11. New students and Egg Fair
354 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now I’m going to introduce you to my son, Azalea. This here is Adrian. He’s like you, but in a different type. He’s going to specialize in Bug types.”

Astrid held her hands on Adrian’s shoulders as he looked at the two girls in front of him.

Stella was now dressed in training gear compared to her miner outfit before, having a sleek grey new sweatsuit.

Azalea stood next to her with her own purple sweatsuit, looking a bit nervous as she looked around.

Her hair was finally fixed as she swept her bangs back with flowery hair clips, allowing her red eyes to scan the area freely.

Astrid smiled as she took in a deep breath and focused.

These were her first students and she intended to make sure they survive through the dangers of being a Soldier.

“You sure about this, dear? These girls look pretty fragile.”

Astrid turned to Brian who was crouched next to her. She rolled her eyes at him and paid attention to the two girls.

“Ignore this grouch. He’s just mad I managed to find talent here before he could.”

“Hmph! I’m not going to look for students. I’m just surprised you did.”

“Nnnh!”

Azalea put her hands on her hips and stuck her tongue out at Brian.

“…..You know what? Maybe it will be a bit fun to help you teach them.”

“Ah ah ah! It’s not your turn yet.”

“Tch! Fine. Call me when I get to play.”

Brian pointed two fingers at his eyes and pointed one back at Azalea.

Azalea put the back of her hand under her chin and wiggled her fingers back.

*Smack*

Before Brian could fire another insult at her, Astrid slapped his head.

“Stop! You’re like a big kid.”

Brian stuck his tongue out at Astrid and walked towards a nearby stump.

Astrid shook her head and turned back to the three.

“Since Adrian is a quite a bit stronger than you two, I’m going to focus on you more from now on. We’ll have you do the normal routine and then we’ll go over how you two can fight with your types.

Stella raised her hand.

“Yes?”

“I had a question for a while now. What exactly are Soldiers?”

Astrid turned to see Azalea nodding her head. Even Adrian was attentive at the answer.

Astrid shook her head.

“I guess I better explain it. I did kind of take everyone under my wing without explaining everything.”

“Like usual!”

“Shut it!”

Astrid turned around and yelled at Brian before turning back to explain.

“Well, I’ll explain some basic things. The first thing would be Soldiers are essentially Rangers and Officers put together. There aren’t many of us, but we police all around the world when needed. Well, mostly in places with high League influence. We can be considered Children of Arceus.”

“Children of Arceus? Isn’t that a bit much?”

Azalea questioned Astrid, but she shook her head.

“There’s a reason why we are called that. Some of the Commanders that have come before us had performed crazy feats that gave us that title.”

“Commanders?”

Astrid nodded her head at Adrian’s question and began to explain.

“None of you have activated the Battle Mantra yet. Once it begins, you will feel a core inside of you. The core is formed by trading energies with your Pokemon of the same type. You will continue to trade energy until you gain your first Limit. It will appear once your core will no longer accept any more energy from your Pokémon, marking you entering the Private rank.”

Astrid collected her thoughts for a moment before continuing.

“Once the first Limit is reached, you will see why they call us Children of Arceus. You will be able to use one of your Pokémon’s moves that fit your type.”

“”!!!!””

All three of the kids looked at Astrid with strange faces.

“Really?! We could use those moves?!”

“Correct.”

*Shuup*

“”!!!!””

The three of them watched as Astrid disappeared in a flash!

“Teleport?!”

“That’s right.”

“”Wooah!!””

The three turned around to see Astrid standing behind them with a pleased as punch expression.

“That was the first move I learned.”

Astrid puffed her chest with pride while Brian shook his hand dismissively.

Astrid sneered as she could tell Brian wanted to show off too. Too bad his move needed a target.

“Ignoring the sour Persian over there, You three won’t have much of a selection in the beginning. I’ll give you some advice on that as well. Don’t pick moves because they’re cool. Pick moves because they’re useful.”

“Moves that are useful.”

Adrian nodded his head as he thought about the moves he could learn.

