2.Wedding Night
1.3k 10 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ball is packed, it seems almost every noble in the realm has attended. The noise makes me want to leave the instant I step through the doors. Many people congratulate me on the marriage, I say some simple pleasantries and move on. 

It isn’t all that good of a feeling when one is congratulated on something, they had no choice in doing, whether it is something good or something bad. Soon I join my wife on the dance floor, I don’t happen to be a gifted dancer and thus the entire experience wasn’t all that much fun. 

I concentrated so hard on not screwing up that by the time I was done dancing I was exhausted. I sat down and began to eat some of the dishes on the table. Not long after I start eating Giovanni joins me at the table. 

“How is the meal your majesty?” 

“It is fine, how are you today?” I look at the man, his beard hides the smile on his face. His eyes seem to be happy but upon closer inspection one can see that the smile most certainly doesn’t reach his eyes. His hair has long since gone gray from the stress of running an empire. 

“I am most pleased; it has been a good day.” His wife walks up and smiles at me, I am momentarily stunned. Rosa De Alle is a beautiful woman and it is clear that her daughter takes after her. 

“Hello your majesty, it is a pleasure to meet you once more.” Unlike her husband, Rosa’s smile reaches her eyes. Her dress is modest, a rather dull color but despite this it doesn’t diminish her beauty in the least. 

“Likewise, I hope you are enjoying the ball.” I begin eating once more, hardly sparing them another glance. We continue talking for a while but it is mostly just me and Rosa, Giovanni dislikes me and mostly ignores me. The feelings are mutual, had it not been required to meet with the host he probably would have avoided me. Much less acknowledging the fact that I married his daughter today. 

“Mother, Father, Husband.” I glance over my shoulder to see Isabella joining us. She sits beside me and inserts herself into the conversation, with an excuse to talk less I happily shut up and ignore the fact I am surrounded by the Alle family. 

“Michael reminds me so much of Giovanni when he was younger!” Rosa says dragging my attention away from the food on my plate. I do not understand what she is saying, I am nothing like Giovanni. 

Giovanni is an administrative genius, above everybody in his generation. He carefully maneuvers the court and always manages to place himself at top. In comparison I am rather bad at administration, all I know is how to fight. 

“Is that so?” Isabella asks, Giovanni also seems to be paying attention to the conversation now. His normal smile has flipped upside down and because he currently wears a frown which in turn causes me to smile. 

“Certainly, both of them are men of few words. Not to mention how they constantly look displeased; it wasn’t until much later in his life that Giovanni started smiling more.” 

“Dear, that hardly makes me similar to his majesty. How could I compare to heaven’s favorite descendant, the chosen of God?” I can hear the smugness ooze out of his words but everybody else around me ignores it as if it didn’t happen. 

Time passes in the blink of an eye. I look outside and notice how dark it has gotten. Slowly the crowd has dwindled down until it is just me, Isabella, Rosa, and her husband. 

“Well, it is time for my wife and I to take our leave. I hope you enjoy your stay in Belnuo, I recommend you and your son visit the great library. There are a vast number of books there.” I say looking at Rosa while standing up, it is late and I am growing impatient. 

“It has been an honor, I shall take your suggestion into consideration and bring Leonardo to see the great library. Have a good night your majesty.” I begin to walk away after she finishes with Isabella following closely behind me. 

I walk into my room and begin to change out of my clothes into nightwear. It isn’t long before I am in bed and reading a random book. Isabella finishes getting dressed and joins me in bed, she sees me reading and grabs the bible on the table next to the bed. 

“Your majesty?” Isabella calls out to me tentatively, as if afraid to bring up what is on her mind. I look over at her, she has put down her book and is looking down at the sheets. 

“Hm?” 

“It is our wedding night.” I arch my brow, does she think I have forgotten the events of this entire day? 

“It is most certainly our wedding night, so what?” 

“Well... most married couples do that...” Suddenly it dawns on me what she is getting worried about. She seems to think that I had forgotten or was putting it off. I close my book and set it on my bedside table. 

“I guess we better get to work then.” I say slowly leaning over, it may have been a long day but it seems I have a long night ahead of me as well. 


A/N: I realized that I forgot this chapter. *Sweats nervously* I didn't realize I forgot it until I was counting where I was.

12