Chapter 3
221 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Terry opened up his eyes and got up from his bed. He takes his phone and sees the time.

"Five o'clock, huh? I guess I can run around the park today."

Terry is a lazy man, but a lazy man can sometimes wake up too early for their taste. However, unlike many people that wake and try to sleep once again, Terry decides to exercise before doing his daily activity, which is eating and playing games.

After changing his clothes to training clothes, Terry walks out of his house and quickly stretches and warms up.

A few minutes later, Terry put his airpod on his ear and began to do his morning jog.

As Terry begins his jog, one of his neighbors also wants to do her morning jog. This woman is Yanti Indah Pranata. She is a twenty-four-year-old woman, just two years older than Terry. She is currently working at a nearby company as a customer service representative.

She is a nice young woman who knows Terry is not a useless jobless man. Both Yanti and Terry lived in a place where many older people lived, and they were not as tech-savvy as Terry and Yanti. Some of them are even tech blind. Not only that, but they are also not well informed about stock or even cryptocurrency.

Yanti knows what Terry does for a living, and she even respects him for that. She knows that stock and cryptocurrency are risky, and seeing Terry successful in that job earns him her respect.

She did not know that Terry had the knowledge of his past life and used it to buy a big company stock before it became expensive. The same with Bitcoin. Terry buys as much bitcoin as he can when the price is about one cent per coin.

He owns one hundred and twenty thousand bitcoins in his E-wallet. If Yanti knows about that, she will drop unconscious. It makes Terry a trillionaire if he decides to sell all of his bitcoin. If combined with his stock? Yanti might have a heart attack from that news.

"Good morning, Terry."

Terry looks at his back and sees Yanti jogging toward him. Seeing the young woman behind him, he smiled and stopped for a second.

"Good morning, Yanti. How are you?"

"I'm good. Can you wait for me? I need to warm up first. I want to run alongside you if you don't mind?"

"Of course."

Terry decides to wait for Yanti, who begins her stretching. After a few minutes of stretching, both of them start their jog together.

"So, how is your job, Terry?"

"Doing great. What about you?"

"Sadly for me, it was not that great."

"Really?"

"Hmm~ The company has been losing quite a lot of money over the last year, and there is already a rumor that the company will declare bankruptcy."

Yanti released a tired sigh after she said that. The company she works at has not been doing too great the past year, and the reason is because of the blatant corruption in the company. The previous owner has passed away and left his company to his son.

Sadly, the son did not really want the company to succeed. He only wants to have a party and leave his company to his 'trusted' girlfriend. Sadly that said girlfriend only wanted the money and did not want to take care of the company.

Many hires have been fired up and replaced with the said woman's friend. Every higher up became inept and did not know what they were doing. Because of that, the company loses its customers and loses money quickly.

In the matter of a year, the company already lost a few dozen billion rupiahs. Yanti hears that the owner is still in denial and takes a massive loan, thinking that his 'trusted' girlfriend can make the company rise once again.

"I see. Are you already searching for a job?"

"I will begin my search tomorrow. I just finished my resignation letter last night."

"Hmmm, then how about you work for me?"

"Pardon me?"

Yanti looks at Terry with a confused expression. Does a stock trader need a secretary? She did not know.

"Come to my home tomorrow morning at eight and don't forget to wear formal clothes."

Without even explaining anything, Terry increases his pace and continues to jog to the park.

~The next day~

Around half-past eight in the morning, a white car arrived in the parking lot of Aira Flash Apartment. Terry owns this car. A few seconds later, both Terry and Yanti get out of the car.

Yanti looked at the massive building in front of her and frowned a little.

'Aira Flash apartment?' Yanti thought. ' Does he want to introduce me to his fellow trader?'

"Come on. The director is already waiting for us in his office."

"Director? Trading director? I never thought that a stock trader needed a director."

"What? No. We need to meet this apartment director."

"What?"

Yanti looks at Terry's back with a shocked expression. She did not know what Terry meant by that. She thought he wanted her to work for him without introducing her to his friend, a director in a massive apartment complex.

"What are you waiting for? Come on! We don't want to be late. I don't want to be late for the clan raid." Terry said the last part in a small voice, so Yanti did not hear him.

That's right, people. Terry woke up early and was willing to take Yanti to his apartment complex early because he did not want to be late at the weekly boss raid his guild did.

After a few minutes of walking, they arrive in front of the receptionist who greets them.

"Good morning, welcome to Aira Flash Apartment. What can I do for you?"

"My name is Terry. Mister Budi should be expecting me."

"Ah, yes. Mister Budi is already waiting for you. Please follow me."

Both Yanti and Terry follow the young woman to the fifth floor of the building, and after a few seconds of walking, they arrive in front of a door. They can hear a voice from behind the door after the young woman knocks on the door.

"Come in"

As the woman opens up the door, Terry can see a familiar man sitting behind the desk doing some paperwork.

"Sir, the guest you are expecting has arrived."

Budi looks away from his paperwork and smiles when he sees Terry standing behind the young woman.

"Ah, Terry. Welcome. Please take a seat."

Yanti and Terry walk inside the room and sit down on the couch. When Budi sits down on the opposite side of Terry, he smiles and says.

"So, this is the young woman you recommended?"

"Yup. This is Yanti. Yanti, this is Budi, the current director of Aira Flash Apartment."

"Good morning, sir."

Yanti bowed a little and then shook his hand.

"Good. Now let me tell you about your new job."

"Errr, I'm sorry to interrupt you but shouldn't I show you my job application first?"

"Huh? Why should I?"

"I mean, Terry is kind enough to introduce you to me, but I still need to go through screening, right?"

"What? Sir, have you forgotten to explain your position?"

Budi and Yanti look at Terry, who is looking at his phone.

"I forgot to tell her."

"Haaaaa." Budi sighs a second before looking at Yanti and says. "Sir Terry is my boss. He is the one owning this apartment complex. If he said that you can work with him, that means you have already been accepted here."

Yanti looks at her neighbor with widened eyes before unconsciously shouting.

"What?!?"

Terry only shrugs his shoulders unapologetically before getting back to play on his phone.

7