He didn’t have many he could choose from, but he would have to wrack his brain to make them work.

Stella raised her hand quickly as a question crossed her mind.

“What about the Pokemon that have Dual Typings? Can we learn moves from their other side as well?”

Adrian and Azalea both nodded their heads as they turned to Astrid for an explanation.

She smiled as she nodded her head, but her expression became serious.

“You can, but you must be able to understand what you’re trying to learn.”

“I have to understand what I’m learning?”

Astrid nodded her head before turning to a nearby tree.

She got into a stance as a blue aura formed around her before coalescing on her hands!

“Haaa!”

*Fwoosh Bam*

Everyone watched as Astrid struck the tree with great force in the blink of an eye!

Leaves began to fall down from the tree as she turned and looked at the students.

All three of them could see an outline of her palms in the bark of the tree.

“That was Force Palm. I learned it from Medicham. It was easier for me to learn since using psychic energy is similar to aura-like energies. I got the hang of it rather quickly.”

“Whoa! That’s so cool!”

Astrid shook her head as she slowly took in a breath.

She turned to Adrian who was deep in thought.

“Did you see it, sweetie?”

“Eh?”

“?”

Stella and Azalea turned to Adrian who nodded his head.

“You used Teleport and then Force Palm, right?”

Astrid’s proud gaze shook Azalea and Stella!

“You can do that?!”

“Of course you can. That’s why I said make sure the moves are useful, not cool. Some combinations of moves will save your life someday, but you shouldn’t use them if you don’t synergize what you have. You also should pay some attention to the Pokemon you pick and what you want to your style of battle to be for your Pokemon and yourself.”

Her words made the three children sink into reflection as they thought of the moves they could use in the future.

“No need to think so deeply now, especially for you two. You don’t even have Pokemon yet.”

Azalea and Stella’s faces grew red as they pouted at Brian.

Astrid stifled a giggle as she came up and patted their heads.

“Now don’t pout. We’ll start going on field trips to areas around Galar that might have something for you two. You’ll have to keep your eyes peeled though. It’s dangerous out in the wild.”

““Yes, Teacher!””

Astrid nodded her head and looked over at Adrian.

Adrian slowly raised his hand, making her nod at him with a smile.

“You said we have to find a style for ourselves. What is your style, Mom?”

Astrid smiled as she punched the air!

*Fwoosh*

Adrian could feel a small gust of wind coming from her as his hair blew back.

“I’m an attacker type. I usually rush in and attack Pokemon myself. My team supports me with intel, coverage and power when I get in over my head.”

Astrid pointed over to Brian.

“That lug over there is a Strategist type. He likes to use his team to make you suffer before finishing you off. It’s a pretty good deterrent for some types of Pokemon.”

The three looked over at Brian as he sarcastically waved at them, his smile seeming more sinister by the minute.

“Well, That’s enough of that. Stella. Azalea.”

“Yes?!”

Azalea stood attentive while Stella focused her gaze on Astrid.

Astrid’s smile grew wild while she loosened her legs a bit.

“You guys are going to run.”

************

 

“Haaaaa~! I want a Pokemon!”

Azalea flopped down om the couch, exhausted as she refused to get up.

Stella sat next to her and patted her head.

“Don’t worry, Azy. We’ll get our Pokemon soon.”

Azalea pouted as she peeked at the other side of the room.

*Brush Brush Brush*

“Laar~.”

Sol sat on Adrian’s waist as he brushed his hairs around his face and horns.

Adrian checked his Pokemon’s condition as he brushed, looking for and marks or injuries on his skin.

‘Looks like Sol has been taking it slow as I suggested.’

Adrian continued to brush for a bit before patting Sol’s head.

“You’re all done, buddy.”

[Thanks!]

Sol jumped off Adrian’s lap before heading outside to monitor the nearby berry trees.

Adrian looked to his side and pulled out a softer brush from his grooming kit as Ripley wormed her way to his lap.

“Just a little brushing?”

[Please. I must join Sol with watching the Oran berries.]

