Moving Back – City Life
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the early Morning all the way to now - The Sisters have been categorizing every single Box.

 

The obvious Boxes we bring first, Lena’s PC, Clothes for the Sisters. Finally, the Food - which we bring in special Bags to keep them warm or cold.
Unsure if they got every single Item, Katya and Lena went back inside to check the Rooms. I’ve been waiting outside beside the Car for… a while...

 

Sir, are you sure they shouldn’t aid? | The Panzermenschen? No need. The Sisters are enjoying it to the fullest. | We can’t let them carry the Boxes all by themselves!
Of course not, Raven. You will carry all the Boxes we have up into the Penthouse. In short, follow and help them. | As you wish, Sir.

 

Katya - Dan, we’re done. | Didn’t even hear the Door open.
Lena - I checked under the Beds and Couch. We’re good!
- Alright. Hop in. | Lena shoots inside. Glad to be out of the Wind’s way.

 

Katya - Are you sure you won’t catch a Cold? That Hoodie surely isn’t sufficient…
- I’m fine, promised.. | Even though I keep my Hands in my Jeans Pocket. They’re no longer organic so… I don’t feel anything from the Wind or Cold.
Katya - Just put on something else. Please.

- Ahaha~... You worry too much. I already got my Vest, a T-shirt and another Shirt under this Hoodie.

 

Katya - If I catch you sneezing you’ll be sitting in the Corner, Dan. | … Oh…
- I see. | I look into the ground, my eyes open wide. My Head starts nodding slowly.

My Wife gets in the Car. 

 

Walking onto the Driver’s Side, I take one last Look at the House. For the Girls, the last one this Year. For me… One of few.
Glancing towards Oma’s House, I see her outside it. Staring my Way.

>/ Zoom: Minimal. | Thanks Military Lenses.

 

Yup, definitely staring right at me with an emotionless Face. I don’t feel too threatened - Even though I know what we spoke about yesterday.
Inside the Car, I release the Parking Break and reverse a little into our Yard.
Lena - Goodbye House! We’ll be back next Summer!
Katya - Yeah… Then the real work begins. 

 

- You two can sleep a bit, I’ll turn the Heat up a little. | Mind fine-tuning it, Buddy? | Right on it, Sir. 

The Radiator starts roaring outside the Car, gradually I drive forwards down the small Slope and onto the Town’s Main Road.

 

One look in the Rearview Mirror, I see Lena snuggled in her Jacket with her Puppies beside her - also taking a Nap.
I could watch them sleep all Day, but… We have to finish moving Things Today.

Katya - You could park underground and let your Machines carry everything upstairs - while you drive back and get the remaining Boxes.
- I can do it in two Drives?
Katya - We’re going to go up and arrange things neatly. So you have even more Space for Boxes.
- Makes it sound like you two are a hindrance…
Katya - That wasn’t what I meant, Dan. I know you think of us highly, you’re not a hindrance to us and we’re not one for you. Okay?
- … Okay. Let’s do this.

We’re on the Road leading to Tokyo, Katya leans into her Backrest and pulls her Seat forward. Now she’s snuggled up just like her Imouto.
I’ll keep the ride steady, even if it takes longer than it should. Napping is a delicacy for everyone in the Modern Age.

 

 

Passing by the Outer Buildings of Tokyo, I start seeing the Natsumi and Kreznov Towers - and the N-Tek Tower watches over them.
- Katya~. Lena~. Wake up. 

 

Lena stretches up to the Car’s Roof, checking on her Puppers. Katya turns towards me still lying on her Seat’s Backrest.
Katya - We’ll get most Things ready until you return. | Her Hands move under her Head instead of a Pillow.
- Cool. I do want to take a Shower… and relax.
Katya - Mhm~. 

 

...


Following the slight Curve in the Road, its Continuation is absent from any Activity - No People. No other Cars - Nothing.


- Where is the Underground Parking?
Katya - It’s behind the Penthouse. We can also access our Home from there. | This information would’ve come in Handy during some past Event.

 

Driving around to the Backside of the Penthouse and its surrounding Buildings, a massive and sturdy Garage Door proudly stands, both sides of which are occupied with Apartment Blocks.
Katya - This is it. I’ll open it for us… | Excitedly, she takes her Phone and opens an App. Pressing on her Screen, a loud metallic scream signals the Garage Door’s opening.

 

- When was that last checked on? It’s horrible…
Katya - Funny Part is… It is a new Addition.
- By who? | Now I’m curious.
Katya - Mama wanted it made, so that our Cars will be safe from most Things. | My Mind flashes me a glimpse of the heavy Storm earlier this Year. Tokyo was hit, but I forgot what the Damage was after it ended...
- Gotta thank her when we see her next. | Katya smiles at me.

