Prologue: The Tyrant’s Fall (Old)
390 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day, sixty people were taken from Earth by a Goddess and sent to the world of Fantarsia. They were given powers to help them survive by the Goddess. As a final way to help them, the Goddess told them of Four Great Villains that will stand in their way. 

The reincarnaters banded together and made their own Nation. As they did so, they learned about this world. Fantarsia is a world of magic and sword with many wonders. However, it is also a world that is engulfed in wars. Dark and brutal. If they wanted to survive, the reincarnaters would need to use their knowledge to give them an edge. So, they invented guns and started using modern technology to help their Nation rise. Everything was going well...

....Until a reality check arrived in the form of the first Great Villain. Keatori, the leader of the Samurai Clan, invaded the Eastern lands, intent on conquering it. While the guns worked on her army at first, she quickly adapted a strategy that made them almost obsolete. Just like that, she butchered the Nation the reincarnaters made and even killed a few of them before she was killed and her army was routed. 

And just like that the first scar was made on the reincarnaters. Things didn't get any better for them with the next Great Villain, Nightmare. Nightmare is a being with many lives that recently took over one of the reincarnaters, making her crazy. She enforced the fact that this world the reincarnaters live in isn't fantasy and everything has consequences. Because of that, she was hated. 

Like Keatori, her army of undead and her tactics made the guns the reincarnaters used all but obsolete. In the end, they managed to make Nightmare have a mental breakdown and run away with her army. After her defeat, the reincarnaters got a break...

....until the next Great Villain came. Zane, The Dark Emperor, grew tired of the reincarnaters and their way of doing things that have lead to disaster after disaster. He didn't want to declare war on them but the reincarnaters did. The outcome was bloody but, for once, the guns the reincarnaters and their army used weren't obsolete. In the end, they killed Zane and brought an end to his once great and powerful Nation. 

With only twenty-four reincarnaters left, the reincarnaters made preparations to defeat the last Great Villain, the Demon Lord who has yet to awaken. It was at this time that they learned that they were the second generation of reincarnaters. There is, in fact, two other reincarnaters who are alive that arrived before them. Nightmare, and the King of the Northern Empire. Unfortunately, for the reincarnaters, the final Great Villain wasn't the Demon Lord.

Part of the first generation of reincarnaters, Cherry K. Maple, a legend whose thought to be dead, awakens from a long nap. At first, she didn't seem evil. She was bent on restoring her Nation which did mean she started taking over other Nations but, she ignored the reincarnaters, not even aware of their existence. That changed when her entire army was almost slaughtered by guns from a city the reincarnaters own. Scared and pissed off, Cherry told her army to start using modern weaponry. Her army was vastly skilled in all forms of combat, including modern weapons. With her old general, Nightmare, by her side, she and the reincarnaters went to war.

The reincarnaters stood no chance. Outplayed at every turn. Outskilled at everything. Too weak and too reliant on their skills to give them an edge. By the time it was finally done, poison spread by the Cherry Tyrant caused many Nations to fall. Her army had almost taken over the world and destroyed almost all modern technology. 

But the worst was that Cherry, by herself, brought down the reincarnaters from twenty-four to just six in a couple of weeks. During the final battle, Cherry was finally defeated, but it was too late. Her army overran the last free city in all of Fantarsia except in the North. She destroyed all modern technology except her own, which was sealed in a vault. She destroyed all the second generation of reincarnaters dreams and tore the ever-widening scar the previous Great Villains made into a massive gaping wound that will never recover...

....and no one except the other first generation of reincarnaters alive knows how Cherry K. Maple came to be and what gave her the mindset she had. But...that was about to change, and it all started with Cherry's defeat...

....and her last words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

....The Cherry Tyrant. Such a weird and cute name...yet the reality of it wasn't so cute. Laying on the ground in front of me was a girl, looking to be around fifteen or sixteen years of age wearing a black and red gothic-like dress. Next to her was a katana and its red sheath. The red was a bright red so it stood out from the red liquid that was pooling around it. That red liquid was blood, and it was coming from multiple wounds on the Cherry Tyrant, mainly from the two nasty chest wounds she had and from her neck, which she cut open to speak what she had to say before she inevitably bites the dust.

Laying next to her and slightly covered in blood was a white smiling skeleton face mask, an out of place object in the barren wasteland and ruined castle we were on. That mask was proof that the Cherry Tyrant is not of this world, but from Earth, where I myself came from. A reincarnater in other words. She's just like us, or was like us. She fell into a monster somewhere down the line.

'No...it'd be safer to say that she was never like us...is what I would like to believe.'

My eyes went to her mouth. With her face mask off, Cherry's face was out in the open. She was very pretty but her mouth was far from cute. Maybe once it had been but now it is a terrifying reminder of whatever tragedy happened to her. Her mouth was deformed, cut open and her lips had big metal nails going through them. Some of her teeth were broken and jagged and some of her mouth looked like it had been burned. Whatever abuse she had in her past had made her the way she is today, a monster, and her mouth is a constant reminder.