Adrian nodded his head and began to lightly brush Ripley’s body for any dirt. Since her sensory abilities rely on her hairs, it was better to just lightly brush it compared to Sol’s treatment.

She was quickly finished and began to make her way outside as well.

He suddenly noticed the girls watching him with envious eyes as Sugar and Charlotte, the Dewpider, rushed over to him.

*Shuu*

Sugar managed to land on his lap smugly as Charlotte stomped one of her feet on the carpet.

Adrian chuckled as he grabbed his tiniest brush and began to clear out any dirt and excess pollen he could find.

Charlotte decided to wait patiently on the side of the couch as Sugar wriggled in delight at Adrian’s touch.

“It’s unfair…”

Adrian smiled as he heard Azalea complain.

“You’ll have your own Pokemon real soon. I’m sure of it.”

Adrian rubbed Sugar’s head with his finger as his little brush started to finish up her treatment.

“What kind of Pokemon would you like to get, Azalea?”

Azalea sat up and began to think of the Pokemon she wanted.

As she began to think, she started to frown.

“There’s…not many cute Pokemon as Poison types, huh?”

Adrian chuckled as he shook his head.

“There may be a few, but their cuteness is dependent on your tastes.”

“Ugh!”

Azalea flopped back down and scooted her way over to Stella’s lap.

Stella didn’t seem to mind as Azalea pouted on her thigh.

She absently played with Azalea’s hair as she watched Adrian switch brushes for Charlotte as she took the place of Sugar.

Sugar took flight and hovered out the window as she went to go look for flowers.

“Hmm. You’ve been trying to take over that pond nearby again?”

Charlotte absently nodded her head as she let him grab on of her legs holding the water bubble on her head.

He scrubbed the leg lightly before moving on to the others, scrubbing the ones she walked on with a bit more force.

He then took a tiny net from his kit and began to scoop any debris he could see in her bubble of water.

Adrian meticulously looked over her water bubble before nodding his head and patting her stomach.

“You’re all done. Where’s Jagger?”

Charlotte dropped to the ground and pointed outside towards the trees.

Adrian sighed as he decided to let him go.

‘He must be making tunnels again.’

Adrian stood up and stretched.

“Stop showing off your Pokemon to us.”

Azalea complained, but Adrian knew she was just being a sour Lum.

“Sorry. Gotta make sure they are all healthy. They’re still growing after all.”

Adrian left the two as he went to his room.

His room hadn’t changed much over the years.

Some of the kids toys he had had been replaced with more Pokemon biology and care books. Posters of Nessa were put on one side of his room, forced into his hands by the woman herself.

‘I don’t want to go on one of their coffee dates again.’

He had been dragged over by Sonia once again to meet her, gaining himself another ‘Big Sister’.

Adrian shook his head of those thoughts and crouched down under his bed.

He lifted the covers and found Flash, The Wimpod, sleeping peacefully in the dark.

“Flash.”

Adrian called out to him softly, hoping to wake him up gently.

Arceus knows how panicked he was the last time he just yelled.

Flash twitched and opened his eyes as he looked at Adrian.

“Wimp.”

Wimpod groggily came towards Adrian and crawled into his embrace.

Adrian chuckled as he picked him up and headed back downstairs.

“Just rest, sleepy head. I need to brush you.”

Adrian made his way back to the couch as he reached into his grooming kit, ignoring the surprised look on Azalea and Stella’s face as he prepared to brush Flash’s shell clean of any lint and dust.

“I’m surprised you have two Shiny Pokemon. It gets me every time.”

Azalea had never seen a shiny Pokemon before beside pictures in some magazines.

She was ecstatic when she first met Sol and Flash, though Flash didn’t have to the same reaction.

After a few months, however, Flash had gotten used to seeing the two.

Adrian softly brushed Flash’s shell and whiskers as he dozed off peacefully.

Adrian was finished soon and just let Flash sit on his lap, absently stroking his head with soft pats as he noted he was getting a bit bigger.

‘Good. I’m glad he’s not as skinny as he was when we first met.’

