when he saw it.

A black jacket hung on the rack. It had light green lines running along the sleeves that came together to the back and formed a pair of neon insect-like wings.

Adrian couldn't take his eyes off of it until he heard giggling behind him.

His face turned red once he realized Sonia and the female attendant noticed his infatuation.

He tried to go look for something else, but his eyes would always wander over to the jacket.

"Hey, why don't you try it on? It looks like it will fit you."

"....F-Fine, I guess."

Ignoring the giggling from the girls, he eagerly grabbed the jacket and put it on.

It happened to be a bit big as the jacket covered his body. There was even a balaclava in the side that had mandible markings on the front.

Sonia gave him a thumbs up as she digged his new look.

"Perfect! I'll buy it for you for coming with me today. How's that sound?"

"....Thank you."

Sonia smiled as she looked closer at the tag and found the brand name.

'Colony, huh? I better keep an eye out for this brand. He might come shopping with more if I can find their selection. Hehe.'

She finally found a good way to get Adrian to go shopping with her. She wouldn't let the chance go to waste.

**************

Adrian was finally released from Sonia's grip a few hours later with his new jacket. He walked along the roads of Wedgehurst with Larvesta, enjoying the sights.

Larvesta hung on his shoulder as the two enjoyed the breeze.

"Beeeeh~!"

"Hmm?"

Adrian suddenly turned around and noticed a giant fluff of white hurtling towards him from a nearby hill!

"Look out!"

*Bam*

"Oof!"

Adrian was knocked to the ground, but he wasn't really hurt. He was only blind from all the wool in his face.

"Beeeh."

The fluff was taken off of him as a boy with purple hair pushed the sheep away.

"Sorry about Wooloo! It just started rolling downhill and couldn't stop!"

"That's okay. That was a weird experience."

The boy helped Adrian up as he dusted himself off.

"The name's Hop by the way! Haven't seen you around these parts before."

"I'm Adrian. This is-"

Adrain looked to his shoulder and grew scared!

There was nothing there!

"Where did Larvesta go?!"

"Larvesta?"

"Yeah! My Pokemon!"

The two looked around quickly for it only to see Wooloo now having new yellow spikes sticking out of its fur.

"Lar!"

Larvesta's legs wiggled helplessly as it tried to get out.

Adrian sighed and reached into Wooloo's fluff to free him.

Once Hop saw Larvesta, his eyes began to sparkle!

"Woah! Your Pokemon looks so cool!"

"Ugh, thanks. Your Pokemon is....very fluffy."

"Beh~!"

Wooloo looked happy as it rolled around Adrian.

"Hahaha! Wooloo really seems to like you. You live around here?"

"Yeah. I live with Professor Magnolia. I'm her little assistant for now."

"You live with Professor Magnolia?!"

Hop got close to Adrian as he bombarded him with questions!

Adrian had no choice, but to answer his questions.

As Adrian answered him, his energy seemed to rise as excitement seethed from his very being!

"I gotta tell Lee about this! He'll be excited!"

"Lee?"

"Ah! That's my big brother! I gotta go! I'll see you later!"

"Beh~!"

Hop ran quickly towards his house as Wooloo rolled right behind him.

Adrian looked on with a twitching eyebrow.

"Let's....go back home."

"Lar..."

*********

The two walked back on the trail towards home when Larvesta noticed something odd.

"Lar! Lar!"

"Hmm?"

Adrian's eyes began to glow as he listened to Larvesta.

(Why are there so many birds over there?)

Adrian looked up and noticed an area next to the lake had lots of black shadows falling into the trees with the setting sun.

(I have a bad feeling about it. I'm gonna go check!)

"Wait!"

Larvesta jumped out of Adrian's arms and ran towards the source.

Adrian chased after him as the two came near a large tree with several Spearows crowding it.

"Spearow? I don't think I've seen them around here before."

Adrian crouched down and watched the birds peck at an opening hidden in a nearby tree. Another group seemed to be devouring something on the side as well.

