The Four Great Villains: Profile – Nightmare
316 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nightmare

Reya (Ray-yuh) Ninefall (Nine-fall) / Ica (I-cuh) Spazula (Spaz-you-lah)

Nightmare is the last remaining Star General and a lich-like being who has lived multiple lives. She is immortal and, by technical means, a demigod. However, what's interesting about her is that Nightmare is both from the First Generation and the Second Generation, having taken over Ica Spazula after learning what the new generation of reincarnaters is doing.

There is a debate whether Nightmare is a lich or not. She isn't, as she is many many many lives all slammed into one ever-living entity but, she can be called a lich. She is the ruler of the undead and of souls and, normally, is somewhat reclusive and friendly. However, every now and then, Nightmare will go crazy. When she learned of the Second Generation, she nearly snapped out of anger. Since her old body has rotted, Nightmare took over a compatible host, which just so happened to be Ica, a reincarnater who is a part of the Second Generation. Both Reya, the main form and First Generation, and Ica, who is from the Second Generation, look alike. 

After taking over Ica, Nightmare's unconscious influence and Ica's love for one of her friends caused them to snap. Ica is, or was, a part of a harem. After all, everyone loves those and who wouldn't pass up on the opportunity of making one? Well, one person just like that, named Darren, made his own harem and added Ica. However, since this isn't fiction, jealousy and greed took over and, in the end, Ica was practically tossed aside and treated like shit. Even though the harem was on the edge of breaking and Ica's falling out, Ica was still in love with Darren. So, when Nightmare took over, they snapped and Ica and Nightmare grew an unstable love towards Darren that can only be described as her becoming a yandere. Despite being a yandere, Nightmare still had a mission to do. She manipulated Ica into letting the Nation the Second Generation owns to declare war on another Nation. Then, Ica and Nightmare attacked the Second Generation. Despite being defeated, Ica and Nightmare were far from done. They fused, Ica becoming a part of Nightmare, and Nightmare lead her undead Nation to war. Using her almost limitless experience, she crushed the Second Generation. However, there was one flaw to Nightmare. Her blinding love towards Darren. Using it, they managed to defeat Nightmare. Nightmare had a complete mental breakdown and fell into depression and retreated. Her Nation went into hiding until she was found by an old friend.

 

Description: Bleached blond hair that didn't go much past her shoulders, green eyes with yellow pupils, and sharp teeth. Both Ica and Reya had green eyes and bleached blond hair and, upon becoming Nightmare, they grew the other features as well. They wear a green outfit, typically a hunting dress and a leather tunic with some silver guards, and wore brown spiked boots. Her weapon is a plain-looking schicmar, a hybrid weapon of her own design. Her voice is forever young but, every now and then, her voice gets an inhuman-sounding rasp or echo to it.

 

Fighting Style: Nightmare's weapon, the schicmar (shic-ick-mar), is a hybrid weapon made by Nightmare herself. A mix between a cutlass and a Arabian sword, this curved simple-looking blade is extremely sharp. Mixed in with Nightmare's unreal strength, martial arts, and magic, and you get, by her words, the most deadliest sword ever in existence. Fast and deadly, causing deep cuts and bleed even with just a light attack, and great for parrying and dancing around. Light yet heavy and perfect for using with martial arts. While many sword experts disagree, once they actually see Nightmare using it, they don't disagree anymore. After all, if you have the strength and skill to use it even somewhat close to how Nightmare uses it, it does arguably become one of the best weapons around, and the best sword. Nightmare's magic, however, is something else. Reality manipulation and soul manipulation. She can create weapons and constructs out of thin air and control gravity and matter. She also can enhance herself with her magic and uses chi.

 

Bio

One of the Star Generals of the Cherry Army, Nightmare's origins surpass that of Fantarsia and she has been even on Earth, tied with Reya. When Reya was transported to Fantarsia, Nightmare merged with her and taught her all she needed to know to survive. When the time glitch happened, Nightmare was sent back in time. By the time Nightmare arrived in the present, Reya was already decided to be Nightmare's new chosen form. She strongly shared Cherry's ideals like everyone in the Cherry Army. While Nightmare's past is surrounded in mystery, so much so that not even she knows her past, it is known that all Nightmare is female, even if they are born male. Because of that, Nightmare strongly believes that, whoever she was originally, she was female.

Surprisingly, despite Ica's and Nightmare's obsession over Darren, Nightmare is actually gay and have a strong prejudice towards men from her countless lives. Darren's betrayal didn't help with Nightmare's grudge, or rather prejudice, either. Nightmare did have someone she loved in the past but she refuses to ever talk about it.

 

Outcome: Nightmare purposefully caused most of the Nations to go to war with each other and showed that modern weapons aren't effective on the armored undead and even the plain undead. She also destroyed the harem and ruined almost every single remaining fantasy and isekai trope left in the Second Generation. Due to her crazed state, she is arguably the most evil of the Four Great Villains, though her originally reason for going against the Second Generation isn't as evil as one would think, especially coming from her experience and views.

 

First Generation: They are the first reincarnaters on Fantarsia, though technically Nightmare is a reincarnation of many many people all from Fantarsia. They say there are eight. They lied. There are twelve and their past and struggle is what sets them apart from the Second Generation, especially with their views. All of them have a inner hate towards the Second Generation as, compared to them, they originally played this off as a game or story and thought nothing of power and played the "good guys", ignoring the full reality with a friendly little story. Most kept quiet. Two couldn't. 

7