Adrian nodded his head and looked up to see the two girls sparkling with interest as they held their hands on their laps.

Adrian looked at them for a moment and sighed.

His eyes began to glow as he looked at Flash.

[Hey, Flash? Can those two touch you? Just a bit?]

Flash noticeably shivered and woke up before turning towards the two girls.

They both reigned back their burning desire and smiled at Flash as best as they could.

Facing the dazzling smiles, Flash turned back and rested on Adrian.

[Just a little.]

Adrian smiled as he patted Flash’s head again.

‘He’s getting a little better at being brave.’

Adrian turned to the two and nodded his head, prompting them to get up silently and slowly approach.

Flash felt two other hands on his shell as they lightly rubbed his body.

“Wow. It’s so smooth.”

“Yeah. I can’t believe it’s so smooth and shiny.”

Stella admired his smoothness while Azalea just admired him in general.

Adrian smiled as he continued to pat his head.

“Adrian!”

“!!”

*Fwoosh*

Flash quickly leapt from Adrian’s lap and fled up to his room as Brian barreled into the room.

“Adrian! There you are! Huh?”

Brian found his son, but also found two angry girls glaring at him!

“What?”

“”Haaaa.””

The two girls sighed as Adrian could only smile wryly.

His Dad is as brutish as usual with them.

“Hey Dad. What’s going on?”

Brian smiled as he moved to rub his son’s head.

“I got a friend of mine who’s having a Fair going on in Galar. It rarely happens so I wanted to bring you with me to see what he has.”

“A Fair?”

Brian nodded his head as Astrid walked in as well.

“So your “Friend”? Have I met him?”

Astrid folded her arms under her chest as she glared at Brian.

Brian, of course, ignored her unamused expression and nodded his head.

“Yep! You almost sent him into sky the last time you met.”

*Shiver*

Adrian felt a chill run up his spine as Astrid’s hair began to fly up.

“That bastard?!”

Brian nodded his head as he tapped his chest.

“Don’t worry. I won’t let him get corrupted. You know how I am.”

Astrid looked at Brian for a moment before her hair fell back down.

“…..What Items does he have this time?”

“Ones you need.”

Astrid flinched for a moment before sighing.

“I’ll go too.”

Brian reeled back in shock as he looked at his wife.

“Don’t get all shocked now! I have students! I have to take care of them.”

“I can just bring them along. You don’t have to come.”

Astrid shook her head.

“No! I’m their teacher. I must make the purchases for their growth.”

Brian looked at her for a moment and shrugged his shoulders.

He turned to the three kids with a smile.

“Get ready, kids. We’re going to the Fair!”

 

 

The three kids were perplexed as they followed behind Brian with Astrid behind them.

They were teleported to a strange little island a distance away from the mainland of Galar only to find an oddity in the middle of the ocean.

They could see on the beach they were walking on a makeshift store.

[Galen’s Store]

The name of the store was printed on the side of the little Cabana, looking more like a part of a resort than a Store.

They could see a man looking out at the ocean with robe covering his entire body.

The man turned towards them, making all three of the kids shiver.

The inside of the robe seemed empty.

The man had no defining features to speak of as he stood from his chair.

“Welcome, old friend.”

Brian came towards him and gave to robe a hug.

The man reciprocated his affections for a moment before letting go.

“Good to see you again, Galen.”

The robed figure nodded before looking over at Adrian.

Adrian stared into the dark mass inside the hood for a moment, realizing there was something inside the robe.

It was just too dark to tell exactly what it was.

“A spitting image of you two. I can’t believe that someone as unruly as you can have a good kid. And daughters?”

*Cough Cough*

Brian choked on his spit as he shook his head.

“No! Those two are Astrid’s students. We’re here to see if you have anything for them.”

The robed man nodded his head as he turned to Astrid.

“Astrid.”

“Galen.”

The two looked at each other for a moment before energy surrounded both of them!

Astrid’s energy was blue as her eyes began to glow and her hair stood up!