(Let's go back. There is way too many Pokemon here.)

(.....)

Larvesta looked into the nearby crowd and frowned. Adrian felt Larvesta's air change to a violent one!

(I gotta help!)

(Help?! Wait!)

Larvesta made a beeline towards the clearing and used Tackle to ram any Spearow he could get drop on!

"Krawww! Kraww!!"

The small flock of Spearow were caught off guard and began to change targets to Larvesta, pecking towards him!

(Larvesta! Use String Shot on them to tie them down!)

Larvesta panicked for a moment before spewing thread after thread at the Spearow!

"Kraww! Kraww?!"

*Bam Bam*

Several of the Spearow fell to the ground as the webs stuck their feathers together!

"Kraww!"

The group who evaded the String Shot began to flap their wings towards Larvesta together!

(That's Gust! Dodge it!)

"Lar! Lar!"

Larvesta quickly dashed towards the nearby bushes, away from Adrian.

*Wooosh Woosh*

The flock made a strong Gust flash through the forest!

Adrian hunched down as the winds threatened to blow him away!

Larvesta managed to hide behind a nearby tree, looking for an opening.

"Kraww! Kraww!"

Some of the Spearow decided to attack directly as they flew towards Larvesta.

(Now! Use Ember!)

Larvesta opened his mouth as bursts of Ember fired out, hitting the Spearow!

Their feathers burned as the crashed into the ground!

"Kraw! Kraw!"

The Leader Spearow felt they needed to bring more Pokemon to take the bug!

They quickly flew off to get reinforcements, leaving the other Spearow caught in the web!

Adrian sighed in relief as he watched them leave.

(Go check in the tree for what they were after. If you can't find anything, then we have to go!)

(Right!)

Larvesta climbed into the hole to see whatever was in there and help.

Adrian looked around and kept a look out for any more birds. He looked over at the thing they were surrounding and frowned. 

Dried bones and fur littered the ground.

'This...is a feeding ground?'

Yellowish orange shells cover the ground along with blotches of blood. They seemed to be the newest addition to the piles.

"......"

"Lar!"

Adrian turned around and found Larvesta carrying another worm on his back.

This one had large, shiny eyes like glasses, and was mostly dark blue and beige.

"A Blipbug? Then this might be...."

Adrian looked at the shells on the ground and figured out who these shells were from.

He silently picked them up and put them in his pockets.

"Come on! We have to go before they come back."

Larvesta nodded as he crawled on Adrian's shoulder while Adrian grabbed the Blipbug.

As he grabbed it, he didn't notice Larvesta glaring at the group of Spearow still stuck in his web.

Larvesta turned around and spewed a few sparks at the trapped Spearow in disgust!

Adrian didn't notice as he was concerned about the Blipbug.

He hurried quickly to the Pokemon center while Larvesta was keeping an eye on the skies.

He managed to luckily make it back to the Pokemon Center and put both Pokemon in their care.

'Ah! Professor is going to get me for this. Shoot!'

Adrian became a bit anxious as he waited for Nurse Joy to finish examining his Pokemon.

Nurse Joy soon came up to him with a hint of concern.

"I've finished examining your Pokemon, but the Blipbug..."

"Please bring me there!"

Adrian didn't wait for her to finish as he ran towards their waiting room.

"Lar!"

"Blip?! Blip!"

Adrian rushed in to find Larvesta trying to calm down a disoriented Blipbug.

"Just give me a few minutes. It's a bit distressed."

Nurse Joy nodded her head and gave the group some space.

Once Nurse Joy left, Adrian's face became solemn as his eyes began to glow.

(Blipbug.)

The Blipbug searched the room after hearing the voice until its shiny eyes landed on Adrian's glowing ones.

(Was that you? What happened?!)

(We found you in a tree, surrounded by Spearows.)

Adrian brought out the shells and placed them in front of the Blipbug.

The Blipbug looked at the shells, trembling in silence as its head dropped down.

Larvesta and Adrian stayed silent as they gave the Blipbug time to come to grips with what happened.