A subtle Slope welcomes us. I gently push the Car, letting it roll down before gradually stopping it. Finding ourselves in the empty Garage, I see the wide range of Parking spots we have. All to ourselves!
- This is really great.
Lena - We can finally park the one Car we have. Yay~! | The three of us spark into light laughter.

My little Sister shoots out of the Car with her Puppers in Hand.
Katya - Lena, here. These are… your Clothes, Shoes and your Puppies’ Items. | My Wife hangs three massive Bags onto Lena’s Shoulders.
Lena - I-I… I can manage! | Can’t believe those Pupps are still asleep… Is that a good sign?

 

Precisely! Recent Studies show that over the last Decades Dogs that have Calm and responsible Owners tend to sleep through most of their Days. | That’s… interesting, to say the least.
Katya - Dan. Off you go.
- Right. Call if you need anything. Or anything hap--Yeah-Yeah! Now go!

Closing the Trunk, I take a glance at the variants of Cars around me. 

 

Jumping back in, I watch the Sisters head upt. My Machines await them there.

 

Is there a new Elevator? | It’s a recent Addition to the Building, Sir. The previous Elevator Shaft has been extended to reach all the way to this Garage. | Quite fancy of Lina to do this for us.

 

Going up the Ramp and exiting, the Garage Door closes again - I catch a glimpse of the Lights turning off.

 

Left of me - opposite our Garage - are another few Apartment Blocks reaching far up, but not even close to our Penthouse. Those are new, right? | Correct. May I present you with the Information?
>/ Auto Drive: ON
>/ Estimated Arrival in: 26 minutes

 

I lean back in my Seat. Hit it.

 

The Buildings you just looked at are the Starting Point of Tokyo’s new Housing Project. It’s primary Residents are planned to be Students, Office Workers and Families. | Glad to see Tokyo getting ready for more Residents. It’s a very good Sign.
If I already have Auto Drive on… Might as well take a Nap.



Waking up to a beeping Car, I quickly wake up to see what’s the cause of it. Suddenly… it stops. | Napped well, Sir? | Yep. Until this thing woke me! | Heh, I had to get you to wake up. Apologise. | Good thinking regardless.

Up at our House, I park the Car and exit. The Sisters left them around the Entrance, I believe. 

 

Inside the House… Everything feels empty, abandoned even. I do feel sorry that we have to move out but… I can’t let them wear three Blankets and a thick Hoodie everyday.
Spotting the Boxes, I investigate to find out what they contain. 

 

Decorations, Auxiliary Clothes - That’s specific… Only two? | Sir, I’ve found a few more in the Kitchen. | You’re here too?

 

I hastily walk into the Kitchen and look at the three Boxes waiting for their transportation. All of them have, Auxiliary, written on them. Meaning… these have less… Importance?
Raven took control of a Panzermensch near the House, his own unique Unit is with the Sisters - both of these Units are under his simultaneous Control.
- Anything else around?
Raven - The Boxes that you see here are everything that I found. The House… is empty. Both Items and Residents…
- Until next Summer… It will be a… difficult Time to readjust to City Life. I will miss it here.

 

Only now does it start to hurt. This feeling of abandonment is heavy.
- If we crunch it to the max… We could renovate it this Winter. But we won’t be able to get any Electricity or Gas…
Raven - Why not?
- We’d have to dig underground to find the old, rusted Pipes and replace them with larger Ones. Otherwise we’ll have an extreme Bottleneck. 

 

I cross my Arms and stare at the Boxes.
Raven - It would be possible, we have the Workforce. | The Construction Robots from the Office and the Panzermenschen, if need be for extra Hands.
- What about the Construction Materials we need? I can’t just buy them tomorrow.
Raven - Don’t make haste. Please think of your Children, Sir. 

 

- Of course I am! I’m thinking of them, Katya and Lena! Why else would we do this…?
Raven - There’s many Reasons for something a Man can do… Sir. | Looking at him, the sinister Steel Mask of my Machines and their emotionless Eyes…

- What should I do… I’m anxious to leave here… I got too attached. 

Raven - It’s normal. The Moments you had here. Getting tied to the Bed, sitting in the Corner… Quite a lot. 

 

- The City… While being safe and having its own Charms… It gives me… some anxiety. As if I’ll lose something…
Raven - That… Might be the only downside to Material Possessions. Letting go. Momentary Detachment is the issue at Hand.
I can think of my feelings later, get back to the Girls - Raven. | Sir. 


Ordering my Machine to assist me, we carry the Boxes outside - Just to get blasted by a powerful Wind.
Signs of Rain? | A few, Sir. Weather Forecasts have split Opinions. | Better hurry, just to be sure.