Galen’s aura was purple as several red eyes appeared inside his hood!

Brian, on the other hand, just stood in front of the kids to keep the aura away from them.

His body radiating a Dark energy that repelled the two from going too far.

Astrid’s display shocked Azalea and Stella, but Adrian just looked a bit embarrassed at his parents.

They seem to always bother someone when they went out.

The two locked eyes for a moment before everything went back to normal.

*Splash*

The waves of the sea came rushing up the sand, bringing a tranquil feel to the island once again.

“Please come in. I hope my wares can satisfy you two and the other customer coming as well.”

Brian smiled as he motioned the three kids to come with him.

“You sent an invite to someone else from Galar? We know him?”

Galen shook his head.

“Probably not, unless you know the Champion?”

“Leon?!”

Adrian burst into the conversation, surprising both Brian and Galen.

“How do you know him?”

Galen listened in as Brian questioned his son.

To Galen’s delight, Adrian looked at Brian as if he had lived under a rock.

‘He’s Astrid’s son alright.’

“Dad?! Are you serious? Not only did Sonia grow up with him, but I’m also friends with his younger brother!”

Brian turned his head away from Adrian as he looked at the nearby palm trees on the island with sudden fascination.

Astrid and the girls chuckled at the two as Adrian really couldn’t help his surprise on this one.

“Ah. My bad. Well, we should go check the wares while they’re hot. Wouldn’t want to lose out on an opportunity just because you were late, right?”

Brian masterfully avoided any more embarrassment by shamelessly changing the subject.

This time, Adrian and Astrid rolled their eyes, bringing out giggles from the girls as they decided to just ignore him and go in the store.

*Ching*

A Chimecho shaped chime rang as the door was opened.

“That’s so cute.”

Azalea smiled at the chime while heading inside before she was properly shocked.

“Eggs?!”

There were several eggs in the store, all on cushions and being displayed pristinely.

The three kids were indeed surprised to see this was an Egg shop.

Astrid clicked her tongue and turned to Galen.

“Where did you get this many?”

Galen turned to her and shook his head.

“You don’t need to know. I only find good homes for them all.”

Astrid snorted but didn’t say anything else.

She knew he cared about Pokemon a lot, maybe even more than humans.

Galen walked over to the kids and crouched down in front of them.

“You three can go find eggs that you think will help you with your journey. Your master will pay for them, so don’t worry about anything except the feel of the egg you want.”

Azalea and Stella’s eyes started to shine as they immediately darted over to the eggs!

They could finally get a Pokemon!

Adrian was surprised but looked at Galen and bowed his head.

“Um, I already have 6 Pokemon. I don’t think it will be appropriate.”

Galen listened to him and pondered for a moment.

“Well, in that case, you can just take 1 egg.”

Adrian was surprised he could still pick up an egg!

Galen nodded his head and stood to the side.

“Just treat it as appreciation from your father’s friend.”

Galen stood next to Brian and Astrid as the two girls ran through the rows of eggs, trying hard to decided what eggs to get.

Adrian decided to join them as he looked at the eggs with unconcealed interest.

He had never hatched an egg before, so he was very willing to try.

Astrid and Brian watched their son and students enjoy themselves with a smile on their faces.

Brian turned to Galen and whispered to him.

“How much for each egg?”

“Depends on the egg. You, my friend, will pay for your son’s egg. Astrid will pay for her students.”

“That was the planned arrangement anyway.”

Galen turned towards Astrid as she huffed for a moment.

He then turned to the children looking at eggs.

“I also called you here to tell you something. I also have a son.”

Brian and Astrid turned towards Galen so fast, the wind whipped through the shop.

“What? When?! How?!”

Brian was the first to be shocked as he grabbed Galen’s shoulders.

Even Astrid was surprised!

“It was a few years ago. I met a woman and….it just happened. I can’t be around him though. I can feel he’s taken more after me instead of his mother.”

Galen shook his head as he removed Brian’s hands from his shoulders.

“He’s gifted. A prodigy for Ghost types. I didn’t want him to be a Soldier though. That was the only thing I wanted. He shouldn’t live a life like this.”

