Chapter 8 (I can’t come up with a good title for the chapter.)
14 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can someone just leave this underground base alone? How can they even enter it? The lock requires a strong hero to be destroyed and it needs at least 4 hours of lockpicking to be lockpicked... I tried... What did... Oh right, it is easy to get rid of that.

I destroyed a certain part of the door and replaced it with something a bit better. Good thing I have some spare metals just wandering around here in this underground base... Maybe it is a bunker.

- doesn't really matter. I just don't want to see another bother. -

Yeah me too, they been happening, day by day... I should sleep for the night.

Good morning. What a nice day... Hope nothing unexpected happens.

- ... Don't try to stall the inevitable. -

The reason I am stalling it is because it is the inevitable, it will happen but I don't want it to happen early.

- I guess that makes sense. -

After getting ready to go to school, I go there and immediately sit.

After waiting for the class to start, I was hearing some very not normal words.

"We have a transfer student at this room."

The teacher said while showing a person I know I met before. *Sigh*... In hindsight, I'm sure he doesn't know it is me.

"My name is Darkness. Thanks for having me here."

He said while his eyes look at me for a second... Now... There are 41 students here... That means I could take a little bit more leeway at the next war. Oh wait, we need one more chair for him. Anyway, he looks like a handsome man with dark hair and dark eyes... I also have dark hair and dark eyes but I feel like it isn't going to be there for forever... Neither does his.

"Teacher. I grab a chair and a desk for him as you really didn't consider getting one earlier."

I said as I left my seat to go to where the stuff for the Class E has. After a minute, I enter the room with the chair and a desk and put it just beside me. No one wants to be beside me so they moved their desk away but now he doesn't have a choice but to be with me... Wait... That is a problem though...

- Too late, buddy. -

Well... No use crying over already trashed toys. I'm sure Charlotte is doing some manipulation in my mind or this is just a mistake I made... It is probably the latter.

- Of course it will be the latter. -

He just sat beside me and didn't bother to say anything.

School is over... Why don't they decide to have a break for lunch? We are actually stuck on a classroom listening to a teacher saying things about how to fight when we like to be in the Training room for 8 hours.

"School is over. Now what do you want to talk about."

I stand up from my seat, looking at a person I saved yesterday.

"Not really much... Why do I feel like you did something that help me?"

Darkness said while looking at my eyes.

"I don't know. It isn't like I help you right?"

I asked a question at his question, he smiled a little before leaving, muttering the words.

"Just as I thought, we really are similar."

Don't think I wouldn't hear what you said right? Well sorry maybe you should lower your voice a little more.

"*Sigh*... I guess I take more manpower. I just have to deal with everything else such as a person who can easily enter dark cycle, a really strong assassin group and a person who tries to hide her real name."

Doesn't matter much, I just need to leave this room before I get caught overstaying. I left the school and walk inside my base to see Darkness inside it as I entered.

"Hello there. This is a nice base, why don't you let me live here?"

He said as I assumed he already know what everything is in this place. You lunatic, maybe you should have my permission before you do this.

- All of the trespassers here act like they have the key to enter here. -

There is like 100 keys I have that can change the entire locking mechanism, I always even change it to something else after I enter and lock it.

"... Stop with the nice words. What even are you?"

I asked as I walk to the kitchen, open of the fridge, and eat some balance packed food. I can cook but it will took too long for me to do that.

"Maybe you should cook."

He said as he open the fridge and grab a balance packed food and eat it just in front of me.

"I'm not really that great at it. Fine I let you live here. I'm sure you have some money for yourself so I won't be giving you money but you can live here and as long as you aren't too much of a bother, it will be fine to live here."

After finishing the pack I entered the training room and train. Of course, Darkness is also in here.

"So... What do you want to talk about?"

I asked while running to a really powerful treadmill.

"Not... Well you... Thanks for saving me."

He said while his voice trembles a little.

"Is that it? I thought it will be something else. Well maybe you are a little too similar to me"

I said as I sighed a little. He doesn't bother as he used the treadmill just beside me.

"Of course why wouldn't we? We even have similarities at our faces."

He said as he matched my speed.

"I'm not really handsome if your aware."

I said while increasing the speed even further. He matched the speed I made at even the same time...

"Of course... Why would you try to copy my voice?"

We both said at the same time as our voice is changed to the other one.

"*Sigh* I'm sure you put my room just beside you."

He said with my voice in it.

"Nah. I'm not going to put it at 2 rooms away, because there are storages room and the room beside it."

I said while leaving the training room. After fixing his room... Took me an hour. I get back to running with the treadmill, putting it at its fastest speed. Darkness is in the virtual tuner that I kept here as I really like to be immersed in there when I wanted to calm down some emotions.

"Well... I could also fight him but... I don't really have some good skill."

I randomly muttered as I know nobody is going to hear it. After one minute, I heard the virtual tuner slowly opening as Darkness left the virtual tuner.

"Simulation done. Bad thing the AI isn't as random as a normal human is but... No AI can be super random... It be too artificial then."

"So... Want to fight?"

I asked as I turned off the treadmill. He just smiled a little before saying.

"Sure, why not."

I enter a different virtual tuner that is just beside the one he uses and set the destination to only a 1km nothingness. The spawn is always designated instead of the one the school uses that is random, of course it can be change before the match start.

"Your weapon is... A metallic sword."

I said while looking at his sword that is almost a copy of mine. The sword we have may have a single creator.

"Isn't it great? The creator of both our sword is the same... Both of them are unbreakable... But that doesn't matter much, the only thing that matters is who will win and who will not."

He said as he thrown 5 daggers to me. 2 of them has something else... Is that... Strings? 

I activated the two spikes of mine while throwing 3 daggers and both of our daggers hit each other, they both redirected upward. He then activated the reeling system and 2 daggers that is more thicker than a normal one come backs to himself... Even our weapon is similar. I retracted my spikes before drawing my sword.

"I hadn't fight someone similar to me that isn't an AI."

He said to me while also drawing his sword.

"Yeah. Me either."

I said while dashing straight at him and slashing my sword as he also done that. I am fighting someone with the same equipment as I am... hope you make me excited!... Excore, right? Maybe later.

- Right... It seem likes you are better than me these days... Well you only fight... And fight after all... Don't forget me please. -

I won't and I don't have a need to. Want to help me?

- Sure... -

"Now... Lets have some fun wouldn't you say?"

Hey! Why are you excited too?

Alter with my sword, slashed with it and he moved away to dodge it, but Alter dealt with that by throwing two daggers and Darkness dodge that before throwing two daggers of his own, Alter then redirected it by moving my sword to the left when the daggers hit the sword.

"Yeah... Really fun."

Alter said as he grabbed the daggers that Darkness thrown earlier and throws it at Darkness.

0