When I first met her, I was confused as to why she never talked. I heard her laugh before and even growl when upset. Now I know why. Because opening her mouth to make any noise louder than a whisper and are words is painful to her. She can talk just fine and the pain doesn't bother her too much, but her mouth makes people uncomfortable. I still can't understand how she cares what others, mainly how her own army, feels around her. Not after all she did.

"Sella, we have to go. There is nothing we can do to stop her army from taking over the city," Malina, one of my trusted friends and one of the last reincarnaters grabbed my shoulder.

The City of Grandor. The last stronghold in the West that has yet to fall into Cherry's clutches. Despite their leader's inevitable death, her army did not falter. Instead, they charged into the city. Once they were inside, it was impossible to get them out. The mighty city Grandor, the hope of liberty in the West, was going to fall. And just like Cherry's inevitable death, Grandor's fall was inevitable.

"I know but...just hold on," I tell Malina before I crouched down in front of Cherry.

Cherry's eyes met mine and a flash of recognition ran through them before disappearing the next second.

"Why did you do it? What made you ever capable of doing this?" I asked, getting right to the point. The light from Cherry's eyes were rapidly fading.

Cherry was quiet for a moment and I thought she was dead before her red eyes narrowed.

"Go and find out for yourself," Cherry got out, a weak but smug smile on her face.

That was the last thing she said before her whole body shuddered and went still. Cherry's red eyes were glossed over. She was finally dead.

'Out of the sixty reincarnaters that the Goddess brought here, most were killed by her. Why?'

I shut my eyes closed and made fists, not caring for the pain of my fingernails digging into the palms of my hands. Hot tears ran down my eyes. Everything that my friends and I fought for has been ruined. Cherry's army is too strong to try and chase out of the West and the East. That is not to mention that, currently, only her army has guns and any modern weapons. Cherry had destroyed all modern technology in her march and the cities to the north agree to her cause and banned anything that will change the way of life in Fantarsia. How the Kings and Emperor were fooled by Cherry's words were beyond me. Cherry is a hypocrite, using modern weapons despite not wanting them in the world of Fantarsia.

Why is it that she succeeded? Why did someone as terrible as her ever pull this off!? It's not fair. She got to kill almost all of her friends and even the one she had a crush on. Ripped his jaw off his mouth and criticized his weapon and personality before cutting his head off. She had done it so simply like she had just scratched an itch. She had took everything away from her and, in the end, even if she did die, she still won and there was no possible way for me to ever take revenge on her. Her army would kill me before I could make any progress into taking revenge and Cherry herself is already dead.

"Sella! We got to go now!" Malina yelled, grabbing my shoulders and pulling me up. I turned to face her just in time to see a bullet fly past her head. I looked down at the army below and saw some of the soldiers were taking aim at us with their guns.

I nodded once and allowed Malina to drag me down the stairs of the tower we were on. When we arrived in one of the room below. Isheta was there with Ryan. There are only six reincarnaters left and two of them are in the North. We were all that remained in the lands below, and this portal would bring us to the last city owned by us located in between the border that separates the North from the West, a place where Cherry's army never went to...or at least hasn't yet.

I took one last glance out one of the tower windows and at the scene of carnage below. The city was on fire and though the view of the streets below in the town couldn't be seen from the window I am at, I could hear the cries and screams of people dying below. I ripped myself free from the view and jumped into the portal, desperate to get rid of the image of the city on fire that I failed to protect and the reincarnater who was responsible for its destruction.

 

....

 

Sella woke up in the middle of the night, gasping for breath and covered in sweat and tears. Her eyes were glowing light blue from the mana rushing around her. However, once she calmed down so did the glow of her eyes. Once the glow was gone, Sella let out a long sigh. She has been having that nightmare non-stop, even though Cherry's death happened two years ago.

A lot has happened since then, though not much has happened with Sella and the North. They did manage to thwart Cherry's plans by killing her. Without her leadership and skill, taking over the world seemed impossible for her army. So, instead they settled down and set up their own Nation; Scenellia. They ruled most of the world but, surprisingly, they don't use guns as their main weapons anymore. Instead, they locked their guns and the blueprints to make them in a vault and burned everything else, making sure modern technology wouldn't come out to light.

Sella's anger towards the tyrant had also faded with time, though every now and then she would get a sudden and intense rage, especially when Cherry's name is brought up. The biggest reason why Sella got over her anger about Cherry was because she read the book that her Nation made for her.

Sella got up and ran her fingers over a big red and gold book with a hard leather cover. When she got this in the mail, she was confused, then very angry when she learned what it was about. Yet, after a while of hating it yet never bringing herself to destroy it, Sella finally opened the book up and started reading it. Cherry, at the beginning, came to Fantarsia eight years before she and the other reincarnaters did with seven others, one being the current ruler of the Northern Kingdom. She raised the Scenellian army and seemed to be vastly different, though still socially awkward. Apparently, she did love someone. However, after that someone died, her heart blackened and she made a vow to stop the spread of modern technology.