After a few minutes, Blipbug stopped grieving as it looked at the shells silently.

It continued to stare until it suddenly realized something!

"Blip?! Blip Blip?!"

"Lar?!"

Larvesta's face grew serious as he turned to Adrian. His eyes glowed again as he knew the situation may have gotten worse.

(Adrian! She says her friend was still inside the tree! We have to go back there!)

Adrian nodded his head.

He wouldn't let it die if he could stop it.

Larvesta got more details from Blipbug as they quickly ran out of the Pokemon Center.

Larvesta held on to his right side while Blipbug hung on to his left.

The three quietly made their way back to the tree, but Adrian felt an ominous feeling going through his body.

The forest was quiet as the sun had already gone down.

The only sound that could be heard were the crunching of Adrian's shoes on the ground and his light panting.

Larvesta and Blipbug also became eerily quiet as they sensed something as well.

"Kraw!! Kraw!!"

The three ducked down near tall grass as they slowly came to the tree. Adrian grew nervous and shocked at the sight in front of the tree.

A pile of burnt corpses sat behind the group of Spearow as a Large Fearow seemed to be yelling at the group.

Adrian could feel Larvesta and Blipbug shiver as they laid eyes on the Fearow.

'It's strong. It must be the leader of the group.'

"Kraw! Kraw!"

Fearow's wings shined brightly as it whacked the group of Spearow nearby that fled earlier.

Once it was finished venting its anger, it went to the pile of burnt Spearows and nudged a particular corpse.

Adrian stared daggers at Larvesta as he realized he must've set the group on fire while they were leaving!

(Don't do that again! They wouldn't have been here if you didn't go so far!)

Larvesta nodded regretfully as he knew he messed up.

Blipbug didn't say anything as she paid attention to the group of birds.

The Fearow called out to the group leader, but it seemed to only shake in fear. It answered the Fearow shakily as it looked to be describing something to it.

Adrian wanted to use his ability, but he felt a shiver run up his spine.

He decided to trust his instincts for once and ask Larvesta once they were gone.

The Spearow's answer made the Fearow furious as its wing began to shine with a metallic luster.

*Swish Roll*

The Spearow froze as its head rolled on the grass nearby.

Everyone was silent as the Fearow began to sweep her gaze at all of them.

"Kaww!! Kaww!!"

The group listened silently as the Fearow grabbed the head of the useless Spearow with utter disdain in her eyes.

It launched the head through the bushes nearby and screeched orders towards the Spearows.

Adrian froze as the head of the Spearow rolled in front of him.

Once it was done, it coldly looked at the other survivors and motioned them to follow as it took to the air.

They flew into the night sky, letting the area regain its peaceful nature.

Adrian slowly got out of the bush with the two Pokemon as he watched the direction they flew to.

"It seems like they flew from the Wild Area. We'll have to be careful in the future."

Larvesta nodded his head while Blipbug jumped off of his shoulder and went into the tree hole.

Before it went, it slammed into the Spearow and knocked it out of sight.

The two waited for Blipbug as they kept watch. Larvesta was extra cautious of any sounds as it kept guard.

Adrian's eyes glowed as he watched the other side of the tree.

(What did that Fearow say to the others?)

(...She got a description of me from the Spearow before she killed it off. She said to call her and capture me if I ever appear in the Wild Area.)

(....Great. We got a bounty already.)

After a tense few minutes, Blipbug came out of the tree with another yellow Pokemon following behind it.

It was smaller than Adrian expected as a Cutiefly slowly unfurled its wings and flew into the air.

"Bzzz."

The Cutiefly flew circles in the air happily as the Blipbug watched over it warmly.  

Despite the happy atmosphere, Adrian could still see the anger and grief smoldering in her eyes.

Adrian and Larvesta glanced at each other and nodded their heads.

"Sorry for your loss."

Adrian reached into his pocket and placed the shells on the ground.

Larvesta crawled into his jacket as he started to head home.