Galen looked down at the floor as Brian patted his back.

Astrid thought for a moment and nodded her head.

“You want us to take him in?”

Galen shook his head.

“There’s no need to anymore. He’s stronger than I was. He already has his own path.”

Galen looked over at Adrian as he continued.

“I only wanted Adrian to meet him at some point and be his friend. Just like Brian is mine.”

Brian nodded his head.

He knew his boy would be friends with Galen’s blood.

“What’s his name?”

“Allister. He runs a Gym now in Stow-on-side city.”

Brian’s jaw dropped as he looked at his friend.

Galen chuckled as he saw Azalea pick up and egg and place her ear on it.

“You should use your energies and find eggs that sync with you. Otherwise, you’ll be raising a Pokemon you can’t use for your squad.”

Azalea and the others heard his words and nodded their heads.

The three soon began breathing in deeply and trying to flow the energy through their bodies.

As experienced soldiers, The three guardians could see the faint silhouette of energy from the children.

Adrian was coated in a light green aura, Stella was covered in a grey aura, and Azalea was covered in a purple and pink aura.

The aura manifested for a short moment before they started to get absorbed by certain eggs in the line-up.

Adrian could feel one of the eggs greedily trying to take his aura, but it couldn’t as it was a distance away from him.

Relying on this aura, Adrian opened his eyes and walked over to the egg.

It was decisively big compared to the others, but it was the only one that drew on his aura so strongly.

Adrian had a feeling this Pokemon was going to be strong.

He put his hand on the egg, only to feel a kick from the inside.

He smiled as he picked it up and walked over to his parents.

“I found my egg.”

Galen looked over the egg and nodded his head.

“He’s talented. That egg was troublesome to get.”

Galen looked over at Brian and gave him a thumbs up.

Brian was happy as well, hoping his son got something that would really watch his back in the future.

Astrid watched the girls shuffle between the eggs. There seemed to be quite a few around that were compatible to the girls.

Stella finally narrowed her selection down to 3 eggs, selecting one with easily, but struggling between two others.

“Hmmmm.”

Stella lifted the egg of one lightly before setting it down gently, then doing the same with the other.

“I’ll take these two!”

Stella carefully picked up one egg before turning to get the other when it was suddenly lifted up.

“Kekekeke”

A large Gengar popped into existence, holding the egg for her and bringing it over to the side of Brian and Astrid for her.

“Thank you, Gen.”

“Kekeke!”

Gengar cackled and disappeared as Stella brought the other egg with her.

She was surprised at first, but quickly realized it must work at this store.

Someone would have to be truly bold to steal from someone who could match her master.

“Ugh! I like this one, but I like the other one too!”

Azalea was also stuck between two eggs, while Gengar laughed at her plight.

Azalea stopped for a moment and began to release her faint aura again before picking up the egg that absorbed more between the two.

Gengar picked it up and brought it over to the others as Galen looked over the eggs.

“This one….was rather easy, so it’s cheap. This one was difficult. I found this one rather luckily, so discount price. This one, though, was rather hard to find.”

Galen pointed at the eggs as he quietly calculated their worth.

“For you, Brian, I’ll give you a discount. 25,000 Poke.”

Brian nodded his head as he pulled out his phone and transferred the money.

*Ping*

A notification came from Galen’s robe as he nodded his head.

“Made sure it was through empty accounts?”

“Always.”

Gallen then looked at Astrid.

The two stared at each other for a short while before he nodded his head.

“I’ll give you the discount too. This time. 100,000 Poke.”

Astrid nodded her head and pulled out her phone and made the transaction.

*Ping*

Galen nodded his head and turned towards the three kids.

“Thank you for your purchase. Please get my number from your parents or teacher for the next time I’m in your area. I will have more eggs to choose from if you need it.”

Galen gave a deep bow towards them all as Gengar appeared beside him to bow as well.

*Roar*

A distant roar alerted Astrid and Brian, but Galen waved his hand.