Placing the Boxes inside the Car, adjusting each of them to fit another beside while being mindful of the Decorations and Cutlery. They’d best go in the Passenger Seat.
The Machine gently sets the Boxes in, pulling the Seat Belt over the Decoration Box. The Cutlery one lies on its sides in the Foot Area of the Seat - This way it shouldn’t wobble around during the Drive. 

Anything else gets squeezed everywhere it can. The Boxes with “Auxiliary” on them get the Back Seats with Seat Belts around them.

 

With everything strapped in and placed safely within the limits of the Car’s Space, the Sky catches my attention.

Sir… It’s a Thunderstorm. | How long till it hits Tokyo? | About one Hour, Sir. You must hurry. | On it.

 

Ordering the Machine to go back to its Post and watch over the Town, I jump in the Car and floor it towards Tokyo.
Why the feck is Traffic picking up now? What was the silence before about? | I’m confident you are aware of the great increase in Laziness in the average Japanese Citizen. Resulting in a delay of Matters that need immediate action. Like Shopping, to name one.

 

These younger Generations. Always out for Relaxation without Sweat. Instead of working to earn their free Time. | Well said, Sir. But we have bigger Problems than the Demographic ones of Japan. | Yep. The Sky is almost completely Gray.

 

Absolute Focus goes to the Road ahead, I’m driving over the allowed Speed but at this Stage… It doesn’t matter. 

 

>/ Call Incoming - Katya
>/ Call - Answered
Katya - Dan, there’s a Thunderstorm coming. Where are you? | Assuming the news announced it.
- On the Road, Dear. Don’t worry. I’ll be safe before it hits. | Speaking of… Why do these sorts of Things happen mostly when I’m returning Home?!

 

Katya - That’s good. Don’t drive recklessly! No matter what!
- It’s okay. I can see the first Buildings on the Horizon. I’ll be inside soon. Promised.
Katya - Alright. Hm? What is it Lena? Sure! Here!

 

Lena - Nii-san! Did you get the Boxes with “Auxiliary” written on them?
- Yep. Right in the Back here.
Lena - Pfu… We had no more Boxes to put my Monitors in and put them in there without changing the Sticker…
- That’s fine. Did you use the Packing Foam?
Lena - Yeah. My PC is already installed, my large Bear is also here!
- Fantastic. I see you two are already accustomed to this change.
Lena - Slowly but surely… Please come Home soon, ‘kay?
- Be there… in 10 minutes.
Lena - We’ll wait for you!
- Sweet.
>/ Call - Ended

Racing past the first Buildings, I see the Towers again - but this Time I get no chance to admire them. With the Clock ticking and my fear of being struck by Lighting increases with every Minute - and Thunder passed.
Finally on the Street with the Garage, I realise I can’t open it without Katya’s Phone.

 

>/ Calling - Katya
>/ Call - Answered
Katya - Dan?! What happened?!
- Please open the Garage…
Katya - Right away!

Katya - There! I pre-- SCREECH! | This Garage…
- It’s open now. Thanks.
>/ Call - Ended

 

I’ll have to get a copy of that App.
Letting the Car drive down the Slope, I look in the Rearview Mirror and see the Garage’s Entrance close completely. We’re safe, Buddy… We’re safe. 

 

Sir, you do realise that the chances of being hit by a Thunderstrike are very low. | Heh… Forget something? I got Titanium in my Limbs! | It isn’t such a big influence, but still one nonetheless.

Parking the Car, the Doors open forcefully and my Machines begin the Transportation. I can finally breathe easy… I just want to take a long Shower at this Point… | Miss Katya and Miss Lena dusted off the crucial Areas of the Penthouse. Please rest assured that you will get a splendid Reward. | A hug is enough. 

My Machines get the last Boxes and hold them firmly. I lock the Car, check it and happily jog into the Elevator.

They press the corresponding button and… up we go!

Any difficulties so far? | Not at all, Sir. The Misses have ordered me to stay put. | I see. It only affects me then, in this specific way.
They miss it as well, Sir. It was an excellent change for them. You have the Blessing of overthinking everything and finding the Solution to the Problem. | It can also be a Curse…

 

With the two Machines to my front left and right… I feel like I’m about to step into a Meeting and will blow everyone out of their Socks.
In reality, I’m calmly waiting to see my Family again.

Stepping out of the Lift, the same exact Hallway welcomes me.
Thankfully, my Machines fit through the Door - granted, they need to lean forwards a tiny bit. 

 

Katya - He’s back! Lena! | My Wife excitedly calls for Lena.
A Lightning Bolt lunges at me. Pressing her Face into my Chest.
Lena - Welcome back! Dan!
Elegant in her Steps and Body Language, Katya reaches around my Hips and kisses me without delay. Promptly letting go of my Lips.
Katya - Welcome back, Love. You did great Today.
- Thanks. How are things looking? | I start taking off my Vest, Hoodie and excess Clothing.