He didn't want to cause anymore trouble for the two Pokemon.

'Ugh! It's so late. Magnolia's gonna kill me!'

Adrian was lost in his thoughts as he headed through the bush with Larvesta in tow.

As he left, Blipbug looked up and watched his back as he disappeared out of the forest.

*************

The next day, Adrian was busy doing gardening for Magnolia.

He was sweating as he pulled on the tough weeds.

He wiped his sweat with his forearm and thought back to Magnolia's reaction.

'You had me worried sick. It's good you helped those Pokemon, but you shouldn't interfere with nature until you're stronger. Pull the weeds out from the garden tomorrow. This is the first part of your punishment.'

He was surprised by how well she took it, but now he understood she already had a punishment waiting for him.

He also couldn't have Larvesta help him out, so he could only do it himself.

'I better not mess up next time. Who knows what else she has planned for me to do?'

"Whew! Halfway done. Just a bit more to go."

Adrian looked at the rest of the garden and saw familiar figures next to him.

"Huh?"

He could see Blipbug looking at Cutiefly who was happily buzzing around some nearby flowers.

"Eh?! What are you two doing here?"

"Bzzz!"

Cutiefly buzzed toward him and landed on his head playfully.

He also saw Blipbug crawl towards him and stop.

They looked at each other for a moment before his eyes began to glow.

(Why are you guys here?)

Blipbug looked towards the forest as she answered.

(Our big brother sacrificed himself so we could survive, but I can't do it by myself. I'm also sure those Spearow won't leave us alone if they find us again.)

Blipbug turned back to face Adrian.

(Our only option is to train under you. Your Pokemon was able to do what I couldn't. I have to learn how to be stronger.)

A flash of light reflected off her eyes as she squinted.

(Otherwise, I won't be able to get revenge.)

Adrian slowly nodded his head. He slowly raised his gaze upwards and asked the Cutiefly on his head as well.

(Nice! Happy!)

The Cutiefly fluttered her wings as she squirmed her way into his hair.

Adrian smiled wryly as he realized Cutiefly might be even younger than he thought.

(Please help me take revenge.)

Blipbug bowed her head at Adrian. He scratched his head and picked Blipbug up slowly.

(You know, I'm happy you want to join us. I just have to explain something to you.)

Blipbug was confused and waited for Adrian to continue.

(I don't own Pokemon. I am partners with Larvesta. We are a family. If you join us, you and Cutiefly will be our family as well. I don't want you to misunderstand that.)

Blipbug looked surprised, but nodded her head nonetheless.

(Then we will be family.)

Adrian smiled and placed her on his shoulder.

Though she was a bit cold, he was still happy nonetheless.

"Okay! Back to weeding!"

Adrian pumped himself up and started to weed the rest of the garden.

Blipbug helped point out the weeds while Cutiefly stayer nestled in his hair.

Magnolia watched him from the window with a smile.

'Looks like he'll be a strong trainer as well in the future.'

Magnolia turned her head towards a map and squinted her eyes.

A marked area of the map close by began to radiate with energy.

"Hmmm. Looks like I will have to go to  Galar mine 2. This energy signature must be examined closely."

Magnolia nodded her head as she began to check over her notes.

"I better bring a bodyguard this time."

*****************

Astrid looked at her phone with a contemplative gaze as she slowly dialed Magnolia's number.

"Aaaaaaah!!!!"

"Where is your base?!"

She turned to watch her husband working for a moment and decided to move away from their "meeting".

*Ring Ring Ring*

Rotom quickly called the number as she looked up at the night sky through the smoke.

*Hello?*

"Ah! Professor! Good evening."

*Good evening, Astrid. Checking up on Adrian again?*

"Yeah. I finally have a bit of breather. Just want to know what he's up to."

*I see. Well, I have quite the story for your update today.*

"Really? Let's hear it."

Magnolia told Astrid everything that had happened recently with Adrian.

She started to frown once she heard about the Fearow.