“His Charizard is as rowdy as usual.”

Galen opened the door outside to find a large Charizard hovering over the beach, preparing to land.

*Thud*

*ssssss*

The sand began to sizzle from Charizard’s heat as a figure jumped off its back with flair.

“The Champion is here!”

*Shing*

Leon flexed his signature pose with his hat dipped and cape fluttering with grace.

“”……..””

Brian and Astrid looked at Galar’s champion with a wry smile.

They could respect his skill, but not his flair.

“He kinda looks like a dork.”

“Kuk!”

Azalea didn’t filter her opinion as Leon took damage.

“S-Some people think it’s cool.”

“I feel bad for them.”

“Kuk!”

Adrian laughed loudly as he felt Azalea’s thoughts were appropriate.

Even Sonia was hesitant to say his pose was cool.

Stella was more enamored with Charizard as it just ignored Leon’s pose and came towards Adrian.

Adrian waved at him happily.

“Hey, Charizard! How are you?”

*Roar*

Charizard bent his body down to be level with Adrian as he reached out and scratched his neck.

*Gugugugugu*

Guttural sounds of pleasure came out of Charizard’s mouth as Adrian scratched his sweet spots.

“Hey Adrian! I didn’t know you were here!”

Leon recovered from his damage quickly and greeted Adrian with a familiar wave.

Adrian rolled his eyes and laughed at Leon’s nonchalance.

‘I guess that’s why he’s loved so much.’

“Hey, Leon. What are you doing here?”

Leon rubbed the back of his head as he laughed awkwardly.

“I came to see the Ghost of Eggs. I got a message saying he was around.”

‘The Ghost of Eggs?’

Adrian turned around to Galen who nodded his head.

‘Huh. Guess this is something a lot of people know.’

“Good thing you’re here, Champion. I have some eggs to give you.”

Galen extended his hand as Gengar came from the inside of the shop with basket containing three eggs.

“These three should be what you need. Let them grow a bit and they’ll be a fine gift for a new trainer.”

Leon nodded his head.

“This’ll be a good surprise for Hop. Ah! While I’m at it….”

Leon looked over at Brian and Astrid as he came over to take the eggs.

“I will need your help later on. Can I get your contact information?”

“Sure, kid. I can spare a number.”

The two exchanged numbers via Rotom Phones before Leon threw out another Pokeball.

*Poof*

“Grauh!!”

A wide headed black dragon floated next to him as he handed the egg basket for it to hold.

“A Dragapult!”

Stella and Azalea’s eyes shined as they admired the sleek looking dragon.

“Looks like he raised it well.”

Galen nodded his head at his skills. He could tell the Dragapult was taken well care of.

Adrian also looked fascinated by it as he observed its transparent tail swiveling around.

He wanted to look more into it, but suddenly remembered something!

“Leon!”

Leon turned to him, looking confused as to why he was so worked up.

Adrian stomped over to Leon and grabbed his shirt, dragging him down to his face.

Leon’s Charizard and Dragapult watched curiously as they stood at the ready.

“When are you going to ask Big Sis out on a date?!”

Silence resounded around them until Brian broke out into a peal of laughter!

Leon’s face grew red as he drew back from Adrian.

“W-What are you talking about? I don’t have any thoughts about Sonia at all!”

Adrian crossed his arms and stared at Leon.

“I have two Big Sisters nowadays. I never said it was Sonia.”

Brian and Astrid’s laughter could be heard as Leon’s face was approaching Applin colors of red.

“L-Let’s go, Charizard! Gotta run!”

*Roar~*

Charizard roared teasingly as it gave Adrian a thumbs up.

Dragapult also chuckled as it began to rise after Charizard.

Adrian yelled as Charizard and Dragapult were pulling away!

“Hurry up! I can’t stand all these shopping trips! She needs a boyfriend and soon!”

Adrian may or may not have seen Leon slip from Charizard’s back in embarrassment.

He also decided to keep it a secret as even Charizard was laughing at him now.

Well, it didn’t mean the others would though.

10