Lena lets me go and walks over to the Boxes brought in last.
Katya - The Bath is clear, we wanted to take one with you - But… if you want pe--- Let’s take one.
- You two mean the most to me. | And my Mother of course.
Katya - Oh you~... | She presses her Head into my Chest, breathing in as she tightens around my Back.
- It’s alright now. I’m here, everything else will be fine now that we are all together.

 

Lena - Dan, can we set up my PC before the Bath?
- Sure thing. I’m sure you will manage yourself. Still, I will be right there with you if need be.
Lena - Can start then?
- Let’s go. | You two, grab these three Boxes. 

My Machines do as told and follow us deeper into the Home. Passing the laid-out Clothes on various Surfaces.

 

In Lena’s Room, the Giant Bear made it safely. We’ll use a Wooden Crate next Time. It was way too scary to transport it via Tank… | I understand, Sir. Your Words have been noted and will be applied at the needed Time.
Katya - What comes first? | Katya looks at the open Boxes.

Lena - The Monitors, they take up the most Space on the Floor. | Her Big Sister and I step aside to make Room.

Our little Sister starts lifting the Monitor after Monitor, in the End setting them into her desired configuration.
Lena - Can you help here, Dan?
- Yep. | Katya steps aside and watches as we lift the Multi-Million Yen Machine from a Cardboard Box. 

 

That’s it. Now just the Cables.
- Mind if you two make us a nice bubble Bath? I’ll get the Cables set up and test Boot it - Then I’ll join.
Lena - Don’t take too long.
Katya - Let’s go see what we can make.

Power Cord… HDMI Cables, Peripherals and that’s it. Cool.
Thankfully the Ethernet Cable is right under the Table, plug that in and the Power Cord from the PC to the Outlet.
Pressing the Power Button, the Fans start spinning and there’s no visible signs of Damage. 

 

I stretch around the Backside to plug in the Peripherals, now just the Monitors.
One end is in the PC, the other must go into the Monitors. Come on… I can’t find this HDMI Hole… There! 

The Monitors flash a few Times, cycling through their multiple Video Input Signals and… Ey! We got it!
Now Lena can play Tonight without worry.

 

Through the joy in my Head from setting up Lena’s PC, I hear the Sisters return.
Katya - Dan, ready?
Lena - Thanks a bunch, Dan~.
- Don’t mention it. Bath’s ready? | I tilt my Head.
Katya - Yep. You two head in already, I’ll bring each of us a fresh change of Clothes. | Katya heads into the Living Room to select our Attires.

 

I scan around the Room to find the Puppers… Ah! Opposite her Bed, in direct light of the Window.
- Well thought, Lena.
Lena - Come on~, before it gets cold!
- Alright~... 

 

My little Sister lovingly pulls me past her Onee-san, into the Bathroom.
Lena - Turn that way. | She dominantly says.
- Alright. | I turn my Back to Lena, until I hear her undress.
Lena - I’m not looking. Go on. | Soothing Tone she has now.

 

Dropping my T-Shirt and Pants and Underwear, I put my Hands on Lena’s Shoulders and point her Body towards the Tub.
Katya - I’m here~. What a nice View~... | Wha…
- Hey, Love.
Katya - I never thought your Ass could look any better than it did.
- Love~... Please.
Katya - Yeah yeah… Go on in. I need to undress as well. 

 

Lena very carefully slides into the Tub, followed by me. Katya starts dropping her Clothes and enters last.
- I missed doing this… I really did~...
Lena - I did too. It’s really calming to do this.
Katya - We’re a happy Family now, right~? | My Wife throws some Foam Bubbles onto Lena. 

 

- We sure are~...
Katya - We’ll talk on the Weekend about how to start Work again.
- Shouldn’t we just keep it closed for now? In two Months it’s Christmas.
Katya - I know. But we can’t just let you risk your Life each Day or Night. Plus, we want to spend our Time with you, Dan.

Convenience for me, doesn’t mean the same for them.

- Let’s do it then. But we leave the big Talk for the Weekend.
Katya - Settled.
Lena - Yup. | Both Sisters nod at me. 

 

With my Arms spread wide, keeping my Balance. My Head gradually falls backwards.
I feel gentle Waves, my Ears tell me the Sisters are getting comfortable as well. Hold on…
- Why are… you two glued onto my Sides? | They press into my Ribs harder.
Katya - You're my Husband.
Lena - And my Big Brother.
- Got me there

We made it. Completely moved Homes. Time to start everything up again, Business, Production and many more Things.

1