"That bird definitely won't let it go that easily. Tell Adrian to be careful of getting seen by Spearow. They may still be looking for the killer. Larvesta isn't exactly hard to spot."

*Don't worry. I have someone in mind to handle the situation. I'll also get some more Pokeballs for him since  managed to get some lovely new Pokemon.*

Astrid smiled with glee.

"Fantastic. I can't wait to tell his father all about it. I'll let you rest now."

*Pleasure to hear from you. I'll let Adrian know you called. I'll leave you to your work.*

"Until next time, Professor."

*Click*

Astrid put the phone away and headed back to the room she left.

*Clang*

"Aaaaaaah!!"

Astrid walked up to Brian who was near a man that was strapped to a chair.

Pawniard was slamming his blades together near his ear.

*Riiing*

"Aaaaah!!"

Brian saw Astrid approaching and nodded his head.

"Break time, Pawniard."

"Pawn!"

Pawniard nodded his head as he stopped attacking the man with Metal Sound.

Brian went in front of him and checked his condition.

"Hmmm. Seems like he's ready. Maybe another hour should get him to cooperate."

 Brian notices the faint twitches of fear from the man, but didn't pay it any mind.

He turned around and saw Astrid toss a Pokeball into the air.

*Poof*

"Ala."

Alakazam stood before the man and turned towards Astrid.

"Check his memories for anything useful. He survives if he knows anything important."

Alakazam nodded his head and faced the man while his eyes began to glow.

Astrid turned towards Brian and motioned him to follow.

He tilted his head, but still followed after her outside of the room.

Once they were outside, she turned towards Brian and pouted.

Brian couldn't help, but chuckle as he saw her face.

"What? What did I do?"

Astrid lightly punched his chest.

"Your genes are too strong. Our son is already getting in trouble with Pokemon."

Brian suddenly started to sweat.

"It's not bad, is it?!"

Astrid shook her head.

"Not yet, but it's a start. He's gonna be just like you soon enough."

Astrid sighed as she massaged her temples.

"What happened?"

Astrid started to tell Brian about the story.

Once she was done, she already grew irritated at the huge grin on his face.

"Hehehe! He's already using the advice we gave him. We probably won't have to worry about him at all."

"He should be okay as long as the Professor Magnolia is there. Galar's arrangements are still in order too."

Astrid smoothed out her long hair and rubbed her forehead while Brian stared at her.

She chuckled a bit at his blatant gaze.

"Down, boy. We're on the job."

"Tsk. Fine. I can wait."

She shook her head and started to walk back to the Team Rocket member they captured.

Her eyes scanned around the area, looking at the broken buildings and fires still blazing.

Corpses of Rocket members and Pokemon laid on the ground.

This place was a mess.

"They had a good foothold here."

Brian's face grew serious as he nodded his head.

"Yeah. Can't say I didn't expect it from Giovanni. He's pretty crafty after all."

Astrid nodded her head. 

It wouldn't be so easy to clean them out or the League would've taken care of him long ago.

The couple came back and saw Alakazam meditating while the man was still breathing.

"Looks like he was useful. What does he know?"

Astrid walked up to Alakazam and asked.

Alakazam said nothing as he silently connected with Astrid.

She took a moment to go over the information as Brian packed up their new friend.

He put Pawniard back into its Pokeball and waited for Astrid to finish.

Once she was done sifting through the information, Brian could see her fists were clenched and shaking.

"Astrid?"

"......"

She didn't say anything as she turned to Brian.

He looked into her eyes and grew tense. 

He could only see anger reflected in them.

"That bastard is still alive, Brian."

Brian's aura suddenly grew cold.

"You sure?"

"He's the man's superior. He's in Team Rocket's science division now."

Brian's fists clenched tightly.

"Let's report back then. We'll see what the League wants us to do."

Astrid nodded her head and grabbed Brian's sleeve.

"Aly, Teleport us to base."

Alakazam's eyes grew bright as his psychic power enveloped them.

*Pssst*

The couple disappeared in a flash as the destroyed base slowly continued to burn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20