When one of the reincarnaters, before whoever Cherry loved died, was going to make a weapon to destroy the Demon Lord when they awake from their slumber, Cherry lead her army to stop them. Her reasoning was simple. No one knows if the Demon Lord is bad and once you make a a weapon of mass destruction and use it, there is no going back for the world. Sella, back when Cherry was still alive, heard that Cherry wanted the Demon lord to awaken to destroy the world. That rumor she heard was most definitely false by the book's account. However, what really began her conquest to rid the world of modern weapons was when she attacked the city Furlin.

Sella had realized that her friends were largely to blame for that one. Originally, when Cherry and her army attacked Un-Coin City, she had no idea that reincarnaters were there. However, the next attack definitely told her there were a lot more reincarnaters around. Her friends gave the city Furlin a lot of modern weaponry in hopes they will never use them and get rid of them. However, they instead used the weapons when Cherry and her army attacked, causing a massacre. The result was Cherry started using guns to fight and slaughtered everyone in the city. After she did that, she began her hunt to get rid of modern weapons.

Just one simple mistake and betrayal lead to one of the worst enemies Sella and the other reincarnaters have ever known. Of course Cherry was probably going to be their enemy regardless. She was already trying to destroy modern weaponry and her right-hand was Nightmare, another reincarnater who Bruce, Ryan, Shena, and Rachel made a vow that they would destroy for good no matter what.

Nightmare is still alive and well currently and is living in Scenellia, which makes Ryan, the only one alive after Cherry's death who made the vow to destroy Nightmare a liar...though the reason why he broke the vow he made to destroy Nightmare is reasonable when you consider that Nightmare is more powerful than him and the Nation she lives in doesn't like him and would either capture him or kill him on sight.

"...In the end, no one really won, huh?" Sella asked to no one in particular.

It was true. Out of the Four Great Villains, not one of them ever achieved what they wanted. Cherry came close and did succeed in part of her goal. The other three, Zane, Nightmare, and Keatori all failed. So did Sella and her friends and even the Northern Kingdom. So many people died and, in the end, they all died for nothing.

....

......

........

"....But what if there is a way I can change that?"

Cherry's words ran in Sella's head.

"Go and find out for yourself."

At the time it was clearly said as a last act of defiance, or so Sella thought. Now that Sella thought about it, Cherry just sounded tired. Sella was quite certain she was just making a joke before she died. But, what if she could go back? No, what if she did go back?

"System, wake up," Sella said to seemingly nothing.

Nothing happened at first until a bright glowing blue ball popped into existence, looking something out of a sci-fi movie.

"Yes, Sella. What can I do you for?"

Sella was silent for a couple of seconds before responding with a sigh.

"Activate the Era Necklace and find Cherry," Sella ordered. The blue ball spat out a shiny silver necklace with a clock-like design on it and in the center of the clock-like centerpiece was a blue gem. Sella picked it up and felt the necklace start to heat up as the gem in the middle started to glow brighter and brighter.

"Error. Please specify what you mean by Cherry."

Sella let out a sigh and raised an eyebrow.

"You're a super advanced God-made system with a functioning personality yet you don't know who I'm talking about?" Sella asked, her voice showing that she was slightly irritated.

The System shrugged in a ball-like manner.

"Fine...Cherry K. Maple," Sella told her System with another sigh, glad she managed to recall the cute yet strange name the tyrant had.

"Coordinates are set. Please wait for the necklace to charge up. In the meantime, I can ask you if you are finally going to do what you said you would do almost two years ago and kill Cherry."

Sella was silent again before she shook her head.

"I'm going to try and "save" her first. If I can't, then I'll kill her. Since we are going back to Earth, she shouldn't have any magical powers nor be able to have the skill to dodge a bullet," Sella reasoned.

Despite the horrible things that Cherry has done, one can't deny her skill. She not only brought back a ruined kingdom but any city under her rule has flourished. She is a great leader and an even better fighter. If Sella can get her on her side then Cherry will become a great ally. Besides, as of right now, only she knew that Cherry was one of eight reincarnaters who arrived eight years before Sella and the other fifty nine reincarnaters did. With Cherry's help, the three Great Villains Sella's group faced will be easy to take care off.

"Alright. I'm just warning you that things will be different from what you are expecting, especially the outcome," Her System warned.

"What do you mean?" Sella asked.

"I'm not allowed to say," Her System admitted. Sella could only nod. No matter how hard she pushes, she would never get an answer from him. He was strict with the rules given to him.

"...Aaaaaaand Set! The necklace is primed and ready."

The System turned around and do what he claims is a wink, which looks more like a floating ball tilting to one side.

"Are ya ready to have your life changed, Sella?"

Sella was about to answer when she hesitated. If she does this, there is a good chance she may die. If she does do this then no matter what she did, the future will definitely change. Will the new outcome be better then the current one?

'...I know I am taking a risk, a big risk doing this...but I can't just stay still. Whatever the outcome is, it has to be better then this bleak one where no one wins.'

"I'm ready," Sella told her System, a determined look in her eyes.

The System was still for a bit, looking at Sella, before nodding once. A blue flash filled the room and, on that day, Sella Nickle disappeared from her house with not a trace to where she went.

 

 

And the re-write begins!

14